Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

As far as a "raw" conversation between Oliver and Felicity, I'll believe it when I see it. The EPs touted the premiere convo as being raw, where declarations were made on both sides. That didn't happen. Then they or SA said that the second part of that conversation happened in Ep 2. Nope. I mean, yes, they had emotional conversations, but they weren't as described. 

The EPs always oversell the Oliver/Felicity moments because they want people to watch, so I don't really trust anything they say regarding O/F. However, I really hope Felicity and Oliver do have a conversation sooner rather than later so that their relationship can stop being so strained/weird. O/F was one of my favorite dynamics on the show, but right now I'm really disliking their interactions.

• Love 4

The EPs always oversell the Oliver/Felicity moments because they want people to watch, so I don't really trust anything they say regarding O/F. However, I really hope Felicity and Oliver do have a conversation sooner rather than later so that their relationship can stop being so strained/weird. O/F was one of my favorite dynamics on the show, but right now I'm really disliking their interactions.

They need to talk it out this ep. I can understand them not doing it last ep because of everything that was going on with Sara in such a relatively short time (I guess, who can even tell what this timeline is), but it needs to happen immediately if not sooner.

• Love 4

Lmao, these two screencaps epitomize their relationship right now :p Felicity ain't having any of his shit. She's awesome. 

tumblr_ndrjxeIXka1rxxzwmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndrjxeIXka1rxxzwmo2_500.jpg

I guess I'm strange because those screencaps don't really reflect how the scene played to me. Yeah, you can tell that Felicity's new job bothers Oliver, but she isn't being bitchy with him at all, nor are they mean to each other--she's being Felicity. In other words, it's a bit of Tumblr fanwanking, IMO.

• Love 5

I guess I'm strange because those screencaps don't really reflect how the scene played to me. Yeah, you can tell that Felicity's new job bothers Oliver, but she isn't being bitchy with him at all, nor are they mean to each other--she's being Felicity. In other words, it's a bit of Tumblr fanwanking, IMO.

haha I agree. I thought the pics were funny but it's not really how I read the scene at all. 

Picture of Laurel in the lair again and no Felicity in this episode either...Frak

I THINK (think being the operative word) I read that Felicity is in the episode, just for a little bit though. 

Edited by ban1o

I don't think this screencap shows her being bitchy though. I see it more as:

tumblr_lsuxeoClMb1r3cgaoo1_400.gif

Yeah not really looking forward to episode, even though it has NYSSA! But then it probably has a lot of Laurel and practically no Felicity. And Laurel in the lair! *sighs*

Warriors gonna be warriors. They need underground dens from which to build their inner strength and stuff.

• Love 1

I'm really looking forward to that episode actually lol. We have an Ollie/Nyssa team up and a focus on Merlyn and Thea, which is awesome. What's going on with Laurel in that episode? I forget. 

Edited by ban1o

Well, Felicity wouldn't be in the lair anyway because that's the week she's in Central City so I can deal with that. 

Shallow note, Katrina Law is so beautiful! I'm more interested to see her reaction to Sara's death than I was to Laurel's which says a lot IMO.

• Love 3

I'm looking forward to it too! Which I know I shouldn't because high expectations = high probability of being let down. 

I don't think we'll see a lot of Laurel in this ep. More Thea, Malcolm, Digg, Roy, and Nyssa. Though I'm a bit miffed because I don't think we'll see Felicity a lot either. I hope Nyssa opens a can of whoop ass on Oliver and stays with Felicity in her apartment. 

This feels like such a big episode for Felicity to miss. It makes me think they are doing it to set up the crossover better. With so much stuff going down, I hope the small scene with Felicity is Oliver calling her to let her know what is going on at the end of the episode.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

This feels like such a big episode for Felicity to miss. It makes me think they are doing it to set up the crossover better. With so much stuff going down, I hope the small scene with Felicity is Oliver calling her to let her know what is going on at the end of the episode.

Especially with Ra's as the Big Bad. I definitely don't want Felicity left out of the Ra's arc like Diggle and Felicity were mostly left out of the Slade arc last year.

• Love 3

Well didnt we get the spoiler that Nyssa will be impressed by Laurel. Whatever that means.

I think it was "respect" Laurel. And that doesn't mean she will be in it a lot. 

Especially with Ra's as the Big Bad. I definitely don't want Felicity left out of the Ra's arc like Diggle and Felicity were mostly left out of the Slade arc last year.

I think Ra's is most likely a small cameo/appearance, so I wouldn't worry too much about her being left out Ra's arch. 

Edited by ban1o

I'm assuming Lance finds out in this episode then. I'm thinking Nyssa tells him? Maybe takes the blame for not protecting her?

I feel a need to visit the Bitterness thread about no Nyssa/Sara.

I think that scene is earned  though. I mean Nyssa was Sara's girlfriend and Quentin and Laurel are Sara's family. It's not like they are trying to "push" Laurel with that scene. 

Edit: oh and 10Eleven12, that's so true. I didn't even think about that. Quentin must find out then. 

Edited by ban1o

I'll tell you some highlights to help you out :P 

Originally there was a scene where Laurel psychically carried Sara to the arrow cave and it even had to be reshot but then was deleted I guess

Please tell me that wasn't a typo and is exactly what KC said in the interview? Because I am having so much fun imagining Laurel with psychic powers and lifting Sara's body via magical mental abilities.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the tension between Oliver and Felicity in the Corto Maltese clip. I hope things between them get resolved soon because I want my OG Team Arrow interactions back! Also, Roy is like a puppy. He's TA's mascot.

I kinda think the Nyssa will "be impressed by/respect" Laurel bit is going to be because she witnesses Laurel holding her own/able to give her an assist in some sort of fight. Doesn't Laurel meet Ted in episode 3 and he starts training her or something? So by episode 4, we'll be seeing a "tougher" Laurel!Canary, one who's totally a warrior! Meh. Will be scheduling my snack breaks, accordingly.

• Love 3

Please tell me that wasn't a typo and is exactly what KC said in the interview? Because I am having so much fun imagining Laurel with psychic powers and lifting Sara's body via magical mental abilities.

omg lol yeah it was a typo! :P I don't even know how I did that (well actually I do, I'm a typo queen) 

Edited by ban1o

Well, Felicity wouldn't be in the lair anyway because that's the week she's in Central City so I can deal with that.

Shallow note, Katrina Law is so beautiful! I'm more interested to see her reaction to Sara's death than I was to Laurel's which says a lot IMO.

Well plus Law can actually emote effectively or at all.

omg lol yeah it was a typo! :P I don't even know how that happened. 

It was a typo? Aw. Ruin my fun, why don't you! ;) Still, if Laurel had moved Sara psychically, it would explain how Laurel was able to maneuver a dead body with arrows sticking in it all around town. Hee.

• Love 1

So I just had a weird thought. What if Nyssa is impressed by Laurel and falls in love with her. That  would be out of left field. What if part of Laurel's journey is discovering that maybe she likes girls too.

Or if Laurel is trying to steal Sara's life why not steal Nyssa too.  Just a ponderance.  But that would solve the Lauriver problem! ( I keed....I think)...

• Love 1

The only time Oliver smiles in that scene is when Roy wants to take a bow on a plane because he's never flown before.  And we're back to humorless Oliver.

No but she could've just said "She's not, she's in Corto Maltese" 

And then Oliver would have said "What do you mean she's in Corto Maltese? She phoned me from Italy and said blah blah blah."  and then Felicity would have had to explain anyway that Oliver was wrong and how she found out where Thea really was.  This way ended up taking less time in the end.

IF LAUREL TOUCHES FELICITYS BABIES THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY! *pouts*

Laurel's inner strength will guide her.  

I wouldn't put it past MG to put Laurel running the computers while Felicity is in Central City, or worse, deserting the team to work for Ray Palmer.

The interview with David Ramsey was great.  He teased, but just enough, he reassured that the relationship with Lyla was going to continue, and he drew Diggle's relationships with Lyla, Waller and Oliver into a broader, emotional and psychological context.  (KC should be asking him for lessons.)

In this episode, in terms of the Manhunter connection...the show takes its time, you know that. The relationship with Felicity and Oliver, and my relationship with Lyla, it takes its time. So you're not going to see that full-blown iteration here. But it's, again, something they plant.

So Oliver/Felicity aren't over. Which is not to say the show won't screw it up.

• Love 3

So I just had a weird thought. What if Nyssa is impressed by Laurel and falls in love with her. That  would be out of left field. What if part of Laurel's journey is discovering that maybe she likes girls too.

LOL, this really made me laugh. I don't really think Nyssa would go for Laurel.  This show does love sister swapping though :P 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I like the parallels between Diggle/Lyla and Oliver/Felicity. It felt like that was set up in 301 when Oliver looked at them with the baby in the hospital as something he wanted but doesn't think he can have. So I like that if Diggle/Lyla can make things work it's showing Oliver that he can make things work with Felicity too.

But then this all depends on the writers and I have no faith in them to pull that off. 

• Love 6

I was fine with the scene between Oliver and Felicity in that clip.  I think some friction between them is realistic.  The idea that they will just revert back to how they were before all this went down would be pretty unbelievable to me.  Frankly, I'm not sure they will ever be able to really go back because it's not like they can pretend it all just never happened.   I'm sure they will work it out eventually, but until then this works for me.  

• Love 8

I like the parallels between Diggle/Lyla and Oliver/Felicity. It felt like that was set up in 301 when Oliver looked at them with the baby in the hospital as something he wanted but doesn't think he can have. So I like that if Diggle/Lyla can make things work it's showing Oliver that he can make things work with Felicity too.

But then this all depends on the writers and I have no faith in them to pull that off. 

I think by and large, the writing, for all its failings, hasn't failed Oliver and Felicity yet. Their relationship has been so lovely to watch grow, and it's realistic and believable and it brings out the best in both of them. I keep trying to remember that this is the first falling out (for lack of a better phrase) they've had that's extended past one episode, and the reason for it is pretty big. I'm going to do my best to be a little patient here for the next few eps.

• Love 8

I'm watching Laurel go through losing Sara... it's time for my sister to come home.

So is this the shape of things to come? Oliver gives Felicity Angry Face as she goes off to work, and consoles Laurel?

• Love 3

I think by and large, the writing, for all its failings, hasn't failed Oliver and Felicity yet. Their relationship has been so lovely to watch grow, and it's realistic and believable and it brings out the best in both of them. I keep trying to remember that this is the first falling out (for lack of a better phrase) they've had that's extended past one episode, and the reason for it is pretty big. I'm going to do my best to be a little patient here for the next few eps.

I'm trying to be patient too - I want to be! - because of course it makes sense that things would be a little off between them after everything that happened. But I'm so used to their relationship/dynamic working that when it doesn't everything feels off. It's all about balance. If I have to endure a season of Laurel eating up screen time I need O/F to do what they do best, you know?

I can wait a couple more episodes before I throw all my toys out of the pram though. ;D

• Love 6

That's the point I'm at too. It's one of the reasons I haven't given up the show--they haven't made me hate one or the other (yet). I don't like the fact that the EP/writers felt they had to go the love triangle route because I really don't want to see bitterness or jealousy be the reason they ultimately decide to be with each other, so I'm hoping that they can manage not to massacre the characters (and the relationship) along the way.

So I know people here generally don't really like things related to Laurel, so please forgive me for continuing to post this stuff :P 

J.R. Ramirez interview 

http://thehollywoodbillboard.com/j-r-ramirez-arrows-wildcat/ 

Doesn't really have many spoilers though  and most of it is about another show he is on. I am curious that if he is a series regular on another show, that means his role on this show isn't very big. I don't think he will be a love interest for  Laurel. 

Edited by ban1o

I can understand why Oliver would be annoyed at Felicity taking the job. Possibly it's jealousy ("you'll always be my girl.") or frustration at not having her at his beck and call.  But maybe he simply has no reason to trust Ray and his motives. I mean look at Blood last year. 

Why would Ray hire Felicity to work at Queen consolidated? She could just leak any and all information back to Oliver. Even Ray can see that they are obviously close.

I liked the bit of humour with Roy. I've always thought Roy was a bit dim, so a joke to that effect was surprisingly funny. I wouldn't mind more moments like that in the show (not necessarily involving Roy).

I think there might be a few cute/funny moments between Roy and Oliver based on season 3 promo line..."I never said I didn't know how to use a gun" after Roy's confused puppy look.

I don't want to wait until 3.09 to see The Abs!

I don't think it will all be jealously. And I certainly don't think Oliver is on a power trip with Felicity. He loves her. He cares about her.  He doesn't want her to be taken advantage of either.  And I think he realistically knows that she can't wait around forever either. 

So to me just like with Barry, his ArrowSense was tingling that something was sketch and it was. Barry was lying but once Oliver understood what he was lying about he set aside his concern and even called Barry to come be with Felicity at the party when it was clear there was a something between Felicity and Barry. 

I just don't see Oliver as being the jealous type whatsoever, not to the degree of interfering with a relationship that was not problematic. If Ray is stalking Felicity, that's problematic from the get go. I would be upset if Oliver didn't look out for her.

• Love 3

DAAAAAMN SON! He looks incredible. Also it actually looks really cold there. Where are they filming?!

Vancouver? (lol I'm sure you already knew that. I don't know :P) I wonder if the snow is real snow or if it is just added to make it look like December. It looks kinda real but it's a bit early for Snow, even in Canada lol. Did it snow in Vancouver recently? 

Edited by ban1o

Vancouver? (lol I'm sure you already knew that. I don't know :P) I wonder if the snow is real snow or if it is just added to make it look like December. It looks kinda real but it's a bit early for Snow, even in Canada lol. Did it snow in Vancouver recently? 

lol yeah I know it's Vancouver but I didn't realize it was that cold. The snow is probably fake but it really does look f****** cold! 

Now the front view of the shirtless sword scene. Oh my....

I guess I don't understand why Oliver would be ticked at Felicity for working at QC.  At all.  Maybe a bit on alert for personal reasons? but ticked at her? No, he has no right to be, in my opinion.

She was working retail at Tech Village, way below her skill level and pay scale.  If she's back at QC, she's - at the least - earning a good living.  And, we hope, she's back doing IT work that's more in line with her skill set and love of challenges.

If she hacked into Ray's systems, then she's going in with her eyes open, right?  She knows a lot of what he knows.  I'm hoping she's mentioned this to Oliver and Diggle, too, to reassure them that she's very aware of what she's doing.

Furthermore, Oliver admitted that Ray is better equiped to run the company at this point. And who better to keep an eye on it than Felicity?

Any friction between Oliver and Felicity should NOT be based on her working at a good company for a good salary. 

• Love 10

@ writerblock51 I agree pretty much everything you said. I think it would be weird if Ollie was that mad about Felicity's job. Maybe it's something else? Maybe he's just really annoyed about his sister and is taking it out on everyone? I don't know.. 

LOL it probably is about the her working for QC but I just hope he's not angry for too long because that would be ridiculous. 

Edited by ban1o

I think it would be acceptable and in-character if his first reaction is annoyance or hurt feelings, as long as he comes around and apologizes to her by the end of the ep, and they have a talk about the "don't ask me to say I don't love you" I love you to set (or start to set) things between them right. That's up to him, IMO.

• Love 2

I guess I don't understand why Oliver would be ticked at Felicity for working at QC.  At all.  Maybe a bit on alert for personal reasons? but ticked at her? No, he has no right to be, in my opinion.

She was working retail at Tech Village, way below her skill level and pay scale.  If she's back at QC, she's - at the least - earning a good living.  And, we hope, she's back doing IT work that's more in line with her skill set and love of challenges.

Any friction between Oliver and Felicity should NOT be based on her working at a good company for a good salary. 

I agree. As you said Felicity worked at a place well below her skill level and I got the impression that she viewed that as only temporary until Oliver got the company back and then she'd also have a better job too. So Oliver really has no right to be annoyed at where she works considering she put her career on hold to help him in the first place. 

I actually think Oliver's reaction in that clip is more about it bringing home Felicity's "I'm not going to wait with you" declaration. She said she wouldn't wait with him and she's not. And as Felicity has pretty much always been there for Oliver, that's something he has to adjust to now.

• Love 5