Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I honestly don't understand why he wants to burden Felicity even more than she's already burdened but it is what it is and I guess it makes sense considering Barry really doesn't care about anyone but himself... 

I think it just depends on why he goes to her in the first place (if they are in Star City). Does he take a trip there to see if things are as he remembers? Does he go to her for help with figuring out how to make it right? 

The promo makes it seem as if he goes to her for something and has to tell her about the timeline, and she gets curious about it (but the promo could be misleading). Maybe he doesn't want to tell her, but she talks him into it? 

It does seem super shitty to let her know that things are different in her timeline since it's not like she can do anything about it, and it's not as if she can tell anyone else. Like, "Hey, John...did you know there's some other timeline where you have a daughter?" 

Garbage.

• Love 6

I'm choosing to ignore that shit about Diggle and his son and focus on that screen where the names of Team Arrow appear.

I just hope they are adding a son, rather than exchanging him for Baby Sara. Unlikely, I know.

• Love 1

It is just my guess, but it make sense after learning what are final L words...  from recap by Nerdist (probably posted by mistake)  

Spoiler

L last word: “Please don’t let me be the last Canary.” She wanted Oliver to train a new Canary, and he actually agreed! by Nerdist

Edited by Lidach
  • Love 1

Laurel's last words are weird. She wasn't "dying" yet and she had just decided that she loved being the Canary. 

8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I am confused but isnt Sara Canary ...

Sara was The Canary and she is still a Canary. But at that point, Laurel had sent Sara off to the unknown of time travel and had no idea if she would be back. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

OK, thanks. Although wouldn'tit make more sense to put Evelyn back in the Canary role or just give it back to Sara?

Maybe for us, but if TPTB want this Canary to be new love interest for Oliver and maybe finally fulfill canon romance. Guessing... 

From the review on Nerdist:

But unlike Oliver, Quentin was inspired to keep moving forward instead of going backwards, so he decided to help Oliver clean up the SCPD with a few officers that he trusts. And Oliver knew that Laurel would have wanted them to work together, so he agreed. We also got to see a flashback to Laurel’s final moments in the hospital and the promise she made Oliver agree to before she died: “Please don’t let me be the last Canary.” She wanted Oliver to train a new Canary, and he actually agreed!

Who is going to be the new Canary? Is it … possibly … Felicity? Is that crazy to even think? What is a little crazy to watch is how “in love” she seems to be with her new boyfriend, Detective Malone. Something tells me Oliver has no idea this dude even exists, let alone is potentially living with Felicity. Here’s to hoping he’s a dirty cop so we have a quick and easy reason to hate him and get him out of the picture to clear the way for Olicity to get back together.

Edited by apinknightmare
15 minutes ago, Lidach said:

It is just my guess, but it make sense after learning what are final L words...  from recap by Nerdist (probably posted by mistake)  

Hide contents

L last word: “Please don’t let me be the last Canary.” She wanted Oliver to train a new Canary, and he actually agreed! by Nerdist

Spoiler

So even after her last wish they outed her as Canary so that no one else could take up her legacy? Wasn't that the point of outing her name. Well done Oliver!!! Retconing started in first episode of the season.

• Love 1

So it's Mr. #Poppy that Prometheus kills. Boo.

I wonder if Detective Mayo did something for the recapper to wonder if he's dirty, or it's just wishful thinking.

I still love how Laurel was speaking death bed lines before anyone knew she was gonna die. THAT'S SO LAUREL.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Bless that mistake though - I'm glad I read it, haha.

Me to :), I have it still. I copy paste it on doc immediately not knowing how long til they figure it its mistake, so I can read it peacefully. lol 

• Love 1
Just now, Lidach said:

Me to :), I have it still. I copy paste it on doc immediately not knowing how long til they figure it its mistake, so I can read it peacefully. lol 

It did me the favor of lowering my already low expectations to subterranean levels. I would've been so disappointed if I'd seen this stuff play out live. I much prefer pre-disappointment. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Lidach said:

Can you share it please? I'd be very grateful

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Can you share it please? I'd be very grateful

Nothing really happens. A lot of Action, Oliver kills and kills and kills and Felicity seems to really be in love with the new boyfriend. 

1 minute ago, looptab said:

"Stupid". I think the word you are looking for is "stupid". LOL

I really hope there's some precursor to this dialog like, "I had a close call tonight. If something ever happens to me, blah blah blah," and don't have her say such a ludicrous thing when she thought she was going to be okay. 

I'm guessing no, but...hoping, haha. 

• Love 2

Maybe Connor Hawke is in addition to Sara Diggle? He looks older than her. SA did say something about the show needing more kids. Laurel 's final words might have been about Sara, a new canary, or just letting others help in the fight. I think Sara is a real possibility if Legends ratings tank. Meanwhile we will try "Tina".

7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I really hope there's some precursor to this dialog like, "I had a close call tonight. If something ever happens to me, blah blah blah," and don't have her say such a ludicrous thing when she thought she was going to be okay. 

I'm guessing no, but...hoping, haha. 

I think she said something of the sort when Oliver asked her why she was telling him he was the love of her life. Didn't she say something like, "because tonight taught me that anything could happen, which is why I need you to promise me something"?

Of course, when you think that she also tells him he needs other people, and then asks him to train another Canary...what was Laurel really up to that night? LOL

They said her final words would hangover the season. I don't want the final words to be "train a new Canary". 

One reviewer had said that Felicity and her BF had minimal interaction and another said he was greatly exaggerated. That comment about Felicity being "in love" doesn't mesh that well.

Edited by Chaser

Few recap stand up remark:

1. Everyone thinks Oliver is slacking off as mayor in favor of his old party boy lifestyle - just like in  season 1. 

2. Oliver spent the entire hour in denial about Thea and Diggle rejoining Team Arrow .

3. Felicity eventually finally wore him down about recruiting some new members.

4. Corruption in SCPD.

5. Oliver is still blaming himself for Canary death, and it’s making him the most ruthless version of himself - again back to season 1

6. Quentin was inspired to keep moving forward instead of going backwards, so he decided to help Oliver clean up the SCPD with a few officers that he trusts.

7. New Canary to be trained in future. Casting is probably underway.

8. Felicity is very in love with Detective Malone, who may or may not be one of corrupted cops. I think he isn't. And bonus - Oliver maybe isn't aware of his existence?

9. New Anti-Crime Unit.

10. Interesting flashback storyline.

Regarding Wendy interviews, my guess episode 5 is clarity for Olicity in sense of finally moving on, romantically. Just what my guts telling me.

• Love 4

5. Oliver is still blaming himself for Canary death, and it’s making him the most ruthless version of himself - again back to season 1

He never blamed himself though. The first words we heard about that death before we even knew who it was were "It's not my fault."

I read that interpretation elsewhere in another post about the premiere, so...retcon. Yay!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He never blamed himself though. The first words we heard about that death before we even knew who it was were "It's not my fault."

I read that interpretation elsewhere in another post about the premiere, so...retcon. Yay!

Yeah, I just went to YT to check it, and he actually says that it isn't his fault, lol, these writers, It's like sometimes they don't watch own show. Or another theory: it IS retcon! And I wonder what else they decide to rectcon as result of famous Flashpoint.  

That makes no sense. Like @apinknightmare said, Oliver never blamed himself for Laurel's death. The whole point was to show how much he'd changed because he would have blamed himself in the past. All these retcons are so messy. 

LL's final words don't strike me as something that informs/hangs over the whole season, unless they want us to speculate whether that means a new Canary is coming soon and Oliver will train/bang her at some point (incredibly likely, that is the reason they've given Felicity a boyfriend after all). What about Sara though? She's still a Canary. 

Felicity being in love with her new boyfriend turns my stomach. 

I just thought that he went back to killing as more of for preventative measures because of Laurel's death. Like, not that he actually blames himself, but following the mindset that he if starts killing again they'll never be in that situation again. He didn't really seem to blame himself as much as the idea that he never took the full measures to prevent it from happening. It could be interpreted as blaming himself, but I see it as more of him accepting what happened and moving on, taking steps to prevent it from happening again (even if the steps are a bit too far). Then again, I haven't seen the episode and try to stay positive...

So that's what comics sites meant with her last words being up to interpretation. Didn't even remember that. Whatever.

I don't know whether to be mad or glad that I won't likely be able to see any sneak peeks today because of work. Probably glad, haha.

Edited by looptab
Just now, Thundercatmary said:

One person said they acted in love I believe, that's all and people are taking that and running with it.

Yeah, part of me is thinking that they are taking that final scene between them further than all of the other reviewers are taking it.

I can see where they got that 'in love' interpretation from, what with the intimate scene in the loft and Felicity kissing mayo bread's fingers. Let's hope it's just an interpretation because yikes.

Just now, Angel12d said:

I can see where they got that 'in love' interpretation from, what with the intimate scene in the loft and Felicity kissing mayo bread's fingers. Let's hope it's just an interpretation because yikes.

I think its just that, no one else described it as such. I think he is gone after episode 2 anyways. The way everyone has been describing Felicity as being alone and having just the bunker and all this ambegious stuff with Oliver doesnt make it seem this dude last long.

2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Am I being an idiot for hoping this means Sara now has an older brother courtesy of Flashpoint, rather than the gross erasure of a little girl? Because if that is Connor, they literally just erased a girl without a mask destiny for a boy who will likely suit up in his future. Gross. 

4 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

One person said they acted in love I believe, that's all and people are taking that and running with it.

It wasn't the acting "in love" that got me - EBR said Felicity took a shine to the guy pretty quickly, so I kind of expected it, but the insinuations that they're living together already threw me for a bit of a loop. 

Hopefully it's just an assumption based on the scene of the two of them together is at the loft and not out at a restaurant or something, and not because she comes home and the guy is already there (which could mean she just gave him a key, but would kind of indicate that they were cohabitating if there wasn't an explanation). 

• Love 1

A couple comic sites said that Laurel's words were up for interpretation but none of the other sites hinted at a mystery. I wonder if it can be taken as "don't let me be the last 'canary', train others, this gave me purpose, etc" and comic sites are taking it like "make a Black Canary!"

Like others have said, why not just make Evelyn the BC? They already introduced her and she has the DD connection and she is already motivated by Laurel. It makes no sense to introduce a random woman mid way through the season and have Oliver give her the name. And why build a statue if he tends on tracking down someone to take the name? And if he feels so guilty about her death why would he name some else Black Canary and toss her into the field? 

And then what? Hook up with her? For GA/BC? It makes no sense. It's hilarious don't get me wrong. Laurel professes her love for Oliver and asks him a favor and he falls for the favor. Laurel would throw a bottle from the grave. Lol. Still, tho, I'm not buying it.

Going back to Connor, what is Felicity supposed to do with this knowledge? Or any of the knowledge of flashpoint?  

• Love 3
Just now, ARLES said:

I think its just that, no one else described it as such. I think he is gone after episode 2 anyways. The way everyone has been describing Felicity as being alone and having just the bunker and all this ambegious stuff with Oliver doesnt make it seem this dude last long.

I struggle to see how Felicity can be in love with him so I'm pretty sure that is just one person's interpretation but I still think he'll be around longer than people think. I feel like 'ambiguous' simply means Oliver doesn't know about it and once he does, he'll have clarity and move on. I don't want that but that's what my gut is telling me.

It wouldn't surprise me if Detectice Mayo hangs around longer then some of us think, but that doesn't mean they are together. I still think they break up pretty early cause I think she is kissing HT in 5x05. They said her storyline starts in 5x02 and she starts to break in the episodes after. I think they break up in 5x02, probably prompted by the stress of flashpoint and Havenrock.

I don't think Olicity get together in 5x05 but I still think that 'clarity' is positive. Even if Oliver thinks he has to move on, if Felicity realizes she still loves him, it's a positive. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I struggle to see how Felicity can be in love with him so I'm pretty sure that is just one person's interpretation but I still think he'll be around longer than people think. I feel like 'ambiguous' simply means Oliver doesn't know about it and once he does, he'll have clarity and move on. I don't want that but that's what my gut is telling me.

It seems odd to me we have no sings the dude has been filming since 501/502 and he now has a full beard