Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I was raging pissed about him proposing. Actual rage. In fact, if he'd kept the secret without proposing, I could have been mostly okay with it, bc girlfriend not= wife. That's the main reason I haven't and won't watch that episode, which I have heard is otherwise excellent.

I'm weird, though...I'll legit never watch 3.20, bc him finally sexing her up after he'd decided to die pisses me right off. 

TBC, overall I'd rather they end the season with them leaning towards getting back together, but not there, but I'm basically okay either way. I got my breakup, which is, IMO, the only way he'll actually learn. He had to believe he had truly and permanently lost her to learn not to pull that shit again. I'd rather not miss yet another hiatus of them being cute and sweet, but I can mostly whatevs all this, simply bc I got my permanent (seeming) breakup, and he SEEMS to have learned. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

I've had my doubts whether O/F would get back together this season - I pretty much went back and forth on it purely because I'm a glass half empty person - but like @dtissagirl said, it's hardly surprising when you really think about it. You don't break up the main couple of the show in episode 15 and then nothing happen ever again. Arrow definitely doesn't work that way.

• Love 3

I'm fine with them getting back together by the finale. I think between the fallout from the nuclear bombs and LLs death, life is going to feel very short. They still love each other deeply. If I knew days were numbered, I'd rather be with the one I loved. I know what he did was wrong,  but I do think he has shown some growth.  

I also think at this point for him to become a better partner he has to actually be in a relationship. I think he still has a lot more growth ahead of him, but Id rather see them work on it together. But they do need to have actual conversation about it. Or at least tell me they did offscreen. 

• Love 6

The reason I think they will get back together is because Oliver needs to counteract a juiced up Darhk with "light & hope". 

4.20 pretty much put Felicity breaking off the engagement on par with the death of all Oliver's loved ones which caused Oliver to fail magic school. He was then able to have enough hope after Felicity took back "You can't change/Will always be the man on the island" to counter Dhark later that episode.

Now that Dahrk has caused 10,000 deaths Oliver's going to need a lot more "light and hope", especially if Thea goes rogue (which I hope does not happen). I think he will also get a boost from the support of the citizens of Star City, but his main boost will most likely come from Felicity giving him some hope. I'm not sure about John he seems pretty down right now.

I'm also OK with them getting back together by end of season 4. The reason they have to Oliver lying to Felicity and hiding William form her were a lot more nonsensical than the ones I believe they will use to justify a reunion. So far

• Felicity's stance that Oliver won't change has been lessened, she saw him being much different in they way he is dealing with Laurel's death as opposed to Tommy's or Moira's where he ran away and again to Sara's where he closed himself off emotionally.
  • He is letting her in on his thoughts and feelings (Limo scene/Why I blame myself) providing support to Diggle and didn't resisted her accompanying him to Hub City even though he was worried it would be dangerous.
  • Also with all the hits that Felicity took in that last few and upcoming episodes, she might want some of his support and belief in her to help get her through the loss of Laurel, the 10,000 deaths, the loss of her Position at PT, feeling about her Father and anything that may crop up with him and Donna.

She also knows that Oliver intends to never lie to her again and that he still loves her,  when something terrible happens you want to be with loved one.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I really want a scene of Donna following Oliver around "Did you know? Did you?!"

Hee. What if she starts to believe GA is why they broke up? 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

Haha a love triangle between Felicity, Green Arrow and Oliver :D 

Well, we are rehashing elements of S3. I much prefer S4's version. lol

• Love 6

The most funniest thing is that the people who supported Olivers lie (Diggle,Thea) are the ones who are facing difficulties and still will in the following episodes or even in s5.  Oliver is starting to see he screwed up.

• Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Hee. What if she starts to believe GA is why they broke up? 

Ha, I had the same thought. Like, if somehow she is in the same room with her and him as GA, she'll sure pick up on something. :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, looptab said:

Ha, I had the same thought. Like, if somehow she is in the same room with her and him as GA, she'll sure pick up on something. :)

Her last day of shooting involved a scene with them and SA was hanging out in half of the suit between takes when they were all together. I mean, you can tell me they were just hanging at the loft set and the scene won't actually take place there (although the presence of other people involved makes me lean heavily towards thinking it will), but Donna is definitely interacting either with GA or learning that Oliver IS GA. He had no eye makeup on, so it's definitely possible that she'll learn his secret identity.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, bijoux said:

Letting Noah know about Curtis' involvement doesn't seem like the smartest choice either, really. Who's to say he won't use him similarly to how he did Roy in the future?

As for Donna, I particularly enjoy a shot of her with a beer bottle. I guess she just decides to say, oh, screw it, at some point.

ar422a_0457b.jpg?w=1000&h=

I really love how they dressed and styled Donna here.  CR looks great but it makes me think she borrowed something from Felicity's closet, lol. 

12 hours ago, bijoux said:

It's the end of the world. I can understand and support going for the booze.

Apparently, CR is dropping hints about Oliver and Felicity getting back together. I don't know how specific it is, I think everyone expects them to at one point.

Seems she definitely said this season.

I'm hearing in another place claims that WM said Olicity fans would be both happy and unhappy.  Don't know where that supposed quote came from but it wouldn't surprise me if they basically reconcile Oliver and Felicity and then have something happen to separated them be it drama! or just something that would temporarily have them in different locations but on good terms.   

• Love 1

Had the lounge with DR today (Ruthy was there as well). He said that he didn't know what CR told her but they're not together by the season's end. said it was more ambiguous, they're in a better place but not back together and leading towards a wedding in S5.

He showed us his new helmet, it's much improved pretty much an open visor in the front so you can see his face.

He also said that the producers didn't know if they were going to kill Darhk off even towards the end. i think they did because the way he was talking made it sound past tense. 

• Love 3
(edited)

i don't understand the trolling comment?

DR was very high on Felicity, said that she deserves time and not just to take Oliver back. Basically Felicity deserves better, she should tell Oliver that she loves him but he needs to get his shit together before she'll take him back. 

Paraphrased not exact words...he said something about Oliver going to a psychologist 

Not a spoiler, spoiler but sitting in the CR, Italia panel. CR just said wait to you see what Darhk does next week.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
(edited)

..ok? My point was more to identify the specific con than the lovefest in and on itself.

@Morrigan2575I meant that some of the things DR said at that con seem to be contradicted now - and not just by what he is saying now, but by the events unfolding on the show that we saw already. 

I just remember not getting a genuine vibe from that panel, I'm not doubting DR's take on the character.

Edited by looptab
15 minutes ago, looptab said:

..ok? My point was more to identify the specific con than the lovefest in and on itself.

@Morrigan2575I meant that some of the things DR said at that con seem to be contradicted now - and not just by what he is saying now, but by the events unfolding on the show that we saw already. 

I just remember not getting a genuine vibe from that panel, I'm not doubting DR's take on the character.

i still don't understand what happened at that con that was trolling? 

At the time I felt like that panel was a bit trollish in their answers - I was probably the only one who felt that way -  I don't remember all the answers specifically, but mainly what they said about the Olicity storyline. Now, of course at the time they couldn't exactly say, "well, Laurel dies, and then a city gets nuked". Still, I think there's a way to be vague but not exactly misleading. It's no big deal, just a consideration I was making :)

By the way, I wish people wouldn't ask anymore about LL's last words. Let's not give them any more incentives to build upon that. She probably asked him to water her plants. :)

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, looptab said:

At the time I felt like that panel was a bit trollish in their answers - I was probably the only one who felt that way -  I don't remember all the answers specifically, but mainly what they said about the Olicity storyline. Now, of course at the time they couldn't exactly say, "well, Laurel dies, and then a city gets nuked". Still, I think there's a way to be vague but not exactly misleading. It's no big deal, just a consideration I was making :)

Oh, I think I remember what panel you mean. Yeah, I can see why it might have been trolling but I also don't know if DR and SA would troll about Felicity/EBR. They love her so much. 

Also that was the same con which happened just after Felicity broke up with Oliver and there was some booing for Felicity and I think they heard about it. I can see them maybe having a Felicity loveliest as a result of that because that's the way they are, IMO.

• Love 1

2 truths 1 lie.

in the finale you find on E2 that Diggle is a superhero, by end of the season Olicity are not together, by end of the season Darhk dies

he outed the lie afterwards and said the other 2 are truths.

If the season is going to end without even giving any indication that Oliver and Felicity are going to reconcile, then what's supposed to happen over the summer/season 5? Back to having third parties in the mix? Raylicity 2.0? I don't get it.

• Love 3

I didn't see that panel as trolling, I remember last here at Birmingham David and Stephen talked about Felicity and Emily a lot, just like that.

Also trolling in that context wouldn't be to avoid giving spoilers but to mock the fans and I don't see them acting like that at all.

nice brief moment between Diglicity at the end of the season

Hopefully more Diglicity in S5. 

Sounds like Diggle is leaving the team at the end of S4.  Said something about how his decision over Andy and Laurel will have impact the team

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

2 truths 1 lie.

in the finale you find on E2 that Diggle is a superhero, by end of the season Olicity are not together, by end of the season Darhk dies

he outed the lie afterwards and said the other 2 are truths.

Which did he out as a lie?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Which did he out as a lie?

Diggle being a Superhero on another Earth.

Asked how S4 ending would make us feel

remember when S2 ended on the beach how great was that? ain't going to happen booboo. it's a fractured group at the end of S4. Darhk does something to the team. 

not leaving it with the fuzzies but opens up great storytelling in S5

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder if that thing involves a dark, cavernous space. 

yeah, I'm a bit confused,  he said Darhk does something to the team, then mentioned Laurel affecting the team and Andy affecting Diggle.

Sounds like it's something that's going to happen but I'm not 100% sure.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Also trolling in that context wouldn't be to avoid giving spoilers but to mock the fans and

That's what it felt like to me, and that's why I had (and have) such a strong reaction :) But it's cool that you guys think it was ok, pobably I'm overthinking.

For sure, David saying that O/F would get back together and that Dig would help them sounds a little trollish - I didn't take him seriously at all, but I know some people have.

Re the spoilers, I'm cool with anything as long as they leave Lyla alone.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, looptab said:

That's what it felt like to me, and that's why I had (and have) such a strong reaction :) But it's cool that you guys think it was ok, pobably I'm overthinking.

For sure, David saying that O/F would get back together and that Dig would help them sounds a little trollish - I didn't take him seriously at all, but I know some people have.

i don't think that was trolling he only knows what he's filmed or read. he might have figured it was going to happen or he might have been told that's where they were going but the EPs shifted gears. 

DR has said repeatedly that the EPs have plans at the start of the season that change constantly. He also mentioned the producers didn't decided until the very end if Darhk would die or not.

• Love 4

Hopefully O/F not getting back together straight away means we go back to the flirty flirt we've missed out on. Get a bit of the sexual tension back, yes? ;P

Also yay Delicity!

• Love 2

All of DR's answers have really deflated my interest in the last 2 eps. Sounds like a total misery fest - no thanks.

I'm also pretty frustrated they are going to keep O/F apart. If the show was better written I wouldn't mind, because the resolution should take longer, but with this show it will be a miracle if they even remember why the two broke up in the first place. They've already been all over the place with the reasoning in the last few episodes. Plus, given that the catalyst for their split was completely contrived and poorly executed keeping them separated for half a season or more over that nonsense is just frustrating to me.

I guess I was just hoping that even if the season ended on the downer of the team being split, O/F would be together to help balance that out. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

i don't think that was trolling he only knows what he's filmed or read. he might have figured it was going to happen or he might have been told that's where they were going but the EPs shifted gears. 

Could be. And who knows, maybe he'll get to have one of his talks with them in between saving the world :)

@Angel12d I agree, if they don't get back together, then they Have to show us the reconciliation come S5!

1 minute ago, GirlvsTV said:

All of DR's answers have really deflated my interest in the last 2 eps. Sounds like a total misery fest - no thanks.

I'm also pretty frustrated they are going to keep O/F apart. If the show was better written I wouldn't mind, because the resolution should take longer, but with this show it will be a miracle if they even remember why the two broke up in the first place. They've already been all over the place with the reasoning in the last few episodes. Plus, given that the catalyst for their split was completely contrived and poorly executed keeping them separated for half a season or more over that nonsense is just frustrating to me.

I guess I was just hoping that even if the season ended on the downer of the team being split, O/F would be together to help balance that out. 

I agree 100%. Also I didn't like that we missed seeing them getting closer and flirting during the hiatus between season 2 and 3 so I'm not looking forward a repetition of that. It's frustrating and I'm not confident at all about how they are going to handle them getting back together in season 5 or even that the way we will find them right after the hiatus will make sense.

• Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Hopefully O/F not getting back together straight away means we go back to the flirty flirt we've missed out on. Get a bit of the sexual tension back, yes? ;P

I just can't see how that's supposed to work. They were engaged and living together, how are they going to walk that back for an extended time? Oliver sad panda-ing and Felicity reminding him at every instance that they're not together, but she wants to help? It's not like the breakup was a mutual decision. 

Sorry... I'm just pessimistic about how it's going to turn out. The show has never written Olicity well when they're separated, and it looks like they're going to keep them apart for a while. The thing I fear the most is another retread of season 3 Olicity.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I just can't see how that's supposed to work. They were engaged and living together, how are they going to walk that back for an extended time? Oliver sad panda-ing and Felicity reminding him at every instance that they're not together, but she wants to help? It's not like the breakup was a mutual decision. 

Sorry... I'm just pessimistic about how it's going to turn out. The show has never written Olicity well when they're separated, and it looks like they're going to keep them apart for a while. The thing I fear the most is another retread of Olicity in season 3.

Well, considering they seem to be in a better place I'm expecting some flirting, rather than sad panda-ing. I mean, in 420 Oliver started being a sad panda just after Esrin told him he sucked. :)

7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Sorry... I'm just pessimistic about how it's going to turn out. The show has never written Olicity well when they're separated, and it looks like they're going to keep them apart for a while. The thing I fear the most is another retread of season 3 Olicity.

Well, I'm not sure either. Haha. Maybe they have a talk about where to go from here? And they decide to take it slow and see how it goes. It's not back together but there's a bit of hope/set-up. 

I'll be very surprised if we end the season with no O/F discussion about their relationship at all. I find it kind of strange to break them up in 415 and just leave it there, particularly based on the usual format of Arrow storytelling where everything kind of comes full circle by the end of the season. IDK. 

Maybe they had intended to get them back together and did a last minute change to prove that they didn't kill Laurel for Olicity. I wouldn't be surprised tbh. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

we're going to see a different Diggle by the end of the season. 

he's going to pay for lying to Lyla.

Could this maybe mean a Diggle/Lyla split? Because in 421 they did have that O/D talk where Oliver basically told him not to lie to Lyla because essentially look how that worked out for him with lying to Felicity.

Hmm. 

I find it really weird if they end the season apart.It's not how they usually write. I mean they made a big deal about an engagement in both the premiere and midseason, broke them up in 4.15 and have already resolved most of the issues tbh and they barely seem broken up already. Its really underwhelming to end the season  with just a hint of hope for them considering the huge moments they wrote for them in all the big episodes this season and pretty much for the past 2 seasons olicity has been a huge part of the finale. I guess we'll see how it plays out tho.

• Love 3

I think if they leave it ambiguous is mostly because of the huge thing that happened in their world. Not much space left for trips to Bali, but maybe they are closer and facing the aftermath together.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Maybe they had intended to get them back together and did a last minute change to prove that they didn't kill Laurel for Olicity. I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

That's what I thought too, when MG went on and on about how they didn't kill LL for Olicity. I didn't expect a full reunion by the end of the season, but I thought they'd at least imply that they would be working on their relationship over the summer. Give fans something to hang on to over hiatus.