Type keyword(s) to search

Captain Frank Irving: Skeptic No More

Oh, Frank! *sigh*

While badness seems inevitable, now, in Frank's future, I hope there is a way for Jenny and Frank to have some Terrytown time. They are so awesome and a textbook Battle Couple (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BattleCouple).

I don't think that Frank is automatically destined for Horsemanship. He would be a strong one, but I think Henry/Jeremy would rather twist the knife in Abby and Ichabod's guts by turning Frank into something/someone not unlike Andy. Having Frank, even reluctantly, fight against people he believes and trusts hurts everyone on Team Witnesses.  In my Jenny/Irving shipper heart, I can see it eat at both Jenny and Frank, especially if Henry manipulates situations enough to have Frank and his ex give their marriage another try. That would hurt not only Jenny and Frank, but  Cynthia ( the ex) and Macey (the daughter)!  War loves him some discord and this would be satisfying, I'm sure.

• Love 1

Frank is free! Which is a very good thing, considering what he went through in the hospital! Tonight? Oh, writers; don't do that too me again! ( At least not until the season finale. Maybe.) 

As someone posted in the "Mama" episode thread, I, too, would enjoy an Odd Couple type of episode with Crane and Irving at Corbin's cabin! While I doubt Irving is close to Oscar, we totally have Felix in Crane. Or a sniffy Oscar there. Anyhoo, an episode with these two would be welcome in my house.

• Love 1

*sigh* Not happy about Frank off on his own. No safety net!  (Okay, no safety net that we know about.)

He isn't one to take the easiest path, so hopefully all of his faith in Team Witness is rewarded the way it should be: with his soul back! As early as possible, but no later than Season 2's finale, please!  Haunted, yet determined Frank Irving is killing me. Orland is knocking all the feels out of the ballpark and rightfully deserves shiny things in conjunction with his role.

I'll be patient. I'll watch next week.

Orlando Jones retweeted this

The Legal Geeks ‏@TheLegalGeeks Nov 25

What Are Henry's Ethical Duties to Frank Irving as an Attorney?  http://thelegalgeeks.com/blog/?p=7362 #sleepyhollow

It gave me some laughs and facetiously addressed some of the same questions many have been asking about Irving signing away his soul to his lawyer and Moloch's Horseman of War.

Conflict of interest much? 

Edited by Reese
  • Love 3

Dammit!

So torn: either Frank can come back, still under Henry's sway, or he might be "chosen" to replace the traitorous Henry and be the Horseman of War. Not liking either of those ideas. Hopefully, Henry will relent and let us have Frank back, but I'm not that silly. Even if Frank is returned by Henry's hand, Captain Irving will not be free in anyway.

Frank/Orlando has brought me to tears this season! Frank didn't ask for this fight, but he went all in because it's what you do when Evil threatens your world , and specifically choses to  go after your daughter. Frank has lost so much- his family since last holiday season, his job and reputation/professional standing, his soul, his freedom, probably more- and now he's lost his life. Granted, he went out a hero and Fighting The Good Fight, but as others have noted, Team Witness stays small because even a "small" loss is big for them. Legions of reanimated corpses? Minor demons? Friends manipulated by Evil? The Big Bads here are always gonna make more flunkies, like the evil Keebler elves!

The loss of Frank offends me because while Team Witness narratively does need to take meaningful hits now and again, in order to show there are real stakes for the characters, losing the demon/monster of the week does not have the same feel as, say, Poor Dead Andy ( who may still pop up because...Magic!). Losing Frank? After beating him down at the end of last season, sidelining him this season, having him undergo torture at the hands of that ghost, then having a dragnet out on him? Is lazy and cheap.  If Frank isn't most sincerely dead, he had best come back in a way that befits Da Chief/a Bawse/ CAPTAIN Irving.  Apparently, there is Hell to pay, and if the Capt. doesn't get an awesome next act, I know who is to make that payment, writers.

• Love 1

Oy vey. I thought it would be Irving but I wanted to be wrong. SNIFF

I'd like to see him back, but after mostly wasted season 2 of O Jones talents, I want him to find a new show that appreciates what they have in him.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 2

I'm not looking forward to Ghost Irving, which is where they might be going with him.  I really feel for his family.  Don't want to see Abbie breaking the news to them.  :(

Orlando really delivered on those final scenes, though.  Bravo.  He's the show's biggest cheerleader as well.  I'm going to miss that.

• Love 1

Poor Frank! Saddled with the worst plotline, forgotten most of the time and sacrificed at the Cranewrecks altar without any build up or emotional stakes, since his family has been completely absent. That's the fate of any character, who isn't a Crane.

Irving's death gave me a flashback to when BtVS killed off Tara. I was really looking forward to what the next step would be for her and Willow now that the Scoobies were back together then...BLAM! It was all gone with a gunshot. Except here I liked Irving SO much more than I ever liked Tara so this loss (or plot twist as the case may be) has me way more pissed off.

I just saw someone mention on tumblr that Orlando went from following 666 people, to only following  Graeme Manson@GraemeManson1, Orphan Black co-creator and writer.  I went to twitter, and sure enough, it's true.  Hmmm.

• Love 2

I just saw someone mention on tumblr that Orlando went from following 666 people, to only following  Graeme Manson@GraemeManson1, Orphan Black co-creator and writer.  I went to twitter, and sure enough, it's true.  Hmmm.

666 people? Orlando/Frank is definitely turning to Team Evil when the show resumes!

Damn, it is true. Except he's following two people now. But the 666 number was funny...now, not so much. He knows he/his character was treated poorly by the writers (not the cast). It's why he's been tearing a strip off of the show re: #AbbieMillsDeservesBetter and making fun of everything. Again, what a waste.

• Love 2

Damn, it is true. Except he's following two people now. But the 666 number was funny...now, not so much. He knows he/his character was treated poorly by the writers (not the cast). It's why he's been tearing a strip off of the show re: #AbbieMillsDeservesBetter and making fun of everything. Again, what a waste.

We'd better see Frank back one way or another! Of course OJ may be glad to be written out at this point and I wouldn't blame him.

• Love 3

Nicely done The Orlando Jones, :)

That return scene slightly creeped me out though...

He's another Andy now... I'm sure of it... I guess we'll find out more once Henry returns (cause he has to return I imagine).

• Love 2

After tonight's episode, and the  scene between Henry and Frank last week, a) I'm glad Frank has what seems like a story and b)  Frank is down with Henry's plans 100%, it seems.

I want to believe Frank truly is concerned for Macy and Cynthia, but I don't trust a syllable out of his mouth. He went to Jenny for a reason; Abby'd grill him like a suspect.  I hate that my crackship is being used like this, yet it's great to watch Orlando get his 'Believe me" face on! I do want to believe Frank, but I know he's  lying left right and center about all sorts of things.  

So glad Orlando is just walking away with his scenes!  Moar Tanktop of Evil! TYIA, sir.

• Love 2

Thank you folks who wrote Frank/Jenny in this week's script! At first I was all 'play it safe and Medusa his ass!' then he coughed up Henry magic, and I was all 'Don't hit him by accident! Put the head up!" Then I was worried that he may have been released from Henry's contract, but still Evil and was worried about Jenny!

I went from being scared about Frank being stuck in stone-form to glad to see That Hug! When Frank's eyes went black? That was cool and spooky. I am greedy enough, still, to want more for my undead police captain and massive bad-ass! I also want the gun show to return. See? Not impossible stuff, show! *g*

• Love 2

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but it's been bugging me for a while - Frank's title is Captain, but the man he replaced was Sheriff Corbin, while Frank was, in turn, replaced by Sheriff Reyes. I have no clue how police stations/ranks work in the USA, so why the change in title? Is there any "real" difference or are they just different names for the same thing?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but it's been bugging me for a while - Frank's title is Captain, but the man he replaced was Sheriff Corbin, while Frank was, in turn, replaced by Sheriff Reyes. I have no clue how police stations/ranks work in the USA, so why the change in title? Is there any "real" difference or are they just different names for the same thing?

I don't think he replaced Corbin. There wasn't any time to replace him, to be honest. In the pilot episode, Corbin gets killed at night. Around the same time (later that same night), Crane is arrested and ends up in the jail. Both Irving and Abbie are at the station to interrogate him. So I always thought that the Captain headed the department, and Corbin was just a higher rank than Abbie, but reported directly to Irving.

i think Irving was to have transferred to SH maybe a week or a bit more before everything in the pilot happened. He commented on his somewhere in the early episodes.

• Love 1

I don't think he replaced Corbin. There wasn't any time to replace him, to be honest. In the pilot episode, Corbin gets killed at night. Around the same time (later that same night), Crane is arrested and ends up in the jail. Both Irving and Abbie are at the station to interrogate him. So I always thought that the Captain headed the department, and Corbin was just a higher rank than Abbie, but reported directly to Irving.

i think Irving was to have transferred to SH maybe a week or a bit more before everything in the pilot happened. He commented on his somewhere in the early episodes.

Ok, that would make sense to me... And then when Reyes came in, she did replace Frank but just had the title of Sheriff?

I ask not only for curiosity but also because I'm trying to plot a post season two but no probably AU season three fic wherein Frank gets reinstated in some way, and I'm wondering would he outrank Reyes or she outrank him. Not having a notion how these things work, I figured someone here would give me some guidance?!

• Love 1