Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Birthday Party

Billy turns to an unlikely ally for help in his quest for revenge against Hap; Wick ignores Hap's wishes and continues to see Jules, and even gets Carla to help throw her a birthday party at the house; and AJ makes a major decision after things come to a head with Lacey.

So who else was impressed with Lacey?

Yeah, right now she and the old oil coot are the only likable characters for me. I was impressed with with how they didn't drag the Ahmed-secret out for the entire season. Not thrilled with the coot's granddaughter who looks to be in position to cause marriage drama for stupid-Billy.

• Love 1

The "old coot" was Maurice from the old Northern Exposure show.  He did old coot there quite well, too.  He always has this facial expression that reminds me of the old saying about Calvin Coolidge looking like someone who was weaned on a pickle.  I feel for him though, getting taken by the young dirtbag Hap.  I don't feel as sorry for Billy.  Kid couldn't organize a two car funeral.  He should have been kicking it up just for forcing Hap to overbid on that parcel.  Just like the California and Alaska gold rushes, the easiest money was made no in gold mining but in supplying the miners with all the needs of the trade and daily necessities.  Go back out to the highway and pick up those washing machines, for Pete's sake.

I do have to give props to the costume department for putting Hap in a non-traditional western hat, instead of the obligatory 10 gallon monster.  It looks good on him.  And the Sheriff in his hat, too. 

Somehow I think Carla has more than an inkling about Hap and Jules.  Maybe she's just waiting for her moment.

• Love 2

I liked the addition of the grandaughter.

I don't think Carla's blind, I think she totally knows where that necklace came from. 

Lacey was awesome, not easily manipulated from a boyfriend at all.

I used to think Lacey was just a whiny kid, but I'm starting to like her now. :-)

Hap's a slime, but he's so much smarter than everyone else that I can't help but like him.  That, and, Don Johnson. ;-)

• Love 2