Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: A Rock and a Hard Place Walk Into a Bar

I loved that joke. 

Personally, I am really loving the mix of storytelling and incorporation of the liveness and live audience of it all.  I know that might not be everyone's presence but it feels...well alive.  For instance, one of my favorite jokes of the night occurred when Candace was telling Danny that she did like him for him.  The audience kind of "awwed" for a bit and Chris (as Danny) turned to them and gave them a scathing glance.

Where it works a little less, I feel, is when it tries to engage those of us at home as they did with Shelly's "catch phrase."

Personally, I am really loving the mix of storytelling and incorporation of the liveness and live audience of it all.  I know that might not be everyone's presence but it feels...well alive.  For instance, one of my favorite jokes of the night occurred when Candace was telling Danny that she did like him for him.  The audience kind of "awwed" for a bit and Chris (as Danny) turned to them and gave them a scathing glance.

Shelley's bits at the start of the episode talking about the "security feed" and the shots at NBC were pretty good.  Even the bit about how the audience members should tell some friends was definitely about last week's so-so ratings.

Everything from "You weren't the star of 'Good Luck, Charlie,' the parents were" to "Take it to church!" with the studio audience had me laughing out loud, and I enjoyed the rest of the episode. I don't know how Bridgit Mendler kept a straight face.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 2

Shelley made me laugh frequently -- gotta love Ron Funches. And for good measure during his fight with Justin, Danny named his right leg 'Ron Funches' -- because it likes to get high.

Take it to Church!

• Love 2

I admit it -- I think I'm watching less for the story/plots and more because I love the interplay among the actors. 

Likewise.  Although "love" would not be the right word for me; more like, "along with looking for apparent deviations from the script, it's interesting to see what they're doing to take advantage of the fact that it's live".

That said, it's all about the ratings - if being live is increasing the number of viewers, I'm sure TPTB don't really care why they're tuning in.

Edited by Lone Wolf

I am LOVING the live aspect of this show and how much the cast and crew have come to embrace it. There really is nothing like it on TV right now--it's a shame it's on Fridays at 8 PM (like Shelley says).

They do a good job of breaking the 4th wall but still telling a story. 

I was dying when Danny was "crying." These guys are pros.