Type keyword(s) to search

Social Studies: Class in the Media

Short interview with Ness: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/08/doctor-who-spinoff-class-patrick-ness

“I want to show the world new stuff,” he says. “I want to have new things that maybe we haven’t seen before. That’s my goal. That’s what I’m aiming for — shock you with something new. Something like the Weeping Angels, which I think are great, are brand new. Steven Moffat invented them a couple seasons ago. There’s not going to be any weeping angels on , but I’m just saying that they’re something new to the universe that are just awesome, and I would like to do that.”

A bunch of Tweets from Patrick Ness on what to expect from Class: https://twitter.com/Patrick_Ness

So we're all on the same page about Class after yesterday's BBC America announcement...

Class

1) is set in Coal Hill School with aliens & terror & emotions & shit
2) will air on BBC3, then BBC1, with new ep then up on BBC3
3) will premiere on BBC3 & BBC1 this Autumn
4) and VERY soon thereafter on BBC America, who are co-producing...
5) is eight episodes long, written by yours truly (I'm working hard!)
6) executive produced by Brian Minchin, Steven Moffat & me...
7) a YA series but I'm aiming for what all the best YA does: stories for everyone and
8) something I'm very excited about!

Class aims for all that I love about YA: fearlessness of genre, fearlessness towards darkness, complex heroes & heroines and plots that move.

Other than all that, why spoil everything now? There's cool stuff a-coming...

• Love 1

“Time has looked at your faces now. And time never forgets…”

What if your planet was massacred and you were the sole survivor?

What if a legendary figure out of space and time found you a place to hide?

But what if the things that want to kill you have tracked you down?

And worst of all, what if you haven't studied for your A-Levels…?

So, it sounds like one of the main characters is an alien refugee?

(edited)

I think it's one of the students or Katherine Kelly's character.

Some cast pics ....

Katherine Kelly

tumblr_o53ybkZUaK1qf8sfoo1_500.png

Greg Austin

tumblr_o53yf9rZo21qf8sfoo2_500.png

Sophie Hopkins

tumblr_o53ybkZUaK1qf8sfoo3_500.png

Fady Elsayed

tumblr_o53yf9rZo21qf8sfoo3_500.png

Vivian Oparah

tumblr_o53ybkZUaK1qf8sfoo2_500.png

Edited by darkestboy

The way Patrick Ness talks about the show and in general on writing and on his Twitter, I have a feeling Class is going to pleasantly surprise people.

I just hope the BBC promote it decently and give it a better/consistent timeslot compared to Series 9 of Doctor Who.

I just hope the BBC promote it decently and give it a better/consistent timeslot compared to Series 9 of Doctor Who.

Numbers on this are going to be hard to judge as, being a BBC Three show, it'll be on iPlayer a week before it airs on TV.

The way Patrick Ness talks about the show and in general on writing and on his Twitter, I have a feeling Class is going to pleasantly surprise people.

Torchwood annoyed me, but if you go by The Sarah Jane Adventures, the bar is actually set quite high on spinoff series. Okay, we can ignore K9 & Company, right?  Hee.

Character names (via Girly Letters on Twitter) ....

Greg Austin - Charlie

Fady Elsayed - Ram

Sophie Hopkins - April

Vivian Oparah - Tanya

Katherine Kelly - Miss Quill

The last one was revealed via Katherine's Instagram page. The title for the first episode is called The Prom.

New cast photo .....

CtDRy12WYAANPB7.jpg

- The characters are Miss Quill (Katherine Kelly), a physics teacher with maybe an evil streak, the hapless leader and gay Charlie (Greg Austin), the passionate and caring Ram (Fady Elsayed), wise and mentally strong, April (Sophie Hopkins) and child prodigy Tanya (Vivian Oparah).
- The characters are charged by the Doctor to take care of a great responsibility against some alien creatures.
- Expect a gay sex scene in the third episode and also expect this show to be quite bloody in parts.
- The first two episodes will drop on BBC3 from October 22nd. They are titled For Tonight We Might Die and The Coach With The Dragon Tattoo.
- BBCAmerica however will not air the series until 2017 as they are pairing it with the tenth series of Doctor Who. Canada however plan to air it to coincide with UK transmission.
- Peter Capaldi will be appearing in the first episode as the Doctor.
- Other cast members include Jordan Renzo, Pooky Quesnel, Nigel Betts, Anna Schaffer, Paul Marc Davies and Shannon Murray.
- Lucky people can see the first episode from October 20th at Class World Premiere in Shoreditch, London.

Press release .... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5MzbR5LJXbTVKtTR5bn4VHQ/6-things-you-need-to-know-about-class

• Love 2
On 9/24/2016 at 9:24 AM, darkestboy said:

- Other cast members include Jordan Renzo, Pooky Quesnel, Nigel Betts, Anna Schaffer, Paul Marc Davies and Shannon Murray.

In the first episode they killed off

Spoiler

Anna Shaffer's character .

Edited by atomationage
spelling
3 hours ago, benteen said:

Big Finish is doing a Class audio series with the cast.

I do not consider myself a failure as a “Whovian.” I am an American, and we don’t have a rich history of audio plays that exist to today.