Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Boiling Point

Cranberry

The gang gets detention.

It's the obligatory Breakfast Club episode! I always enjoy these. I also find it amusing that teen shows keep doing them even though the majority of their viewers have probably never seen the movie.

(And yes, this episode does include a certain iconic song.)

Great episode! I thought this was the turning point of the season.

I don't mind Felix at all, he's not too bad. I want him with Lauren since I'm kinda over Theo, he can stay. Best part of the episode for me was the truth bomb Liam brought up, Karma would never consider a check to stay away from Amy no matter the price (we're slowly inching away from kiam and towards karmy). But Liam should've gave Karma a little something, the girl does live in a juice truck and I did have a bit of a problem with Amy bringing up the check.

Can't believe it took this long for Shane to understand outing people is bad.

One of my favorite episodes of the show, really enjoyed it. Can't freaking wait for next week!

Edited by beetlesoda
  • Love 2

Yeah, fantastic episode. Really engaging and fun and a lot of truth bombs got dropped. Also, Amy might have just made a mess for her mom and Lauren's dad given that her father is staying in Austin.

Also, i think Felix might have tried to kill himself in the past. He said that his dad doesn't like to leave him alone and that his heart was broken when his mom died - which could have been the event that triggered it.

Edited by tanita
  • Love 4

I'm growing fond of Felix. I didn't really think much of him in his first appearance but he's coming across as that quietly loyal friend and his drama seems to much more low key than everyone else's constant psycho drama which is a nice change of pace.

• Love 1

No idea, but I've seen that exact shirt in my local NewYorker shop all summer long. That and Minions themed ones were all the rage this summer. Don't know why to be honest.

Edited by tanita

Really enjoyed the episode.

Finally Shane had to face the consequences of his outing people. Glad that he admitted to outing Karma/Amy to stop Lauren from getting Homecoming Queen. Also glad that Duke just didn't forgive him.

Liked Felix. Really didn't want to since I don't like his character on Chasing Life but he invoked Voltron so I can't hate him.

Amy really does have a problem with lying. She just can't help it. Also she has a problem with lashing out because her just blurting out about the check without even talking to Karma is not cool.

Liam trying to push Shane to accept blame was good however, his whole anger about the check wasn't. He is probably right that karma wouldn't even think about staying away from Amy for any amount of money. But that is a relationship that has been a part of her life for over half her life. He and Karma haven't even known each other a full school year. Also getting uppity about Karma still holding on to anger about him and Amy would have been more effective if she hadn't just found out about it a few weeks before. Hell I think he and Amy kept the secret longer than Karma's known about it. Also he couldn't let her keep the check. He knows that her family is in need but keeping the check so he could do a artsy screw you to his dad was more important.

• Love 1

Liam trying to push Shane to accept blame was good however, his whole anger about the check wasn't. He is probably right that karma wouldn't even think about staying away from Amy for any amount of money. But that is a relationship that has been a part of her life for over half her life. He and Karma haven't even known each other a full school year. Also getting uppity about Karma still holding on to anger about him and Amy would have been more effective if she hadn't just found out about it a few weeks before. Hell I think he and Amy kept the secret longer than Karma's known about it. Also he couldn't let her keep the check. He knows that her family is in need but keeping the check so he could do a artsy screw you to his dad was more important.

That whole check thing was ridiculous, why pay so much to a highschool girl that isn't even pregnant with Liam's kid... I guess Karma really does make a terrible impression on people. As for Liam being angry, the art guy who he thought was his maybe daddy turned out to be another guy trying to use Liam to get what he wanted, maybe he's worried that not only is Karma using him for sex and social status but is now using him to get money. It's not that unreasonable to be angry after he sacrificed his summer and that art program for her and she doesn't even value their quasi relationship to tell him that his grandfather tried to buy her off after knowing about his family drama. Karma did only hook up with him in the beginning because he was hot and popular and lied to him to get into his pants... Their relationship is saturated with lies and weirdness.

Well with Liam and Karma it works both ways. He only went after her thinking she was a lesbian. Also he didn't sacrifice his art for Karma. Not really. Yes he had to agree to work at the company and say he was giving up art to get the charges dropped initially. However, he stayed because his father threatened to cut him off if he continued with his art. He had no problem walking away from that now so he could have done it before if his art meant that much to him.

• Love 1

Well with Liam and Karma it works both ways. He only went after her thinking she was a lesbian. Also he didn't sacrifice his art for Karma. Not really. Yes he had to agree to work at the company and say he was giving up art to get the charges dropped initially. However, he stayed because his father threatened to cut him off if he continued with his art. He had no problem walking away from that now so he could have done it before if his art meant that much to him.

He gave up his chance to join an exclusive prestigious summer arts programme so Karma's parents wouldn't suffer consequences to selling drugs to minors... I'm fairly sure Karma lied to him about being a lesbian and then said she was in an open relationship and did guys sometimes. It's not like he heard she was a lesbian and went straight after her. Karma lied then pursued him lying some more and involving Amy in a whole series of lies including a threesome that everyone felt weird and uncomfortable about.

When exactly did Liam's father say he would be cut off if he did art ? I don't remember that at all.

It's not like Liam could have enrolled in the art school a day after those charges were dropped. His grandfather could have taken that very badly and reneged on the deal and Karma's parents would have suffered the consequences. This way Liam has spent weeks/ months working at Schwerkel and his grandfather tried to buy off his non girlfriend for an obscene amount so he now can't trust his non girlfriend or his grandfather so he's relying on Shane to give him a place to stay and if Karma suffers consequences he probably no longer cares any more.

I really hope they end the whole Karma and Liam thing, they are toxic together and boring as hell.

• Love 1

Well actually he did literally started pursuing her because Shane thought Amy and Karma were lesbians. She didn't even know that Shane and Liam thought they were lesbians at the time when he first started talking to her. Hell the one girl in the pilot who was never seen again mentions that Liam was finding Karma attractive because he wanted to 'turn a lesbian straight'.

His father/grandfather mentions cutting him off in the same scene in the limo when they make the agreement. Also he has only been a the company for a few weeks at most 2 months since this half of the season started 2 weeks after the end of the first half. So now it is okay for her parents to suffer the consequences if his dad/gp wants to go back because he is hurt by Karma even though her parents have been nothing but good to him.

But I agree this needs to be end of Karma and Liam.

Also needing Theo and Lauren to end. There is too much wrong with it.

• Love 2

That was a really great episode. It follows my theory that any show can be improved by having all the characters just sit in a room and TALK. 

Leo and Lauren needs to end. He just sketches me out. Stop dating a high school girl you used and lied to!

Other than my dislike of Leo/Lauren, this was my favorite episode of the season. Lots of things got said, issues got hashed out, and some laughs were had. 

Plus, I love a good Breakfast Club homage. 

• Love 1

Really good Episode!! Probably one of the best of the series. I agree with Liam and Karma being toxic together and needing to end. Loving Amy and Lauren becoming closer. I look forward to the day Lauren tears into someone to defend Amy lol. And please end Kiam and move towards Karmy!! Also wanna add this episode had the best song choice I ever heard on the show with the Classic Song "Dont you(Forget about me)" I had thought this episode was an homage of sorts to The Breakfast Club

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 2