Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Saturday Fight Live

Cranberry

I'm sort pissed that Zita moved in for the kill so quickly. I would have much rather had them gradually realize that they had a much deeper relationship than they realized.

Oh, Shane! Of course you would turn into the short sighted petulant brat that you always turn into when you feel like you've been slighted. I hope Duke is a beast during his fight.

I like Amy and Lauren teaming up. And anything that brings Ed Quinn back to TV is fine with me.

• Love 1

Farrah definitely has a type. Amy's dad and Bruce do having a resemblemce.

Weird that some pretty big issues seemed to have been discussed between Karma and Liam off screen. She knew about his family situation and he knew about her financial issues. However, looks like they are still not in a good place. Hopefully this break up remains permanent.

Still liking Zita. The kiss at the end could be too soon. Just depends where they go from here.

Wonder what Karma was dreaming about at the beginning of the ep? She seemed pretty happy/ccontent but paniced when she realised that she was in bed with Amy.

As much as I like the bacon sweats but did Amy where the same outfit the whole day and night. She woke up wearing that same outfit and then was at the stakeout wearing it as well.

Glad Duke knows. As mentioned above it figures that Shane would out himself to Duke because he felt slighted.

I didn't like that Zita went in for the kill so quickly, either, but I did like that she waited until Liam had assured her that he and Karma weren't together. She was nice to Karma, too. It would have been easy for the writers to make her a manipulative asshole who rubbed her money in Karma's face and subtly insinuated that Karma wasn't good enough for Liam, but I didn't get that vibe from her. She seemed genuinely friendly and she didn't look down on Karma for not having money. She didn't know that Karma was blocked from the red carpet. She even initially tried to help Karma and Liam patch things up. I think she's a better match for Liam than Karma is anyway (he could use a girl who'll call him on his bullshit in a direct way instead of a passive-aggressive one), so I'm fine with this either way.

• Love 2

Always love a Lauren and Amy combo.

I don't like Zita. Yes, she was shoving her money in Karma's face but just in a subtle way. Say what you want about Liam, and it may have to do with his hatred for what his family did to him but he never flaunts his wealth around like that. Zita knew what she doing. She knew with all the certainty in the world that Liam did not share the 'Dad' story with Karma and flaunting wealth in someone's face who's in the most dire of situations would make them feel awkward.

Zita and Liam do mesh but, it won't last - at least not pass this season if they make it that far.

Also, the season has been leaked already so this probably doesn't happen this season. But, if Zita returns for season 3 I won't be surprised if she sleeps with Liam's grandfather. I just get a vibe from her that dong something like that is not out of the realm of possibilities. Plus, with Carter's issues with age difference on the show its not impossible.

Still have hope for Shane and Duke. I wish Shane did not let the truth slip right before the fight, sh*t like that can mess with your head, but I'm happy that he heard it from Shane and not some other way.

Most important scene of the episode:  Karma's reaction when she realized where she was in the morning. I doubt the smile represented a dream about Liam, when we already know that they spent the whole week Amy. It's also weird that Amy did not pick up the crazy vibe Karma was giving off.

Edited by Milks26
  • Love 1

I knew that Shane outing Duke was going to come back and blow up in his face, but I had no idea he would be the one to do it. Damn, Duke is going to wail like hell on that guy he`s fighting. Oh Shane. 

That first scene was...interesting. What was that, Karma? Awful cuddly, huh? 

I love Amy and Lauren working together. They even admitted they don't hate being sisters! Thats a big step! 

• Love 2

Yeah, so private jets or not, Austin is still a good 3.5 hour flight from Los Angeles...I'll suspend belief that the 3 Musketeers were able to get to not only get to the fight, but the weigh-in on time...I cannot however, overlook Karma leaving AT NIGHT in Los Angeles to go back to Texas which is already 2 hours ahead, and have a limo waiting for her at her home upon arrival. Was Grandpa Booker just going to wait indefinitely in front of Karma's house before she showed up...and did he check to see if she might have already been there to begin with? Gah!

Zita knew what she doing.

Yeah you know, much of it could be projection, as one of my exes had a girl-friend who was always being "a girl's girl," but never letting anyone forget about how much richer and more sophisticated she was -- in the same subtle ways as Zita. Where you feel like maybe you're just being jealous or catty, because it's super subtle and manipulative. Much as I think Karma needs to shit or get off the pot for right now, I had a lot of empathy for her in this situation. 

Don't get me wrong, I dig the actress a lot and I like that Zita's charming and not one note. Looks- and personality-wise, she reminds me a ton of Lila from "Dexter," and I lovvved Lila. I just prefer characters like that on my TV screen, moreso than in my living room! Well technically, my TV screen is IN my living room, but you know what I mean :-D

Edited by Judi Sunshine

I have never been around people wealthy enough to have a private jet, so I admit I'm not schooled in their ways. But I thought Zita did a good job of not giving off a competitive vibe, and I took her friendliness at face value. I've been lucky enough to have friends include me in things I couldn't afford, without it turning into some kind of power play, so that's my bias. But I will take other people's word for it that it's a thing people do, to act generous and friendly to flaunt their privilege. I'm just glad I haven't had that kind of crap pulled on me.

Given my bias, I took Karma's breakdown to be analogous to Shane's, i.e. they felt insecure and acted out, when actually their partners were loyal and committed. I do think there's some truth to the reality of high schoolers having a tendency to be volatile and impulsive and not always super-realistic in their perspective on things.

I thought Amy's mom was going to be going to a rendez-vous with her actual husband, i.e. they were having extravagant meetings outside the house so as not to scandalize their daughters with their noisy rambunctious sex life. I was disappointed to find out that it was in fact an affair. But I also think it would be great if there was a twist, like hubby is also having an affair-- but it's not an affair in either case because they have an open marriage. It would make sense for people who have had multiple failed monogamous arrangements to decide to try something that suits them both, but since they also have a conservative social image to preserve, they would not tell their children what is going on. After all, who is stupid enough to leave a hotel key card in the laundry to be so easily found, if they are actually trying to preserve a secret?

I was coveting Lauren's braid this episode. I never noticed her hair before, and wonder if it was always that luxurious and thick.

First episode in a while that hasn't made me angry. I find it hard to watch some of the gloopy romantic stuff (Lauren and "Theo") and painful to see some of the more teenish behaviors (Shane going nuts and not even waiting until after the fight to deal with it, Karma's insecurity). But I don't think those things are unrealistic, either. And I always like Amy-Lauren collaboration.

• Love 1

I'm finding Shane harder to take when he's by himself. When he's with others his vindictiveness and short sightedness is sort of amusing but when he's left by himself he tends to out people's secrets, sometimes including his own. Dude needs to learn to keep his mouth shut once in a while.