Type keyword(s) to search

What New Girl Replacement For Zooey Deschanel Would Be Less Jarring Than Megan Fox?

Primetimer

I agree; this is a really weird choice, and I'm not just saying that because I don't like Megan Fox. But I will probably see it through, based on my love for all of the male characters.

Also, "It's insane to me that such a gorgeous person can be so funny" is totally bogus. I can't believe a female show runner said that. Deschanel is gorgeous and funny. You should know this--she's the lead in your own f-ing your show. Tiny Fey is one of the funniest people, male or female, in the business right now, and she is gorgeous. What a stupid, stupid thing to say, Meriwether.

• Love 2

Since I will be boycotting the sourpuss Fox episodes I would have preferred the 3 raspberries in a Mason jar.It's a shame because I really enjoy New Girl,but I can't in good conscience watch anything with Megan Fox.

I used to hate Zooey Deschanel because she was always played the snotty, bratty character in her movies i.e. Almost Famous, Elf, 500 Days of Summer, Failure to Launch. New Girl was the first time she played a likeable character. Who knows - maybe New Girl will do the same for Megan Fox.

I'm pretty meh on the casting choice. I've never been a big Megan Fox fan, who has the charisma and range of a throw pillow, but I'm willing for the show to try to mix things up. If they do a run of epsiodes that don't highlight on all three guys trying to sleep with her (as I think the show is above that) I'll actually be impressed.

Now, the bigger issue at hand. As Denay says. What is up with Meriwether's quote? As a showrunner on show with a positive feminist bent, why the hell is she bringing Megan's looks into this at all. I'd expect those words to come out of Chuck Lorre's mouth, and I think he'd be rightfully vilified for it. I'm amazed that quote was included in the Jezebel article and they haven't jumped all over it.

• Love 2

I am NOT a New Girl viewer. I may actually tune in now just to see either how spectacularly wrong (or unexpectedly right) this goes.

One minor prop I can give Megan Fox is that I always got a strong vibe of potential sarcastic snarkiness hidden in there. She acted like wood, but always seemed better on press tour interviews and such. In a way, if she somehow does well I think I will laugh a bit at how the outrage at her "daring" to sub on a beloved show pans out. That said, I'm betting the outrage will reach a fever pitch and how well she actually does may not matter in the least.

I used to hate Zooey Deschanel because she was always played the snotty, bratty character in her movies i.e. Almost Famous, Elf, 500 Days of Summer, Failure to Launch. New Girl was the first time she played a likeable character. Who knows - maybe New Girl will do the same for Megan Fox.

You thought she was snotty and bratty in Elf? Hmm... Different strokes, I guess.

I guess I'm in the minority because I'm a Megan Fox fan, and I'm really looking forward to her stint on the show. I enjoyed her work in Jennifer's Body and This Is 40, and I think the humor of the show is the perfect pocket for Megan to sit in. I like her because she stays in her lane, never really puts on airs -- she's not the best actress, but she's never behaved in a way to suggest that she believes so. I'm endeared by her because I think a lot of people have a certain image/expectation of her based on her looks, and I always find that she's the exact opposite of what people assume. Hopefully this will be a good showcase for her.