Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E33: Slumber Party!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I watched while cleaning house and it was dreadful - simply dreadful.  I think even that was giving it too much attention.

I did pretty much the same thing, I only caught half of the episode, from a distance.  The only thing worthy I got out of it was Mackenzie admitting that she quit dance for one day to play soccer.  She either just got her jersey, or was just about to, but her dance friends were mad at her and convinced her (guilt-tripped, more likely) into coming back.  Good to know she has/had other interests outside of a dance studio.

Watched about 10 minutes and turned it off.

Surprised that you could stomach even that much.  It's a pretty good indication that:

1.  Outside of the drama and nonsense of the DM show itself these kids are just not very interesting.

2. It does serve to puncture these insane delusions of "stardom" harbored by DM's second rate show biz mothers.  With rare exceptions, if any, it ain't gonna happen.  If these kids truly want to be dancers, they need to focus on hard core training and understand that the goal is to be a working professional dancer.  That can mean so many things in so many venues, from Broadway to Vegas to touring with a superstar singer to cruise ship shows or anything in between.  Right now, the only one who has a remote shot at being a working dancer is Kalani but not if she continues on this insanity.

I'm not a fan of Maddie in general, so this may be coloring my opinion, but she was very wooden during her intros. Sure, she smiled perfectly, but her tone was one step up from robotic.

So glad to hear the girls are over Beiber! I remember when Mackenzie was all dreamy eyes for him and I would just whine "Nooooo!" I will accept Jojo's "Old Justin" sign.