Type keyword(s) to search

Lincoln: LINCOLN SMASH (tm Sobell)

I have never seen a single episode of Prison Break. I am going to watch the revival solely for Dominic Purcell, based on seeing him in Legends of Tomorrow. I haven't had a TV crush like this since high school!

• Love 1

My husband used to watch John Doe, and he liked it a lot. I never watched Prison Break before (although I'll watch the new one), but when I realized that Mick in Legends was the same actor as John Doe, I couldn't believe it at first. That's how different the two versions of DP are. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1

I've never seen Dominic Purcell in anything else, but in brushing up on my Prison Break history to prepare for tomorrow, I just discovered that he was born in England and raised in Australia.  I wrongly assumed that he is American, because he sounds American in Prison Break.  Does he have a British or Australian accent in real life?

33 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I've never seen Dominic Purcell in anything else, but in brushing up on my Prison Break history to prepare for tomorrow, I just discovered that he was born in England and raised in Australia.  I wrongly assumed that he is American, because he sounds American in Prison Break.  Does he have a British or Australian accent in real life?

It sounds like a mix of both.  If you watch him in interviews, you can hear that he's not American.

(edited)
5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Does he have a British or Australian accent in real life?

It's mixed Australian/American. I would have said Australian before, but he's been the States for a while now, and most of his roles are American so I think it's rubbed off on his speech.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

What I can't get over is how soft-spoken he actually is. It's a wonder he hasn't sawed off his vocal cords with the raw voices he usually does. From the little I've seen, Mick Rory's voice is even lower and gruffer than Lincoln's.

• Love 1