Type keyword(s) to search

Paranormal Witness - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That Suzy doll was god awful scary. The face was papermache ish (sp?) and it was horrific. The aunt made it IIRC. I"d have chucked it too.  I'm scared of dolls and clowns, so there's that. Then the kid was staring at the TV a la that 80's movie, "They're baaaaaa-ccccckkk"

I know losing hair is traumatic, but did I hear an ambulance? HOw do you get that much hair yanked out without waking up? (didn't look like it was cut out)

Of all the things in a kitchen, when you think you have an intruder, you grab a rolling pin?

There were many creepy things, but the marbles and the rocking chair were the creepiest for me.

If I found the creepy doll on the toilet, with underwear down (and no evidence that it wasn't some practical joke), it would be a bonfire/wienie roast material in no time.

I don't know if the spirit was attracted to the fabric in the doll's attire (maybe it was old), the young girls living in the home (poltergeist as latent psychokinetic ability).

I have a nice, heavy rolling pin in my stove's broiler. It would do the job nicely. I also have a hammer stashed there too.

The doll wasn't pretty. The fixed eyes were creeping me out.

• Love 2

Bilgistic, *snort* heh I just read this that the poltergeist left the photos . I know what you mean. :) Love your screen name btw! I almost named myself, "Schmenckmans. " But I'll take further no eppy comments back to small talk.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

I have some doubts about the dark cloud rolling down the street but overall I think this was the best episode of the season.

It did seem a little cliche. And also, wouldn't you mention it to the neighbors? As in, "Hey Bob, did you hear the hounds of hell calling the other night, followed by a cloud from hell moving down the street? No? Maybe it was just the garbage truck."

Full disclosure though, I did get up and close the window after that part, lol.

In terms of possessed items, The Dybbuck Box episode is my favorite.

• Love 7

I probably would have phrased the hounds from Hell or the dark rolling in as asking about any weird power issues or noises. The neighbours may not have been home, and people just don't care and don't really notice anything unless it affects *them*. Maybe a street light flickered out for a couple of minutes - as they do when they are burning out.

Tonight's ep was a bit creepy. I did feel that Deborah kept Poppy around - she seemed to want his approval. He did seem a bit controlling from the get-go and had no real business in his granddaughter's life or her life/career/boyfriend choices. I'm surprised that the burned house was not bulldozed and the land cleared. I don't know why folks always turn to a priest and that the priest believes far too quickly and readily and there is no investigation. I believe you and here is a Bible and some Holy water. Sprinkle it and say a few prayers. Yeah, that works every time - with a lot of repeats. Smudging can also clear out some energies. I didn't see when this occurred and it seemed like around 20 or so years ago.

• Love 1

It was 1983 to 1994, IIRC. The one sister's hair was still in 1983. I rocked that crispy bangs look back then, too. Not in the last 25 years, though.

This one also didn't do much for me. I was feeling like the entity was more inhuman or demonic, taking the familiar form of the father to trick the daughters into "letting him in". From my limited understanding, it's incredibly rare to have 1) a corporeal haunting, i.e., a physical form manifesting, and 2) a harmful haunting. Yet, we are being shown these types of things each week.

The dream about being chased into the cornfield and grabbed by the ankle felt like the family background had some sexual abuse issues, not necessarily by the grandfather but by someone.  If he was unreasonable about allowing even the most respectful young men to date her,  then that may have been subliminally a desire to control her sexually as well.

• Love 4

It was 1983 to 1994, IIRC. The one sister's hair was still in 1983. I rocked that crispy bangs look back then, too. Not in the last 25 years, though.

This one also didn't do much for me. I was feeling like the entity was more inhuman or demonic, taking the familiar form of the father to trick the daughters into "letting him in". From my limited understanding, it's incredibly rare to have 1) a corporeal haunting, i.e., a physical form manifesting, and 2) a harmful haunting. Yet, we are being shown these types of things each week.

I have forgotten my 1983 hair. Thankfully so.

Many run of the mill hauntings are like a Groundhog Day hologram type where it seems to be a stuck moment in energy/time.

There would be spirits that would seek to take the form of someone familiar. Some of the 'haunting' may have been the young girls' projections, some abuse in the family that was subconsciously buried and took the form of the spirit. Overly sheltered girls, a disapproving and controlling male figure in their lives.

A kindly ghost who makes tea and puts out the slippers each evening wouldn't attract many viewers.

Anyone else think Poppy's relationship with his grand daughter Deb was just a bit too creepy? Or was I the only one?

Also the scene where the man starts chasing Deb freaked the shit out of me. I remember being really engaged but thinking to myself, this has to be a dream sequence. Oh PW, you old dog you!! Trickery!

• Love 4

Anyone else think Poppy's relationship with his grand daughter Deb was just a bit too creepy? Or was I the only one?

Also the scene where the man starts chasing Deb freaked the shit out of me. I remember being really engaged but thinking to myself, this has to be a dream sequence. Oh PW, you old dog you!! Trickery!

Uh, super creepy. Five minutes in, before he's even dead I seriously disliked Poppy. So creepy when father figures try to control their daughter's sexuality. It's basically sexual harassment. Also, picking her as a favorite and giving her special gifts like the car, is how predators groom kids. And then guilt tripping her on his death bed after she left to build a perfectly normal adult life? Ugh, f@ck that guy!

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 5

Right?! Gramps seemed like a total piece of shit. I found it interesting that he was still "running boys off" as a ghost. I almost wonder if the haunting was PK energy given off by Deb due to the conflict and sexual abuse she suffered (yet repressed) from Poppy. 

Edited by msbeesknees
  • Love 3

hi ari! a tulpa is a ghost/monster/what have you, that is brought about by a concentration of thoughts. uhm, like on supernatural (yes i am a fangirl) a tulpa was created because someone made a website about a made up monster called the slenderman but so many people thought it was real that it BECAME real and began killing people. LOL, anyway that's the best way i can describe a tupla. anyone else want to chime in?

• Love 1

The scariest thing about this episode was that the numbnut parents kept a loaded gun in a dresser drawer. The kid was running off out of sight to the haunted pond every time they turned around. What was stopping her from dragging a chair over to the bureau, standing on the chair on getting the gun out of the top drawer?

I want the first season show back. This season is Lifetime-network-during-the-day quality, and I'm not home sick from work.

• Love 3

I understand having a weapon handy if you are living in the country. Coyotes, poachers, folks looking to rob folks who live in isolated areas. With a young child in the home, it's too easy for the child to get a hold of the gun if it is readily available and loaded! The empty gun can be in the drawer, but the bullets should have  been locked up elsewhere, with the keys hidden.

The story itself seemed recent. The girl met the husband online. Was the home his initially? Did he buy it before he met her? Surely, if he lived near the home for a bit, he would have been aware of some of the history. Perhaps he was part of the group of teens in the newspaper story.

My Spockbrow raised with curiosity and slightly rolled with them calling the priest, who brought the lady who "saw" spirits. Might be more helpful if she didn't offer her opinion that they should keep the girl away from the pond and they should leave/move. Instead, figure out what is going on - just that she sensed the evil energy. With the 'haunting' being recent, the Snyders had access to a wealth of online and other resources. There are a lot of paranormal messageboards and forums on the Internet. No problem finding someone who can chat with them or refer them to someone who can look in to what is going on.  Many people are interested in hauntings would love to do an investigation - check out the pond, do an EVP, etc. Radio shows like Coast to Coast, larger messageboards like the David Icke boards, Above Topsecret, TalkParanormal, etc. Countless others. Many genuine metaphysical practitioners are around who can offer assistance - not the end of the pier fortuneteller or some semi-medium who is friends with a priest.

The child would be more open to energies. Why her, though.

I also wanted to see pics of the floorboards having been ripped out. Documented evidence.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 3

Yeah, I also was wondering the whole time why they never went to the library or town recordkeeper. The wife finally said 55 minutes through (I'm exaggerating a bit), "I looked online for stories about the pond." Um, the internet was alive and well in 2006 when she moved into the house because she met her husband...on the internet. So, he had to have had internet in the house next to the haunted pond.

I don't necessarily disbelieve these people, but the way these stories are told just makes it tough to not be skeptical. This season has no concrete evidence, so I may as well be hearing a ghost story told 'round the campfire.

My take on some points in this episode:

-The candy--the kid could've gotten it or the mom thought she put it out but forgot. Not even worth mentioning, frankly. And this show needs to quit with the fakeouts of showing stuff that didn't happen. The candy wasn't really in the pond. Water didn't actually get sucked out from under the door. Just stop.

-Car alarms going off--earthquake or animals.

-The floorboards in the bathroom--earthquake.

-Very often, when they saw or heard something, it was during sleep--dreaming or sleep paralysis.

-Lawn mower losing control--motorized vehicles fail.

-Their kid was just a kid. Plenty of kids have imaginary friends, talk to themselves, have wildly imaginative inner lives. It doesn't necessarily mean they are seeing the Swamp Thing.

I completely agree with the notion that the medium was bogus. What's with the sudden run on priests with sidekick mediums?

Edited by bilgistic

Jason's reenactor looked exactly like him!

Does Holy Water dry quickly? Everyone is always sprinkling it everywhere but no one ever cleans it up. I can just imagine walking around with a roll of paper towels mopping it up.

Scariest moment: The shot of the boy standing on the water with his head tilted. No thanks.

Funniest moment: Runaway lawnmower. He needed to tuck and roll off that thing a lot sooner, especially if he thought it was for a paranormal reason.

edited because it's runaway lawnmower not runway lawnmower. But runway lawnmower would make me laugh too.

Edited by Iboatedhere
  • Love 3

I approach the show with an open mind. I do believe in the para or subnormal. But I also have common sense. I like to see some evidence and eliminate normal stuff. It is so easy to fall asleep on the couch, roll over on to your remote, have it blast a couple lines for what is on the television. OMG I am being haunted! And feeling silly ten minutes later. There are genuine weird events but there are also a lot of scammers around, looking to shop an interesting story to Hollywood. Or to get on TV.

I wondered why that not much seemed to happen with the pond til the daughter was born. The mom felt a chill around it when she first moved to the home but that was it. It seemed pristine and I didn't notice any marshy type environment or any cattails, like the natural ponds around here.

Kids do have imaginary friends. The girl seemed young enough to have one. No neighbours close by either.

The sensitive/medium should have been able to offer more than there is a dark energy and I think you should move sooner than later. Granted, these days, I do not know what some Christian denominations feel about folks with psychic abilities. It takes a great deal of discipline and work to remain objective in those abilities. Perhaps she only had limited abilities and that she was the only psychic in town. I too have noticed the run on psychic sidekicks this season.

The runaway mower was funny. The dad may have felt if he jumped off too soon, it would have mowed him!

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 1

hi ari! a tulpa is a ghost/monster/what have you, that is brought about by a concentration of thoughts. uhm, like on supernatural (yes i am a fangirl) a tulpa was created because someone made a website about a made up monster called the slenderman but so many people thought it was real that it BECAME real and began killing people. LOL, anyway that's the best way i can describe a tupla. anyone else want to chime in?

Hey BEES! Where YOU been? (said in my best Joey from Friends voice)

I have never heard of this concept. INTERESTING! Is there any reliable story to go along with it that u know of (or can point me to, to watch it)? It sounds kind of out there, but I am open minded. :)  I will start the idea ball rolling with....thoughts have a kind of energy (synapses firing) and we are energetic beings.. and I'll see myself over to small talk thread. :)

I heard ducks at the haunted pond. Aren't animals supposed to run from that stuff?

Having a small child and a deep pond is like having an unfenced swimming pool. Yikes. Plus, to me the pond looked like a small lake. I think of a pond as super small and shallow....still a danger to a small kid though.

I was also unclear about when the weird stuff started. Was it after the child was 4 -ish?

Edited by ari333

The "Kill me" was unnerving too. I get that kids say weird things all the time (there are Buzzfeed articles about the creepiest things kids have said-I've read them all) but it would freak me out. Especially if it was on top of all the other weird stuff.

• Love 1

Hey BEES! Where YOU been? (said in my best Joey from Friends voice)

I've been hanging out over at "my haunted house" and wondering where the hell all the ghost nerds had gotten to! Glad I found you scamps. 

So this episode... Nearly everything was explainable up until mom Snyder actually says she saw a full body apparition. Also the haunting seems to revolve around Lilly who honestly, I assumed was on the spectrum by how her actor portrayed her and how her mother described her. Her far away stares, trances and flat affect all led me to lean that way, which could explain the "ghosts" interest in her. Ghosts love special needs kids or so I've been told. Nonetheless, I would have given her a shrewish shit-scold the first time she went near that pond. Fuck ponds.

I found all the characters insufferable this episode, more so than usual.

Also anyone else notice how, "she disappears from my site" became a lot more dramatic once the PW producers got a hold of the scene, levitating a zombie-like Lilly and flying her outside the door only to land face first in the grass. The sensationalism can often be over the top with this show. But whatevs. Monkeys and their monkey business. 

Edited by msbeesknees

I will be admonished to the small talk thread and rightly so;;;; but I wanted to make sure Bees and others see this.

Is there a cool podcast of spooky stories and paranormal whatnots that I can get to easily and enjoy free? TIA fellow ghost nerds! :) 

Any  good suggestions welcomed!

It did seem a little cliche. And also, wouldn't you mention it to the neighbors? As in, "Hey Bob, did you hear the hounds of hell calling the other night, followed by a cloud from hell moving down the street? No? Maybe it was just the garbage truck."

Full disclosure though, I did get up and close the window after that part, lol.

In terms of possessed items, The Dybbuck Box episode is my favorite.

When I read the episode description I was thinking it was going to be one of those life size Barbie dolls that I had as a kid. Not something that looked like it was forged by Satan himself.

Bwaaahhh!!  You 2 owe me a new laptop (after laughing while drinking my coffee!)   That thing was like the doll version of Phoebe's "Gladys" artwork on Friends.

Seriously though, WHO in their right mind would give a doll that looked so terrifying to a young child? 

Seriously though, WHO in their right mind would give a doll that looked so terrifying to a young child?

Guilt and family go hand in hand. The aunt made the doll. I most likely would have stuffed it in the closet or basement and only brought it out when the sister came to visit. That would be, of course, before the dolly had a rather unfortunate incident in the washing machine or accidentally tossed in to the fireplace whilst housecleaning. Edited by Frozendiva

I missed a few minutes of the episode, including what sort of condition the lady had and the medication she took. I wondered if some of what happened was some sort of side effect. Maybe I'll catch it on Space's re-run this weekend. Why the woman?

I did like the use of the original voice recording - like an EVP session. I wondered why the husband didn't take photos of the scratched back and photos of the floor that showed the Satanic symbols.

I did wonder if all ministers/priests receive some exorcism training. From the ep featuring the Catholic exorcist, it appeared that only a few priests went to Rome to learn that skill and that exorcisms sometimes took a few tries. I wanted to know why the family didn't contact the realtor to get in touch with the previous owners to see if anything had happened before the 'foreclosure'/look in to the home's history. Surely there was a public library in the area or the town or city's records area/tax roll.

Instead of abandoning the home, was there the option of renovating it or bulldozing it/burning it to get rid of the residual energy there?

Awwww yesssss. Original recordings! It wasn't as clear as "The married one" from the Foxhollow Farm ep but was still good. Pop those pills, girl!

Are all ministers/priests/clergy men on this show liars. They all sprinkle holy water, say a few blessings, then clap their hands together. declare the demon gone and take off. But the demon is never gone. It's just hiding in the closet or in a person.

I didn't get really freaked out until the wife was sitting in the chair (why they didn't sit her on the front porch instead I'll never know) and the husband went to check on her and she suddenly looked up at him. I had to look away.

I would think renovating the house would make the problems worse. Usually when people change things that's when hauntings start. That might just be for ghosts though. Demons might have their own issues.

• Love 1

yes!! realghoststoriesonline.com

its a husband and wife team that do daily (except fri, sat, sun) podcasts. if you become an EPP for $5a month you get an extra show on saturdays. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/real-ghost-stories-online/id880791662?mt=2

Thanks! I asked this in small talk too so as not to derail the thread. I wonder if I can listen to back eppys too? And thanks again! Any more ideas are welcomed bc I know I will binge listen and blow through these hehehehe

This PW eppy said that Louisiana is the most haunted state. I didn't know that. I worked in Alexandria in the Bentley Hotel for a couple of months playing in the band back in the day and we stayed in rooms at the hotel. I was creeped out many times, but no one who worked there told me it was haunted. I found out years later while watching one of theses shows. And I was all ("was all" as the kids say) --- I KNEW IT!

She could have had tachycardia which would be an issue for getting shocked or scared (imo)... or bradycardia. IDK. They were very vague about it though. As far as I know, neither require "lots" of medicine as she stated if I heard her right.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

Grandma on the little ladder with the balloon scared me. I was on an 8 inch step stool in our guest room changing a light bulb in the former condo (that we left) and felt pushed. We called that room the devil room; then we moved :) no really. It was good for the wife that grandma heard stuff too so wife wasn't the only one. Being the only one always blows.

• Love 2

I did wonder if all ministers/priests receive some exorcism training.

only Catholic priests are trained at the Vatican to exorcise demons and they take that shit very seriously. its only been in the last few centuries that evangelical/fundamentalist religions have taken to their own kind of "deliverance" that works, as the delivered would say, just as effectively. Me personally? I'd only go to a Catholic. They don't fuck around. THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!

these hayseeds had a minister deliver her. although the "props" used where indeed Catholic (perhaps Lutheran even?). speaking of exorcisms did anyone catch "i was possessed" earlier this year? it was 6 episodes i think? verrrrrry bizarre.

A sufficiently creepy episode.

I would have liked to have seen some photo footage - the mud in the tub (which really could have been a plumbing/sewage/septic tank issue), and the bare Christmas tree.

The events were fairly recent at 2010. Internet access, check. The family looking at every reasonable and explainable solution to what was going on in the house. Not finding the ubiquitous priest. With Internet access, there are messageboards/forums out there that have members who may be able to help out.

I wondered why the lady at the aboriginal shop didn't refer the family to one of the native Elders for his assistance. I doubted that a simple smudging would have removed the spirits. At least not the first time.

I also liked the closing story that the next tenants also vacated the property.

• Love 1

The smoke that the dad was smelling could have just been coming out of the walls. On Ghost Hunters they debunk this one all the time. The walls leading to the cellar looked like they were made out of wood so smoke from years ago can get into the grain and seep out.

I can't explain seeing the boy (which was really creepy- they always do a good job with makeup/CGI on this show) and the bare Christmas tree.

Next week is the episode with the girl with the creepy face we've been seeing on all the promos. I'm excited and already freaked out!

An ozone machine should get rid of some of the smoke smell. But it probably would eventually seep in to the wood in the walls. Curry smell is also tough to ditch - usually painting the walls, replacing the carpets, etc.

I would appreciated a talented Christmas tree around the holiday season. Put itself up, take itself down. 

I didn't have an explanation for that unless someone was sleepwalking and inadvertently took it down.

• Love 1

If the smoke smell is from previous smokers and just seeped into the walls, why isn't it noticed  all the time? I mean, why would it come and go?

Drafts can move doors that are already partially open/ajar, but if they are all the way shut? Hhmmmm.. 

Also, if standing outside a house  looking up at a window,  blinds that get a little bent from use can sort of look like someone is peeping out from inside. But the blinds snapping back like that... yikes. unless that was just the production effects. Plus if the blinds are in the open-ish position, why would anyone or any entity need to pinch the blinds open to peep out? Yes, I wonder these things.

Also, what is up with the 2 am 3 am thing that recurs in these stories? Is there a significance to those times? IS it like happy hour for entities? [/snerk]

I"ll go to small talk for further ranting, but in this eppy with the bed moving.... we had that happen in our former condo. It was not a shaking - for sure not a lifting -  more like a vibrating. (insert joke here) :)

It was subtle but definitely there. We chalked it up (and tried to rationalize as we do) to large trucks driving by which was kind of absurd considering the location of the condo and the tiny road leading to it. No heavy trucks used that road. In fact there were signs to that effect.  "No trucks"

Anyway, creepy eppy.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

The smoke may be there all the time. Fragrances, cooking/food smells, and other normal odours may mask it. Air pockets, crosswinds in the home, etc. Maybe someone was hiding out by a window that was open.

The 1-4 am time is the witching hour period. It's quiet at that time of day.  I have experienced waking up at a weird time during the night and it went on for quite some time.

Was your condo building 'settling'?

Maybe it was haunted!

My condo/half duplex used to vibrate at times. No paranormal reason - just the idiot motorcycle guy a couple of units over who liked to rev up his modified Harley. Add in his 12 other biker buddies and most of the units near his would actually vibrate due to the noise from the bikes. So, the house would vibrate at 6 pm or 2 am or whenever. 

• Love 1

The condos were apts converted to condos built in the 70s so IDK if there were settling (?)

Also, wouldn't we hear the cycles rev? Those bikes seem loud whenever I have heard them anywhere.  Good thoughts and suggestions.

I also chalked up some weird stuff to bad electrical wiring . That is what we told ourselves. :) 

The girl in this eppy was woken up at 2:45 am. Why is 1 to 4 the witching hour? All is quiet and dark? TIA

House settling is common and most do settle a bit over their lifespan. A crack in the foundation caused by the soil, how the house was graded/built, possible tree roots. My home is around 11-12 years old. The neighbour's already has about an inch gap from their garage to their parking pad. You'll hear some creaking and maybe a bit of moving. Folks also do renos and add a lot of weight to the house, which shifts it a bit.

The hounds of Hell could hear the bikes. The dude would rev it up multiple times - he liked joyriding at 4 am. It's quiet in the city, the roads are quiet. Fun for him. I could hear him when he was 5-6 blocks away. He'd wake up half the neighbourhood and set off multiple car alarms.

Your condo was an older building. Different building codes back then, different materials. Could have been wiring and your amp service. Homes today have 100 amp power boxes so you can run more stuff on the same breaker. Older homes had varying power - like 50 amp service.

If nothing bad happened to you in that home, consider yourself lucky! No broken dishes on the floor, knives in the walls, creepy dolls, things moved.

It's quiet for most folks during that time. Less electromagnetic activity, people have been sleeping for a couple of hours, etc.

No one mentioned if the girl drank a lot of pop/soda before going to bed. That'll wake you up, along with coffee or other stimulants. Stress too. She could have a biphasic sleep pattern. Something in her room may have made a noise at that time each night - totally innocuous - like the furnace kicking in. Maybe her mother's bedside machine made a sound each night.

Certain things contributed to my experiencing the triad sleep pattern for quite a while. I'd barely get by on sleep most nights and feel exhausted a lot of days. It's become the new normal for me.

• Love 1

House settling is common and most do settle a bit over their lifespan. A crack in the foundation caused by the soil, how the house was graded/built, possible tree roots. My home is around 11-12 years old. The neighbour's already has about an inch gap from their garage to their parking pad. You'll hear some creaking and maybe a bit of moving. Folks also do renos and add a lot of weight to the house, which shifts it a bit.

The hounds of Hell could hear the bikes. The dude would rev it up multiple times - he liked joyriding at 4 am. It's quiet in the city, the roads are quiet. Fun for him. I could hear him when he was 5-6 blocks away. He'd wake up half the neighbourhood and set off multiple car alarms.

Your condo was an older building. Different building codes back then, different materials. Could have been wiring and your amp service. Homes today have 100 amp power boxes so you can run more stuff on the same breaker. Older homes had varying power - like 50 amp service.

If nothing bad happened to you in that home, consider yourself lucky! No broken dishes on the floor, knives in the walls, creepy dolls, things moved.

It's quiet for most folks during that time. Less electromagnetic activity, people have been sleeping for a couple of hours, etc.

No one mentioned if the girl drank a lot of pop/soda before going to bed. That'll wake you up, along with coffee or other stimulants. Stress too. She could have a biphasic sleep pattern. Something in her room may have made a noise at that time each night - totally innocuous - like the furnace kicking in. Maybe her mother's bedside machine made a sound each night.

Certain things contributed to my experiencing the triad sleep pattern for quite a while. I'd barely get by on sleep most nights and feel exhausted a lot of days. It's become the new normal for me.

Yes, very interesting on all points.

What is a triad sleep pattern?

I agree that CPAP machine in this eppy could have been noisy or the heat/air kicking in and waking the daughter up at that time. 

I guess I'll go to small talk to rant further. :)

The girl waking up every night reminded me of Kyoto Song by The Cure (nightmare of you, death in the pool, wakes me up a quarter to three)... Anyhoo, I thought this one was pretty good. I agree that the bed moving could have been a furnace turning on, cars going by etc...  However, seeing the man and the boy is something else altogether. If you think of hauntings as a type of infestation ranging from ladybugs (which I've had an infestation of and they still managed to stay cute) to sewer rats, this one was somewhere in the middle, like raccoons or maybe bats. The demon/ negative energy ones seem like the sewer rats of the spirit world. The episodes where they find out the ghost's name are usually the ones where the people feel like they can live with it, which is interesting to me. I wish that they had gone to a tribal elder to find out more information and maybe get a blessing like Frozendiva mentioned.

Yes, very interesting on all points.

What is a triad sleep pattern?

I agree that CPAP machine in this eppy could have been noisy or the heat/air kicking in and waking the daughter up at that time. 

I guess I'll go to small talk to rant further. :)

Living in a condo complex having 98 units, I get the usual nocturnal noises - hollering, car horns, car alarms, headlights in my bedroom window. Doesn't take much to wake someone up, especially if it is warm outside and the window is open.

The triad sleep pattern is when you wake up 2-3 times per night (usually in the 2-3 hour range) and are sleepy during the day. It's common to spiritual awakenings and spiritual awakenings are common in soul connections (the trigger for my spiritual awakening). I experience some strange stuff - not hauntings though. I do energy work and meditation to stay balanced and centred. It's not that easy and it's very easily to fall off the horse and start over again.

Something I've noticed in a lot of the stories is that the family has sunk their savings in to their home and has a hard time making an exit.

My furnace turning on has never made my bed move. Perhaps my house is too new or it has three levels, including a basement. Maybe a screw or two came out/came loose from the bedframe. Or the furnace is old and very noisy and can cause a vibration.

I would also have looked in to the home's records and any sort of dealings with the local native Americans. For aboriginal (what we call native Canadians) land claims and native burial grounds, there are always written records. Surely the family could have gone to the local college or University and contacted the native studies area for information on the various bands that live in the area. Or looked them up in the phone book. Even though there are many social issues here with aboriginal people, the elders are very well respected and honoured. Surely the local native Americans would have taken some interest in the goings on in the home, especially if it was built on sacred ground.

• Love 1

1) No one thought to ask why the fireplace was boarded up? If I am looking at places to live, I check things out - open the cupboards, closets, etc. See if I find things like mouse droppings or insect infestation. I'd notice the fireplace.

2) How thick are the walls in that building? It must be a well-built building if none of the neighbours could hear the plates breaking and the pots and pans being thrown about.

3) No one bothered to chat to the neighbours about noises and such? Or check with the landlord/rental agency?

4) Don't know if the sleep suffocation was just sleep paralysis.

5) I would like to have had the priest say something about his 'exorcism'. Perhaps he's died since 1984 or didn't want to be part of the episode?

6) I did like that other people also witnessed the weird things going on.

7) The little girl was creepy when she went black/possessed.

8) It took a long time to remember the older woman who was a 'witch'. Of course, little kids will see someone older as a 'witch'. Older, doesn't like children. May have been some residual energy from the 'witch' and some tricks the mind played.

• Love 1

That "witch" garbage pissed me off. More and more, I feel like this show's production team thinks the audience is either completely stupid or completely ignorant. I am insulted by how low the bar has been set this season. Cheap "entertainment" has been the goal instead of actual, firsthand paranormal stories.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 2