Type keyword(s) to search

Show & Yell: Justin Time

• Start Topic

I think what was hard about that song charade game was that the "non-celebrity" had to watch all 3 of them act it out, and that's too much going on. If they're all doing something different (focusing on different words, or doing different things for the same word), it's hard to tell what you should focus on, as the person guessing. I feel like maybe they should have one celebrity act out the song, and when it's been guessed correctly (or passed), then the next celebrity should act out the next song, and so on. Otherwise, it's like this weird free-for-all of charades and it gets to be too much.

Though maybe that's where the comedy comes in, watching charades chaos? I don't know.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

I would be terrible at guessing song names no matter who I was playing with. I just haven't kept up on pop, top-40 songs since the mid 1980s. So everyone gets a pass in that final round as far as I'm concerned. 

That said, Science Teacher lady got stuck with a terrible team. They were all awful. How could you not get Lego Land? FGS I don't even have kids, and I haven't even seen the Lego Movie, and I still know what the hell Lego Land is. 

• Love 2

So in the discussion of how weird it is to listen to TV shows while running, I'm pretty sure that's something I've heard of people doing before. Though I do think it's pretty weird. I mean, I am almost never not on my laptop while watching TV, so I admit that for most shows I listen to them more than I watch them (I was just talking to a friend the other day about how this prevents me from watching subtitled TV shows, even though there are several that interest me, because it would require me to actually look at the screen the whole time), but as Joe said...I do actually look up from time to time. 

Yeah I don't know anything about the Beatles except for their names. As a black man, finding another black person that knows nothing about the beatles is not uncommon.

I thought the Abbey Road thing was understandable, even though  for me it would have been extremely easy. It's not obscure, but at the same time it's also a know-it-or-don't thing and I thought it was obvious pretty quickly that Jay just didn't know enough about the Beatles to get it. Not getting Legoland with the clues that were given was pretty ridiculous, on the other hand.

I think what was hard about that song charade game was that the "non-celebrity" had to watch all 3 of them act it out, and that's too much going on.

Yes, I think this is overly chaotic, too. Also, a reason I don't love that game as a viewer is that you can't really play along. I tried to look at what the people were acting out and figure out if I'd be able to guess, but since I could hear the song it didn't actually give me the opportunity to try to figure it out on my own. 

Edited by smrou

I love that all three act it out at the same time. Sometimes they all do the same thing, and I find it hilarious. But I also enjoy it when one kind of takes center stage, and the other two support him/her or just point and nod.

As for the Where You Goin'? game, if the Driver is the person who is supposed to pass ( As Yvette Nicole Brown did so ably last week), then why didn't Jay pass more often? Hopefully, he wasn't so over being there that winning cash for his civilian and his charity would have still  been a spur, at that point in the game.  I think Be Kind, Rewind was the final nail and they sensed it.

Again, I think there were some production problems with the light-up post/ buzzers. The Californian civilian pressed her buzzer during one game and it wouldn't light up. Now, in trying to be fair, the podiums could work like Jeopardy!'s: once "hit", there is a period of time where you are "locked  out" and cannot buzz in again. If that is how the podiums work, then it is on the civilian who, in her excitement, forgot that she was locked out. If that isn't  how the podiums work, then, as celebrities have noted previously, there needs to be some looking into those podiums.  I am not saying one answer would have tipped the scales last night, but having a piece of tech seeming to work against you is different from judges giving a ruling.

Jane kept telling the contestants to wait until she finished reading the description of the movie, and that's why their buzzers wouldn't work. I figure if they keep pressing the button, once Jane has finished and they actually CAN buzz in, it takes a second or two for the buzzer to transition.