Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Dog Dinner Party

I actually think I liked the first three episodes the best. Since then the grossness and raunchiness seems to have been ratcheted up even further (and the first few were plenty gross and raunchy!) and somewhat at the expense of the more clever and witty bits that I loved. That said, there are still some great lines and scenes in every episode, and Jason Ritter is becoming the surprise MVP for me! 

• Love 1

The jokes all seem to be the same. The servants are doormats and the people are stupid. Not getting how they are and are not in high society.

Still, "senators don't make laws, just take bribes" -- not bad.

• Love 1

Always fun to see Missi Pyle.  I'm surprised that it looks like Celery might still be around, and won't just be another one episode and done character.  I mean, I'm sure she and Frederick won't last to say the least, but I wonder if it will be a break-up or it, well, new crazy Beatrice does something drastic.

Oh, Garfield.  You were not cut out to be involved in any way with someone as cutthroat as Chair.  Chair totally would destroy anyone to get her way.  Curious to see where they go with the Garfield character, now that he's fired.

A lot of great stuff from Peepers/Michael Ian Black in this one.

What an awful episode. No humor, just animal cruelty. And drug addiction. And four children conceived in rape. And a waste of Missy Pyle. I had liked this show so far but it just went off a cliff. They'd better figure out what they're trying to do.

• Love 1

I'm confusaled- I was thinking Garfield was in love with Peepers.

I think Garfield sees Peepers as a father figure.  Peepers said that he adopted Garfield from the orphanage because he saw something in him all those years ago.  He was probably grooming Garfield to take over for him eventually, (not that I think Garfield is actually going anywhere).  But it's not romantic between the two of them.  If anything, Garfield has (or had) a crush on Chair.

I really enjoyed this episode except for the ending.  Chair getting Garfield fired was unnecessarily cruel, and seemed a little OOC for her.  She's believable as a swindler, but her behavior with Garfield was just nasty and unfunny.  But Peepers and Dodo scenes are always gold, and I love seeing Lillian at her bitchiest.  

I know I'm in the minority, but the Beatrice scenes aren't funny at all, and I think the forbidden love thing with her brother is pretty stupid. 

The show's biggest problem IMO is that there are too many characters and not enough time to focus on all of them.  It would be much better as an hour, but I know CC won't do that, and most comedies are only 30 minutes anyway.  But the characterization really suffers because they're always trying to cram in every character and still keep the A/B/C plots rolling.