Type keyword(s) to search

The Terminator Franchise

Athena
  • Start Topic

It is looking like the fifth movie won't be profitable which makes one wonder if this franchise will be stalled for awhile. Can it be revived again in the near future? I'm one of those who think that it would be better on TV, but after TSCC, it doesn't look like it'll go back that way anytime soon.

Please use this thread to discuss, snark, and rant about all the movies and the show from this universe. Feel free to try and decipher the timelines and make speculations as well.

• Love 1

I agree that they should stop telling the same old story.  I think they should give a JJ abrams type team the authority to write a story about John Connor after judgment day.  And cast thoughtful actors that will bring the story to life AND actually look like the people you imagined. And I do not want to see ARNOLD  - I think the terminator was perfection so there is no need in my mind to change one single thing.

• Love 2

From what I recall, the current studio has until 2018 to make movies before the rights revert back to Cameron.  I believe this is why we got Genysis and there was talk of a few more movies.  The studio essentially just wanted to milk it for every cent they could.  However considering how bad the current movie bombed it's possibly the last movie we'll get this decade.

• Love 1

The timelines and changing the past has twisted the Terminator premise into a gordain knot.

Next Terminator: a straightforward action movie starring Linda Hamilton with no more fucking trying to change history.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

The timelines and changing the past has twisted the Terminator premise into a gordain knot.

Next Terminator: a straightforward action movie starring Linda Hamilton with no more fucking trying to change history.

Anyone see Linda Hamilton in Defiance? her day is over,  she is neither Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren. I remember when the The Sarah Connor Chronicles closed shop my hope was that Salvation would save the franchise, it didn't.

They need to bring back Linda Hamilton. Nothing else is going to work. The studios have wrongly assumed this is about the Terminators, it isn't.

Agreed! Especially not after Terminator 2. 

I'd see this, assuming it's well done.  Too bad Kyle Reese dies, as I wouldn't mind Michael Biehn back in the mix. 

• Love 1