Type keyword(s) to search

Special: World's Got Talent

• Start Topic

The most interesting thing about this for me was discovering that "Australia's Got Talent" has DAWN FRENCH for a judge! 

Lucky Ozzies!!

ETA: Actually, the episode was pretty interesting; it's just that DAWN FRENCH is more so. :)

Edited by A Boston Gal
  • Love 1

I agree.  The Russian gymnasts won the Worlds Got Talent special.

The shows are the same all over the world. Bad directing, bad editing.  Cutting away from the performance.  Cutting away from the performance at the worst times. 

I really hate danger acts.

Kids are the same all over the world. They are all kids with much more talent than other kids their age.  They have a few highlight moments in their acts, but in reality, not very good. 

• Love 2

I think it would have been really interesting if they would have highlighted the winners from the various other countries. To see what South Africa or Korea or Russia picks as their favorite talent to me would have been a better watch than just random stuff from all the countries (all that did was confirm that there were bendy people, cute kids, good singers, and dancing old people from all around the world...).  I enjoyed the show, mind you, but seeing who gets the votes around the world would have entertained me more

• Love 1

I think it would have been really interesting if they would have highlighted the winners from the various other countries. To see what South Africa or Korea or Russia picks as their favorite talent to me would have been a better watch than just random stuff from all the countries (all that did was confirm that there were bendy people, cute kids, good singers, and dancing old people from all around the world...).  I enjoyed the show, mind you, but seeing who gets the votes around the world would have entertained me more

Remember Alexandr Magala from I think season 8 (the sword swallowing pole dancer)? He won on Russia's Got Talent last year. He was so robbed on AGT.

• Love 1

All the cut aways to the host and judges was a waste of time for most of us viewers since I (maybe you, too?) didn't have a clue who any of them were, and could have cared less about their staged reactions.

Sort of echos my feelings about all the cut aways to staged reactions of America's host and judges ... I don't care about them, either, I'd rather watch the acts. But at least I know who the American judges/host are.

Interesting, though, to see all the countries have the same film editors and same acts, just different faces.

• Love 1

I'm scared. Seeing all those Got Talent shows with the exact same production methods means only one thing... Someone out there has mastered cloning and has cloned the AGT producers for all the shows around the world.

The actual acts were good to see; lots of what we see on AGT, and some absolutely stuning acts from around the world.

I'm a little disappointed that Canada's Got Talent only got one act (the Body Hooper) but it only lasted one season, damn you City. :( 

I think BGT is the next longest running after AGT, so it's not too surprising that they have a lot of acts in the WGT show; but part of me is wondering if they're setting us up for Simon coming to AGT next season.

but part of me is wondering if they're setting us up for Simon coming to AGT next season.

Oh, gah. Or even worse, Piers. I dislike both of them so intensely. Are there no qualified (and well-liked) Americans who need a job?