Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor/ette Host Chris Harrison Thinks UnREAL Is 'Terrible'

• Start Topic

What a dumbass. He says in the article that he likes "other parodies..." does he not get that UnREAL is not a parody? At its best, it is a subversive satire about the behind-the-scenes world of The Bachelor. It is not even close to a parody of The Bachelor as shown.

• Love 3

Isn't this exactly what the host of Everlasting would say? Oh my god, what if season two is about Rachel and Quinn going off and making a scripted show based on Everlasting! (This is a terrible idea, please no one listen to me)

See, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that his character on Unreal was an exaggeration, but now I don't based on his response to it. Now I think it must have hit too close to the mark.

• Love 2

His reaction makes me think he is actually TERRIFIED of UnREAL. I wonder if that means that he started out as the Madison somewhere in the past and still has to give Mike Fleiss a weekly bj.

• Love 3

I know a lot of people love Unreal, but I hated it, so I can't really blame Chris, quite frankly.  I get there is manipulation, etc, so I don't disagree with the concept, just saying that not everyone identified with Unreal.  

• Love 3

I know a lot of people love Unreal, but I hated it, so I can't really blame Chris, quite frankly.  I get there is manipulation, etc, so I don't disagree with the concept, just saying that not everyone identified with Unreal.  

I'm not surprised that a lot of people like Unreal. Every single season they fall for the edited stories and believe that what they're seeing is what actually happened so I guess in some ways Unreal validates them falling for the whacked story lines they see on the Bach/ette show.

• Love 1

I watched Unreal for several episodes but then quit. I wasn't too interested in the characters & after enough episodes I felt like I had a basics of their take on TB. If I hadn't disliked, well everyone, I might have cared after that. However I didn't even enjoy hating anyone. I just found them unlikable & annoying. I have no doubt that there are some similarities between Unreal & what happens on TB. They just didn't make it where I cared enough to continue.

As for Harrison I will pretty much give him a pass because he is taking care of the show that he's built his career on. He needs to continue to be a believer & admitting that TB has anything in common with Unreal would be like him screaming that it's all fake & everyone is there for the wrong reasons. It's his livelihood & he is protecting it.

• Love 3

Dear god I hope no one "identifies" with UnReal! It is dark as hades (and I love it), but no one should be finding moments in there that they can really relate to!