Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Family Comes First

• Start Topic

With her mother's health declining, Abby leaves the girls and moms to fend for themselves at this week's competition. Abby's announcement of the impending arrival of a brand new team looms over Abby's original team.

Original airdate: April 1, 2014

I'm guessing Nia is the only kid in the group who could have sold that routine as well as she did. It was weak choreography and skill-wise (and Nia could have done much more), but she sold it. I Also suspect she was pulled out of a Bollywood-inspired routine because it is a strong style for her, not a weak one.

Mackenzie is starting to bring back bad memories of Vivi-Anne.

I agree with both of you.  Nia would have been so good in the group number.  She would have really shined.  Her solo wasn't well choreographed, but the way she delivered it was great.  But that was HER doing.  Because a dancer worth anything has to have stage presence and she had that.  Even the best dancers technically don't get very far if they don't have stage presence.  She sold that dance, as badly choreographed as it was, and got 3rd place, which I don't think any of the other dancers on Abbys team could have gotten with the same choreography.  They wouldn't have done as much with it.

Also, I love gianna as a teacher.

I think there are two episodes left.  This episode was sad. Why aren't Maddie or Mack ever the scapegoat? Melissa is so far up Abby's ass that I don't know where she ends and Abby begins. Abby's mom is not your mom, Melissa. 

(edited)

I think there are two episodes left. This episode was sad. Why aren't Maddie or Mack ever the scapegoat? Melissa is so far up Abby's ass that I don't know where she ends and Abby begins. Abby's mom is not your mom, Melissa.

You know if I were shitty enough to allow my kid to be treated like this and went on this show I would kiss Abbey's ass too if it gave my kid an advantage. I am already pathetic enough to be there I might as wee go all the way. No half assedness for me! Edited by Cheetosandchoc

Oh my. Mack's song was awful. When I was a kid, I had one of those microphones that would make your voice sound like you were a robot. This song is so heavily auto-tuned that is seriously sounds like she has T-Pain's microphone. I assume they had to auto-tune it so heavily because Mack can't sing. There are clips of her on Youtube singing acapella and she changes keys every other note. She's a cute kid and a decent dancer for her age. Singing is just not her thing.

• Love 2

I'm rewatching this today while they are playing the reruns, and I kinda forgot how annoying it was that Melissa kept interjecting herself into Abby losing her mother... It seemed like anytime it was mentioned she jumped in "well when I was there" or "Abby and I jumped" and "I talk to her everyday".

• Love 2