Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: The Machete Charge

This was the first episode for me that made me think something was actually going on. I still somehow suspect Reggie could somehow be involved in a sort of shakedown of his own cash cow. I know it cannot be true, but I would not put anything by that guy.....

The piece with the cop outside the strip club was something that I did not see coming either.

My first thought was also that Reggie was somehow behind the shakedown, but judging from next week's previews, they might be going in a different direction.  We shall see, of course.  It was fun seeing Clifton Collins Jr. as this new sleazy lawyer.  He seems to have Spencer's and Joe's numbers, so those two better step it up.

Glad the cop bit was a plan of Ricky's, because I was getting tired of how much of a pushover he was.  He should have known the score as soon as he saw that Alonzo brought all of his relatives to the club.  Turing the cheek is one thing, Ricky, but I would think even Dule Hill's character would acknowledge that was too much.

Charles didn't cheat at least, but he was stupid enough to keep a picture of the hot girl's ass, so his wife chewed his ass out, and he precedes to throw a fit and storm off.  Charles isn't very bright, huh?

• Love 1
(edited)

Charles didn't cheat at least, but he was stupid enough to keep a picture of the hot girl's ass, so his wife chewed his ass out, and he precedes to throw a fit and storm off. Charles isn't very bright, huh?

They are setting the stage for him to make an NFL comeback. Edited by ToastnBacon
  • Love 2

They are setting the stage for him to make an NFL comeback.

It seems that way to me.  I just have a hard time seeing this actor as a player.  He'll really need to get in better shape.  

• Love 2

Will be curious how they get out of the blackmail that is not legally blackmail situation. 

This...and I'm also curious to know how Spence is connected to the woman involved.

The show is still *ok* for me.  I've gotten to the point where I don't expect much and am just watching to be entertained, which I have to say that I am.  If I were waiting for some great acting and character exposition, I'd probably have bailed by now.

I actually look forward to how much more Reg is going to screw up Vernon's career every week.  Reg was rather mild this time, but I suspect there is much more to come with him.

• Love 3
(edited)

So why does this one chick want to get with a retired football player so badly? I thought the show made it clear earlier that once you are out of the game, the ladies don't want you anymore. Yet Charles seems to be catnip. Hmmm.

Laughed out loud at a few lines, including the one where Ricky says to 'Zo that Ricky is familiar "with where you came from." Yikes. Genious plan on the cop set up, though at first I thought Zo was parked outside a police station and couldn't figure out why even he was that stupid.

Spence is actually showing some agent chops, and I like it.

I still somehow suspect Reggie could somehow be involved in a sort of shakedown of his own cash cow.

It sure felt like it, especially when Spence lingered on the one shot that looked like Reggie was in the background.  Figured calling Reggie out would be how Spence cements his rep with Vernon. I didn't watch the previews, so still wondering if that's the plan.

Cruz is pretty good on TV.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 3