Type keyword(s) to search

Billions in the Media: Make it Rain!

• Start Topic

Hmm...only one more episode in the entire series.
I wonder how they are going to resolve the story lines.
Prince gets elected?
Axe just slinks back to England?  Gads...I think not!
Taylor (my favorite) decides to go backpacking in Europe?
Anyway...we'll soon find out!

1 hour ago, grommit2 said:

Hmm...only one more episode in the entire series.
I wonder how they are going to resolve the story lines.
Prince gets elected?
Axe just slinks back to England?  Gads...I think not!
Taylor (my favorite) decides to go backpacking in Europe?
Anyway...we'll soon find out!

I would be surprised if Axe and Chuck didn't win somehow over Prince.

But do they just prevent him from becoming president or do they ruin him while Axe becomes even richer and still is the big money guy -- "What's the point of having Fuck You Money if you never say 'fuck you!'?"

(BTW, list of best Axe quotes:

https://screenrant.com/billions-bobby-axelrod-best-quotes/#the-greats-never-sacrifice-the-important-for-the-urgent)

The character is always boasting and taunting his enemies and his underlings are always boosting his ego.

So why would they change that for the series finale?

Can't see the writers having him foiled, not get what he wants or win.

• Like 1

Paul Giamatti has done a new movie with Alexander Payne, the director of Sideways, where Giamatti probably had his most famous role -- "I'm not drinking fucking Merlot!"

Movie is called The Holdovers, getting good reviews.

Even though he plays a curmudgeonly professor type in this movie, I'm going to guess that Giamatti's character doesn't drop a lot of obscure cultural referencers that you're not going to bother looking up anyways.😊

Giamatti probably wants to cleanse himself of Chuck Rhoads and Billions writing.

<<sigh>>
Another super TV show comes to an end.
I will miss watching that office-full of techno-finance geniuses buy and sell large pieces of nation-states (or some such thing).
I even liked trying to unravel those obscure references to movies, songs, etc.
Oh well...back to that other super TV show: Battlebots! 🤑

Interview with Giomatti, about The Holdovers, his whole career.

Talks about The Billions a bit.  

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/10/1223919887/paul-giamatti-the-holdovers

Said he was drawn to all the alpha male energy at first.  But thinks Chuck was this very driven and towards the end lonely and joyless character.

Took him awhile to disengage from how miserable Rhoads was so that he didn't get too down in his real life.

BRIGER: ...What was it like to develop a character over that amount of time?

GIAMATTI: It was interesting. I mean, I - no, I'd never done anything for that long. It was - it's a lot, you know, and - but it was - I knew the guys who wrote the show, so that was nice. And, you know, I - we all kind of let them take the lead, you know? I mean, I trusted them to take the guy interesting places. And it was fun to do. It was - but it was a lot, you know? It - that character, after a while, I have to say, was a very lonely character to play 'cause he's very - talk about a disliked guy who doesn't like himself, either, and sort of, you know, he was a very isolated character. And as much sort of wonderful varieties - like, God, there was something very, very - after a while that got kind of difficult about playing that part. I have to admit.

BRIGER: So, like, you'd feel residual feelings after...

GIAMATTI: Yeah.

BRIGER: ..It's the end of the day?

GIAMATTI: Just - yeah. I mean, you know, you do the - you do a show like that and it's every day, all day long, a lot. And there would be times when I was like, oh, I was happy to let him go at the weekend and stuff, you know, 'cause it just was a very - you know, he's a very deeply driven guy and he's - kind of joyless guy. And - as you can hear in that - I mean, he takes some joy in being a bastard...

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/1223919887