Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor Bios: Meet The "I Wanna Go Home I Miss My Mommy" Participants

cooksdelight
  • Start Topic

Of all of these guys, I'm really surprised by Sam the most. He looks like a typical fat, dorky kid who plays video games, but he apparently is really an outdoorsman. Well, at least he'll have some body fat to keep him warm at night.

• Love 7

He does!! I thought the same thing when I saw him. He's so very young, and his wife is 7-months pregnant. I can't imagine leaving my pregnant wife for this.

Okay, so Josh is already gone. Chris is the one who was alllll about being armed all the time, right? He's described as a prepper, so I guess that makes sense. Ugh. Not rooting for him.

I think Mitch is the one who howled, but I kind of like him (based on his bio). I like Joe's bio too.

I'm less drawn to the guys who come with military experience and the one who is vegetarian.

• Love 1

Yeah, Mitch is the red haired guy with sort-of dreads who was the first (shown) to get fire and ate the mussels and periwinkles. He is my vote for the win. Plus he is from New England, so I have an affinity for him.  :)  Sam is the youngest and howled at the wolves. I do not like him at all. 

• Love 2

I know that Les has had nights were he could not start a fire on Survivorman. I wouldn't be surprised that he didn't have a fire on the first night. It was wet, wet, wet where they were. Finding dry wood and the like would have been more then challenging.

But I do like the idea of a control. Pay him a good amount to be out there and see how he handles it.

• Love 3

Good ideas candall and ProfCrash. Has anyone really looked at these guy's bios? I was under the impression that some of them have real survival skill backgrounds, but maybe I imagined that.  I love the idea of a control person. I agree that the guy from Florida, who said that he is never anywhere that doesn't have a gun within arm's length, is likely to be out soon too. I think they showed on the commercials for the show (not a  spoiler) him hearing a cougar breathing in the bushes and him freaking out, but that could be misdirection as well. I agree that CopJosh will probably not be able to take the ribbing at work. Does anyone know where he lives? I would venture that it is probably not a big city, therefore never has to draw his gun and has relatively little crime, so even working the mean streets has not prepared him for the terror of real-live nature. His "reason" for leaving is similar to Earnest's on The Island. They did it for the children. 

• Love 1

Speaking of thread titles, when I sub-titled the Small Talk thread "Sittin' Around the Campfire", I didn't realize that so many of the contestants were going to have such difficulty actually making a campfire. In light of the knowledge gained from the first 3 episodes, maybe it should be called "Sittin' Around Eating Banana Slugs" or "Sittin' Around Waiting to be Eaten by Bears" or "Sittin' Around Waiting for the Rescue Team to Arrive". Something more on point, you know?

Or maybe "Don't Mind the Slug Excrement, Just Add More Wine".  Yeah, I like that. Hell, it belongs on a T-shirt.

• Love 7
On 6/22/2015 at 5:24 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

Of all of these guys, I'm really surprised by Sam the most. He looks like a typical fat, dorky kid who plays video games, but he apparently is really an outdoorsman. Well, at least he'll have some body fat to keep him warm at night.

He lost  80 lbs in 55 days. So what makes him any better than any other inept lardass?

On 6/25/2015 at 10:56 AM, ProfCrash said:

In fairness, Josh actually was visited by two bears while he was in his tent. Earnest faced a docile pig.

so? dont be stupid and be there without a projectile weapon. Arrowing a bear will win the show for you, and probably let you make as much more money "teaching" how to do such things. :-) I'd cheerfully take the 1 in  100 (or less) chance that a black bear will charge me after I arrow him. I'll also take the 1 in 10 chance that I can't handle him with my Cold Steel shovel. The great majority of black bears are sub 300 lbs, you know, even just prior to hibernation. There's many a 300+ lb MAN on the streets, and they can all be carrying knives and guns.  I'd not be afraid to ambush any of the men with a bow. :-)   Get one full inch wide of double edged, razor-like steel shoved thru your lung or heart, and SEE how much fighting you feel like doing!  Dogs run down bears pretty easily.   I once had to kick an English setter under the chin,  3 different times, as it very seriously tried to bite off my jewels. It had been gut-shot and wanted to take me to hell with it.   It would be much easier to split a bear's wig with the shovel.