Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Playing Doctor

I found this episode to be kind of boring-- well, not much to rant about at least. It was ok as a general episode, but seemed to just be filler as nothing really happened to move any of the plots along.

I was rolling over my eyes Evan accidentally posting his sperm results on his blog, because I don't think it's possible. But he handled it pretty well, at least with Paige's help.

I expected the actor shadowing Hank to be really annoying, but he was actually ok. He was a bit over the top, but seemed genuine.

Divya going all "not without my daughter" on Rafa probably isn't going to help her case, as Paige pointed out. She was doing well until that point. And no Jeremiah this week to save her from herself.

Agree with the oh-ahh typical show - Ho-umm all the way.  I do think they make a visual error with Hank standing a good foot shorter than the actor in their good-bye scene.  It really accentuated his shortness.   Tom Cruise would not let that happen!

Getting tired of Paige being shown as a diz.  She would have been all over that contractor with the repairs to their new home.

Divya really is an idiot. Leaving a threatening message for Rafa is only more fuel for the lawyers. She keeps getting terrible storyline after another.

Paige and Evan continue to be so cute.

• Love 1

I've said before that the writers must have multiple personalities for the episodes. Evan goes from bumbling comic relief one week and grown up responsible adult the next. Seriously too, no way Paige gets taken by the contractor like that. Or at least asks exactly what he's going to do to fix the house and how long it will take.

Isn't that type of stuff picked up during the inspection? The sellers should be responsible for that.

I liked the actor shadowing Hank. I got the impression he was genuine in his approach to acting and not just being an acccttooooor!

And I take that voice mail and hand it right to my lawyer if I'm Rafa. It's harassment in the least. Any lawyer worth their salt is going to put that front and center on Divya's fitness as a single parent. I know it's tv and "lawyers are big meanies who are mean", but you hire a lawyer to protect your own rights as much as win your case. If she wants to work something out face to face with Rafa, then you have the lawyers arrange it and have them wait outside while you talk it out. 

I find this entire Divya as hysterical mother characterization OOC and quite offensive honestly. It's beyond ridiculous that the cops didn't recognize her even if, for example, if someone calls about a baby alone in the car, they are required to file a report and take the baby. I'm glad Jeremiah was able to fix the situation, but 'coming to her rescue' is too tropey. She had the gum, record of paying her parking, probably cameras saw her with the medical equipment. It's resolved in 10 minutes. Not for anything, Rafa knows what she does; it's hard to believe he wouldn't believe the situation, and be like, "Hey, I get your job, but if you're traveling alone with the baby and doing stuff like this, you're going to have to hire a nanny/assistant to travel with you." Case closed. 

On the other hand, her scenes with the prince were nice. It's like two different characters. 

Divya really is an idiot. Leaving a threatening message for Rafa is only more fuel for the lawyers. She keeps getting terrible storyline after another.

And I take that voice mail and hand it right to my lawyer if I'm Rafa. It's harassment in the least. Any lawyer worth their salt is going to put that front and center on Divya's fitness as a single parent. I know it's tv and "lawyers are big meanies who are mean", but you hire a lawyer to protect your own rights as much as win your case. If she wants to work something out face to face with Rafa, then you have the lawyers arrange it and have them wait outside while you talk it out. 

I find this entire Divya as hysterical mother characterization OOC and quite offensive honestly. It's beyond ridiculous that the cops didn't recognize her even if, for example, if someone calls about a baby alone in the car, they are required to file a report and take the baby. I'm glad Jeremiah was able to fix the situation, but 'coming to her rescue' is too tropey. She had the gum, record of paying her parking, probably cameras saw her with the medical equipment. It's resolved in 10 minutes. Not for anything, Rafa knows what she does; it's hard to believe he wouldn't believe the situation, and be like, "Hey, I get your job, but if you're traveling alone with the baby and doing stuff like this, you're going to have to hire a nanny/assistant to travel with you." Case closed. 

On the other hand, her scenes with the prince were nice. It's like two different characters. 

I came here to say just this. Did Divya have a stroke?? Did she suffer a blow to the head?? I get the mama bear, but come ON. You know what's going on with Rafa and you give him ammunition like that? I dd like that Paige called her out on it: "not crazy at all, until you gt to the part where you threatened to kidnap his child..."

How long before the contractor has a medical malady that prevents him from going any further?

Have we dropped the sister storyline? I can't remember how it ended. Are they still looking for her???

I think the sister is with their dad on a book tour. She's getting to know him better. Thank goodness because she was so annoying.

All those annoying storylines the past few seasons have really tanked the ratings. They used to be the top cable show of the night- now they are in the middle behind syndicated TV.

I don't know why they couldn't have had Divya make the call and end it with, "I can't keep up with the lawyers like this. We're friends. Let's talk please." Clearly, having Paige call her out on the kidnapping means they are planning to string this out in a ridiculous way. 

Yeah, can someone please remind me how she got away from his mother? I thought he was involved in getting her to let Divya and Sashi go, but maybe not? This all seems so contrived and boring.