Type keyword(s) to search

Battlebots - General Discussion

• Start Topic

All I could find that's current is Destruct-a-Thon

which I got to through this link

Live robot fighting in Las Vegas 

From the creators of the hit TV show BattleBots comes the world’s first daily robot-combat show, exclusive to Las Vegas. Hosted by Bil Dwyer (original host of the Comedy Central BattleBots series), this intense, fast-moving, family-friendly, fight-fest stars robots that have delighted millions of fans all over the world. Bots like Witch Doctor, Kraken, Mammoth, HyperShock, Whiplash and more, as well as several new bots specially created for this live Vegas show. Some performances will feature fights from rookie teams eager to try out for the next BattleBots World Championship. Come see the best new show in Las Vegas!

On 10/6/2023 at 2:42 AM, CoderLady said:

That was excellent and completely unexpected.

It wasn't the strongest bracket, but yeah, I don't think anyone could claim that they thought Shreddit Bro was going to win that one.  If I'd had to guess beforehand, I'd have guessed Rotator and Skorpios for the final.

I'm glad to see Evan Arias finally have success at Battlebots.  Obviously scaling up this design was a wise move.

• Like 2

Now THAT was the kind of finale I was expecting for the Golden Bolt Tournament.  Two top-tier competitors going at it hard for the entire fight and one just barely defeating the other.  Not that I didn't really enjoy End Game's quick demolishing of Witch Doctor last year, but a great fight is what I really want.  I could've seen this one going either way, although I do think the correct bot won.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1