Type keyword(s) to search

Jefferson Jackson: Call Him Jax

• Start Topic

He's not, but the producers are patting themselves on the back for creating an African American superhero. My point was they've done it in a overwhelmingly white show. The only other person of colour they've cast does pass for white and the character does appear to be white.

Reading it back, my post is really badly worded. Apologies for that.

He's not, but the producers are patting themselves on the back for creating an African American superhero. My point was they've done it in a overwhelmingly white show. The only other person of colour they've cast does pass for white and the character does appear to be white.

Then, what about Ciara Renee? She does appear to be a person of color.

• Love 1

Leave Wentworth alone. Us mixed race people have enough identity issues. White people consider me Asian and Asian people consider me White, I don't belong anywhere. :D

However I believe Leonard Snart is supposed to be white, since his sister and father are white. Kendra I believe is supposed be to be Latina. And Jax is black. So they do have two people of color this show. Which sadly is the norm on most shows. What makes it different is those two are superheroes. 

• Love 7

I didn't read it as them "patting themselves on the back". A Black Firestorm existed in the comics decades before this show. I think they were just saying that they are glad there are more diverse superheroes on TV now.

Leave Wentworth alone. Us mixed race people have enough identity issues. White people consider me Asian and Asian people consider me White, I don't belong anywhere. :D

However I believe Leonard Snart is supposed to be white, since his sister and father are white. Kendra I believe is supposed be to be Latina. And Jax is black. So they do have two people of color this show. Which sadly is the norm on most shows. What makes it different is those two are superheroes. 

Or everywhere.  :-)  

The Jax character looks like he could be fun and I'm really glad that Firestorm isn't Robbie Amell but I worry about the writers falling into stereotypes.  Wise-cracking, streetwise kid partnered up with older, wiser white guy.  What could possibly go wrong there?  :-) 

• Love 3

I just hope the actor that plays Jax & VG have chemistry. I was not really blown away by Jax's introduction on FLASH. It didn't wow me. Now, I'm not saying Robbie Amell is an amazing actor, but I did believe his chemistry & his relationship with VG. There seemed to be a mutual respect and yet still room for comedy.

I'm not sure how this new Firestorm relationship is going to play out. Because the little I saw of it on FLASH it definitely fell flat & a little tropey.

I have a feeling that they are going to be doing a lot of little tweaking to all the characters on LoT.  From something they said about Stein in the Pilot, I have a feeling he is going to be a more morally grey character than he's been previously.  The show runners originally wanted to do a Blue Beetle and in the current incarnation, the scarab itself is always trying to push it's host to cross certain lines.  Wonder if that's the dynamic they are going to go after rather than just scientist vs jock and young vs old. 

She's white. She was asked on Twitter a few weeks ago.

There are plenty of people who are mixed (and she does appear to be) who will just say they are white/black or whatever they self-identify as. 

• Love 1

She can identify any way she likes, but it shows how little diversity there is in this show.

There is a huge cast but there is one person of colour and one LGBT character. That's appalling in this day and age.

*i know this isn't the thread for this but I'm not sure where it should go.

• Love 1

Well, we get Cartoon Firestorm now, thanks to the Vixen Season 2 Promo. Which doesn't seem to feature a LOT of Vixen... but does have some actual Firestorm (and some Flash) to supplement her. 

• Love 1

Well, we get Cartoon Firestorm now, thanks to the Vixen Season 2 Promo. Which doesn't seem to feature a LOT of Vixen... but does have some actual Firestorm (and some Flash) to supplement her

Still a Vixen show, Im sure she will feature more in all episodes.

But yeah Im excited to see Firestorm guest starring in the show. DC/WB is really invested in boosting up this underrated superhero.

Edited by WildcardC