Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast & Producers: Holloway, Callies, Carlton Cuse & Ryan Condal

Fucking Lori.

Being someone who refuses to watch anything with oozing disgusting zombies, I had to IMDb this.   Some background on Fucking Lori would have been awesome.

Edited by Trace

I don't mean to shill, but Sarah Wayne Callies is an amazing actress.  I saw The Walking Dead and years later someone convinced me to watch Prison Break.  She is a good actress who gets shitty cucking roles that make you hate her, but don't doubt that she is a great actress.

Terry o'Quinn on the other hand, can he just get a break?  I'm just watching this show for shirtless Josh, but Terry is a good actor who should get better leading parts.  I almost cared about 666 Park Avenue.

I don't mean to shill, but Sarah Wayne Callies is an amazing actress.  I saw The Walking Dead and years later someone convinced me to watch Prison Break.  She is a good actress who gets shitty cucking roles that make you hate her, but don't doubt that she is a great actress.

Eh, I don't know if you can blame an actor's (lack of) ability on a slew of shitty roles.  A good actor can make the most out of a really terrible role.  An example would be Candice Patton as Iris on The Flash.  The Iris role is terrible all around, but one can definitely see Candice's skill in how she makes the best of her bad dialogue and plots.  

I've never seen SWC in anything where she doesn't look like SWC.  She has a one note expression which is made worse by an apparent clause in all of her contracts that they can't comb or style her hair.  I'd really like to watch this show and enjoy it, but despite the plot improving, I'm still seeing Lori and Sawyer.  It would definitely be nice to see past Lori/Sara/EveryOtherRoleI'veSeenHerIn, so I'll take recommendations on what show or film in which she's done outstanding work. 

• Love 2

I think the problem is that SWC is not a particularly strong actress. I think she's ok as an actress. However, yes, she's had some very poorly written roles.

I actually liked her in Prison Break, so I didn't have a problem with her casting in The Walking Dead. However, "Lori" was a poorly written role in the comic, so there was little way to save the character on television, without some major character changes. Again, because she wasn't a strong actress, the frustration with the character merged with frustration with the actress, which became much more noticeable when darn near everyone else was out-acting her. You can tell when an actor/actress tries to rise above the dialogue. It may have been an acting choice, but I don't think she's capable. Heck, Skylar from Breaking Bad wasn't a particularly likable character, but at no point did I ever question her acting ability. Girl was fierce!

Unfortunately, SWC's role in this show, is pretty much the same role from both Prison Break and TWD, just with a different script and cast. I see no changes in characterization whatsoever, not an attempt to change any mannerisms, speech patterns, heck, hairstyle or clothing. She is, literally, the same character from TWD, even down to questionable parenting and questionable uses of sex as a distraction.

Honestly, Josh Holloway has a similar problem. I liked him a lot on Lost. Then, I noticed that his scenes in Mission Impossible were just him playing Sawyer. He's doing the same thing here, though, he seems a little less angry-at-the-world. Otherwise, yep, same hair, mannerisms, snarky attitude, affinity for annoying, manipulative brunettes with stringy hair.... The one thing that he does have is charisma, which SWC is sorely lacking. 

I think someone who has never seen either of their work before, would find them to be at least passable as actors. YMMV. 

• Love 2

I came late to this show.  Unfortunately, all I can see when I look at Katie is Lori.  She looks exactly the same as she did in TWD (except she's cleaner) and is still doing the same silly things she did on TWD - meaning putting everyone in danger by her actions.  *sigh*

On 4/11/2018 at 1:38 PM, MaryMatts said:

I came late to this show.  Unfortunately, all I can see when I look at Katie is Lori.  She looks exactly the same as she did in TWD (except she's cleaner) and is still doing the same silly things she did on TWD - meaning putting everyone in danger by her actions.  *sigh*

Actually, it was Will the husband who put their family in danger by attempting to sneak out of the zone. Katie's involvement with the Resistance saved him and the whole family from being killed. 

Gawd, I swear, women will never stopped being blamed for the actions of men on these shows.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

So you think Katie was fine with joining the resistance?  Even in a world where there is no justice system and she knew if she was caught her whole family would be sent to the Factory?  She didn’t mind putting her young kids at risk?

On 4/20/2018 at 5:34 AM, MaryMatts said:

So you think Katie was fine with joining the resistance?  Even in a world where there is no justice system and she knew if she was caught her whole family would be sent to the Factory?  She didn’t mind putting her young kids at risk?

It was Will who actually put their whole family in jeopardy trying to sneak out of the zone. It was only because the aliens had use for him that the whole family wasn't sent to the faculty. Take some time to berate him.

On 2018-04-11 at 12:38 PM, MaryMatts said:

Lori was not Sarah's fault. The writing was shit because the writers on TWD have mommy issues and don't like women. Watching Katie come into her own as a leader has been one of the best parts of this show.

• Love 1