Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for The Player

From the way the producers describe it, this sounds similar to Human Target, which also wasn't afraid to be ridiculous. But this show will need to have something else to balance out the ridiculousness; either it has to be fun enough* or have a compelling enough lead and/or story arc.

*Doesn't look like this show is taking that direction.

• Love 1

If the soundtrack/score is like the electronica/ house sound from the ads? I might put it on just for that. But then, I'm willing to watch a half nekkid P. Winchester and very natty Mr. Snipes. My question is how much rope that gives the show.

From the way the producers describe it, this sounds similar to Human Target, which also wasn't afraid to be ridiculous. But this show will need to have something else to balance out the ridiculousness; either it has to be fun enough* or have a compelling enough lead and/or story arc.

*Doesn't look like this show is taking that direction.

It depends, Human Target was fun before they made unnecessary changes that ultimately ruined the show.

My question is how much rope that gives the show.

Not long enough should that be the only thing this show offers.

I'm a huge Strike Back fan, so I would watch to support Phillip Winchester.  Unfortunately, I truly cannot stand Wesley Snipes, ever since he decided that he was too good to pay taxes and cheated and lied.  He claimed that the U.S. had no authority to collect taxes.  Then when that argument failed, he claimed he was a nonresident alien that wasn't subject to taxes.  I really don't understand what his motivation was, so sad that this man who made millions as an actor wouldn't remit taxes like the millions of other hard working citizens.  He went to prison for about 3 years because of it.  I just don't think I can watch him anymore.  If he hates America so much, then he should just move.

Unfortunately, I truly cannot stand Wesley Snipes, ever since he decided that he was too good to pay taxes and cheated and lied.

Maybe the real purpose of the 'player' is to help bail him out.

I assumed that Snipes is working again because he needs the money, but I don't follow his career to know his current financial status. 

For now, my interest in this show will likely hinge on how often Winchester is a) shirtless or b) wearing tight shirts. I'm not particularly interested in the premise, though I could change my mind after watching the pilot.     

• Love 2

Count me in with the group who can't stand Wesley Snipes.  I will however watch this to see Philip.  I adore Strike Back and am hoping that will offset my dislike of Wesley.  I'm also hoping that he doesn't get much screen time.  I know he's got high billing on this, but it wouldn't be the first time someone with a name has been given that distinction only to have very little screen time.

• Love 1

For now, my interest in this show will likely hinge on how often Winchester is a) shirtless or b) wearing tight shirts. I'm not particularly interested in the premise, though I could change my mind after watching the pilot.

Based on the promos, I know a. is already in the pilot.