Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Dance Your Pants Off

A Grand Ole Opry opportunity to perform with country star Josh Turner catches the family by surprise, so they scramble to create a dance routine and choose a song while also dealing with wardrobe malfunctions before the gig.

I really like the family's music, but the oldest daughter who sings lead the most does these really weird hang gestures and "poses" that really distracts me from her singing.  Some songs I really enjoy her tone and style, other songs leave me flat.

• Love 1

Agree about Jessica, Tonypitt.  She does that exaggerated singing with a warble and too many random "yeah, yeahs" thrown in.  Her voice almost sounds nasal when she tries to go to a high register.  She also has that extremely annoying habit of letting her "style" overwhelm her singing so that you can't always understand the actual words. But most young female singers do the same thing these days.   I actually enjoyed the commentary & singing of daughter Jennifer.   

That said, the whole group is very talented and really seem to be nice kids. Very cool that they have their own home recording studio. 

But what is it these days about TV families letting their young children walk, slide and romp all over their kitchen counters? You see it with the Dugger littles all the time and it appears these little do it too.  Very unhygienic.  What ever happened to kids using step stools?

Their dancing is amazing!! I could watch those kids dance for hours.  I also love to listen to them play their instruments.  I can take or leave Jessica's singing, but they do harmonize very well. 

• Love 2

I know this will sound rude, but watching the Willis family thus far has made me realize how aimless, unfocused, untalented and dull the Duggar family really is.

And was that some shade thrown when one of the daughters commented that grocery shopping wasn't a giant production, didn't require the whole family to participate and didn't take 10+ shopping carts?  *LOL*

• Love 8

I know this will sound rude, but watching the Willis family thus far has made me realize how aimless, unfocused, untalented and dull the Duggar family really is.

I think this show is purposefully anti-Duggar. When they answer all the questions, it's the exact opposite of how the Duggars would answer.They even mention "people seem to think..." when they were talking about laundry,  grocery shopping, messy house, etc.

I do love how Brenda was talking about their "relaxed" parenting and then talked about all the activities they do in the day.

Jamie is absolutely adorable and so charming. I can see good things for all the kids, but I think she has a bright future. She's my favorite, I think, though Jaeger's "tattoos" were so funny.

• Love 4

I think this show is purposefully anti-Duggar. When they answer all the questions, it's the exact opposite of how the Duggars would answer.They even mention "people seem to think..." when they were talking about laundry,  grocery shopping, messy house, etc.

I do love how Brenda was talking about their "relaxed" parenting and then talked about all the activities they do in the day.

Jamie is absolutely adorable and so charming. I can see good things for all the kids, but I think she has a bright future. She's my favorite, I think, though Jaeger's "tattoos" were so funny.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I like their un-Duggar-ness. I'm sure they take themselves seriously in that they work hard at practicing their music and dancing. But it's obvious that they have a sense of humor and try to raise their kids in a loving atmosphere without being overly rigid with laying down a lot of unnecessary lifestyle rules. They're a breath of fresh air. And I'm bored with the Duggars; I hope more people get interested in the Willises and Bates and stop watching the Duggars.

Which one is Jaimie, is she the one that likes to draw with the long dark hair? I can't remember who's who on his show yet.

• Love 2

but the oldest daughter who sings lead

She reminds me of Jessica Simpson, when she used to sing (does she still sing?). Everything is way too stylized and overwrought. Personally, I don't like high, nasal voices. I much prefer the voice of the dark-haired sister who sings harmony.

But I prefer them all to the Duggars' renditions of "Amazing Grace."

• Love 2
Which one is Jaimie, is she the one that likes to draw with the long dark hair? I can't remember who's who on his show yet.

I *think* (and don't quote me because I'm still learning too), that Jennifer is the one who likes to draw.   I know she's one of the one's with dark hair.  Jamie might be the one who "helped" on the shopping trip to get the makings for mom's not*cake.  (Or maybe that was Juliette, and Jamie is the next younger one.)  I get those three younger girls Juliette, Jamie and Joy mixed up.

(edited)

Now I can't tell if I meant Juliette or Jamie. They could be twins, I swear.

I'll have to watch again and see which one I meant.

Edit - I meant Juliette. Jamie seems sweet as well, but perhaps a little more shy? I feel like of those three girls, Juliette does the majority of the talking so far.

Edited by SpaghettiTuesdays

Agreed, 100%.  I still say that TLC is pushing this show for the purpose of replacing the Duggars because they know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for storylines.

• Love 1

I don't think 19 Kids is gone. It's been a full month now since the Josh news broke, and still no announcement. I think they're frantically strategizing now on how to best proceed, whether they'll mainly focus on the married/courting couples (excluding Josh and Anna, of course) or what. But we shall see.

Haha, I was feeling creepy for thinking Jedi was hot too. I mean, he's 15! I don't think it's wrong to find a post-pubescent teen attractive; it's just human nature, but obviously that's as far as it should ever go.