Type keyword(s) to search

The Magicians Anticipation

Okay, well I think they improved upon Quentin with that casting, but I'm concerned about Julia. Good to see some of the Vancouver Acting Pool on the scifi stage again :-)

Although for as often as this is called Harry Potter for Grownups, that's a really inaccurate description of the actual novels. Book

the books are the Narnia Chronicles for grownups

Edited by stillshimpy

I saw a promo for this last night during another Syfy show.  I was surprised at the amount of cursing; I thought I had somehow accidentally gotten switched to the FX channel.  I didn't know that Syfy had crossed the line and gotten into allowing adult language. Is this the first show that's gone there or is this old news.  I only ever watched Face/Off, none of their series so I may just be behind the times.

I just found out about this series, & I'm hoping it's good. I read the books 

Unfortunately, they suffer from the curse of the trilogy, & the final book & ending are disappointing.

but I'm interested in seeing how they do the series.

Edited: Did anyone else watch the first episode?

Edited by GaT

I saw a promo for this last night during another Syfy show.  I was surprised at the amount of cursing; I thought I had somehow accidentally gotten switched to the FX channel.  I didn't know that Syfy had crossed the line and gotten into allowing adult language. Is this the first show that's gone there or is this old news.  I only ever watched Face/Off, none of their series so I may just be behind the times.

They're chasing the Peak TV model now, so they're upscaling their original series in the vain of FX or AMC.  Expect a lot more adult content.