Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Adelaide Kane

• Start Topic

I don't watch Reign, but Ms. Kane was so nice, I might give it a chance.

Ms. Kane was also the best at Helping Hands, as far as the CW incarnation is concerned, imo. She was funny, brought lines or situations out of Ryan and seemed to enjoy herself a little, even in character. The "I love your commitment to healthy eating " and "I love your dye job" were fun springboards for this game, which tends to only go for the gross or just anarchic for the lulz.  

It was fun to see more games that use all of the players. 

Intros: Wayne- Simply delicious; Jeff- Pretty tasty; Colin- Good source of fiber and Ryan- ugh, bring me a bucket.

Games: Questions, Scenes From a Hat, Duet, Party Quirks and Helping Hands.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 1
Ms. Kane was also the best at Helping Hands, as far as the CW incarnation is concerned, imo. She was funny, brought lines or situations out of Ryan and seemed to enjoy herself a little, even in character. The "I love your commitment to healthy eating " and "I love your dye job" were fun springboards for this game, which tends to only go for the gross or just anarchic for the lulz.

I agree.  That was the best Helping Hands I've seen in a long time.  I actually enjoyed it and I usually roll my eyes or ignore it.

• Love 1

She was really comfortable on stage, as if playing the character not the game. Previous guests have been able to lead Colin/Ryan around the table by going "Hey what's this?" but Adelaide made it seem natural. I was very impressed.

• Love 1

Agree - Adelaide was great, especially at Helping Hands. Don't know her but she seemed pretty cool. These shows seem SO short :(

God, I just love Jeff Davis. He is my favorite 4th chair. "Drew never got angry like this."

Party Quirks just gets more and more absurd. I laugh every time Ryan opens his envelope - he can never believe the crazy "quirks" they give him.

I love how they all have their "uniforms" too. Wayne almost always wears a motorcycle jacket, Jeff's always in a suit and tie, Colin and Ryan in their button downs. 

• Love 1

I think Jeff is my favorite 4th chair too. (Or Brad.)

Fun show. I love Questions Only. SFAH was good too. "Leak soup" was very clever.

Although I often roll my eyes at how convoluted the Party Quirks have become, I thought this one was good because both Colin's and Ryan's were "gettable." I haven't seen any Paranormal Activity movies, so I don't know how accurate Wayne's stuff was. Jeff didn't quite get it either. When Wayne came right up to the camera, I too thought he was doing Blair Witch Project. I understand that the Paranormal Activity movies are about cameras in someone's house catching spooky stuff, but I don't know how that genre could have been acted out to distinguish it from general haunted house movies.

Adelaide Kane was pretty good, though I still don't like having guest stars on. 

• Love 1

Been catching up on my Whose Line, and I find it kind of interesting that while I'm still not wild about the special guest stars, I realized that I actually find myself enjoying the ones that are CW stars.  I would have figured the more comic ones would be the strongest, but when I think about on the ones I enjoyed, I remember the guy from Hart of Dixie, the Vampire Diaries women, and even Robbie Amell, being more entertaining then I would have predicted.  And, now there is Adelaide Kane here, who I thought was actually kind of awesome.  Not sure if it's enough to make me watch Reign (the previews make it look way too soapy for my taste), but she's seems pretty cool.

I'm now kind of curious to see other potential CW stars give it a go.  Right now, my top choices are Grant Gustin, Rose McIver, anyone from Arrow, and a "special appearance" from Jesse L. Martin in Song Styles.  Also, while I don't watch Jane the Virgin, I think that Gina Rodriguez could probably fare well.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

I haven't seen any Paranormal Activity movies, so I don't know how accurate Wayne's stuff was. Jeff didn't quite get it either. When Wayne came right up to the camera, I too thought he was doing Blair Witch Project. I understand that the Paranormal Activity movies are about cameras in someone's house catching spooky stuff, but I don't know how that genre could have been acted out to distinguish it from general haunted house movies.

Yeah it's an odd choice to act out because they're mostly about subtlety. A cabinet swings open on its own, one person says its a demon and someone else says they're crazy. Repeat for 90 minutes. The only virtue I think is that they ramp up to a posession at the end and we know Wayne would do a fine job of trying to be normal and then having something happen to him. But from the performance I wasn't sure if he'd seen them either. Eh, good enough.