Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

I was the anon behind "Tad occupied." I think I actually managed to calm the tumblr fandom down with my stupid joke. :D

Cool! That isn't a stupid joke! It's funny XD

I came up with #tad only has a tad... we all know which flashlight Scully likes better ;).

Some of the tad jokes are pretty priceless. He's the new Diana Fowley.

• Love 1

Latest news: Mulder is back with the FBI for sure. Some people on set saw him flash a badge

Don't get your hopes up just yet. We don't know IF it IS an FBI badge or he's some sort of private detective/paranormal one.

Ahh, that's true, though I think it's pretty likely that he's an FBI agent again. Someone said he pointed to the sky while being filmed. Maybe he's talking to the homeless people about aliens? Home Again is supposed to be part of the mytharc, right? 

Ahh, that's true, though I think it's pretty likely that he's an FBI agent again. Someone said he pointed to the sky while being filmed. Maybe he's talking to the homeless people about aliens? Home Again is supposed to be part of the mytharc, right? 

Maybe.

As for the FBI agent thing, why would he even crawl back to them? It just doesn't make any sense after all him and Scully have been through.

This is pretty much my response to every spoiler we've heard so far.

Yep.

It's sounding more and more like the old Chris Carter dementia.

Or maybe:

Yep exactly. And the XF was never a walk in the park. So that's how I'm viewing things. Maybe, just maybe Chris realized that maybe he implied things a little too much? <-- what I said on another forum

So he's doing this to try to reboot and build the relationship in a more open and organic manner?

Remember what he said in another interview (Dread Central):

Dread Central: The relationship between Mulder and Scully has always been so complicated, even through the second movie. How hard was it balancing out their relationship and keeping true to what’s best for the characters versus what would make the fans happy most (seeing them happy together)?

Chris Carter: You know, we spent so much time and energy keeping them apart; I think that constantly fluctuating dynamic was something the fans really responded to. But then it felt dishonest after all those years that if they were going to still be together that they wouldn’t be together romantically. That’s why we ended up putting them together. And even though we’ve seen them together in bed on the big screen, we really haven’t seen that relationship explored or developed yet so I think there’s room to do that. I do think that we were rewarding expectation by putting Mulder and Scully together though; it would have been ridiculous to keep them apart.

Sourcehttp://www.dreadcentral.com/news/46894/exclusive-interview-creator-chris-carter-looks-back-at-the-x-files-discusses-potential-third-movie-and-more/

(edited)

argh. I never wanted a sex scene in the first place, so if that's his justification for all of this it makes everything so much worse...

I'm terrified of what he's done to her character. Scully always gets the short end of the stick in terms of characterization. 

Edited by Hidebehind

argh. I never wanted a sex scene in the first place, so if that's his justification for all of this it makes everything so much worse...

I'm terrified about what he's done to her character. Scully always gets the short end of the stick in terms of characterization. 

Neither did I for the most part (I don't a make out scene, but a sex scene... that can be kept to fan fic) XD. The poor guy can't win!

I'm thinking the opposite... if he's gone off the deep end :(. That scares me more than the Scully/Tad thing.

Mulder always has gone to dark places periodically, but he never stays there. Think of Duane Barry/One Breath, Gethsemane/Redux, the episodes in season 8 that I don't remember. He temporarily gets paralyzed, but always ends up taking action and getting things done. So, I'm not worried about him being in a dark place at the beginning.

Scully's characterization is definitely suffering. People hated the fact that Mulder had a one night stand while Scully was abducted, so how are they going to cope with Scully leaving Mulder and possibly dating some better looking Lone Gunmen type (btw, I don't believe that spoiler...it just doesn't make sense)? Scully's character is going to suffer in the audience's eye. Also, if she goes back to being skeptical about aliens and the government's involvement, she's as blind and stupid as her critics have always said. 

If it were anyone but Chris, I wouldn't have any worries, because all of these spoilers are just not logical. Maybe they would work as a completely new series, an actual reboot to the show, but as developed characters who have a devoted fan base, it really doesn't make sense to do this to them. Especially since there are only 6 episodes! But with Chris, this seems like something he would do. I know it's mean, but I don't think Chris actually has a lot of talent. The success of the show was due to the actors and the other writers who have gone on to have really successful careers.

• Love 2

Mulder always has gone to dark places periodically, but he never stays there. Think of Duane Barry/One Breath, Gethsemane/Redux, the episodes in season 8 that I don't remember. He temporarily gets paralyzed, but always ends up taking action and getting things done. So, I'm not worried about him being in a dark place at the beginning.

Scully's characterization is definitely suffering. People hated the fact that Mulder had a one night stand while Scully was abducted, so how are they going to cope with Scully leaving Mulder and possibly dating some better looking Lone Gunmen type (btw, I don't believe that spoiler...it just doesn't make sense)? Scully's character is going to suffer in the audience's eye. Also, if she goes back to being skeptical about aliens and the government's involvement, she's as blind and stupid as her critics have always said. 

If it were anyone but Chris, I wouldn't have any worries, because all of these spoilers are just not logical. Maybe they would work as a completely new series, an actual reboot to the show, but as developed characters who have a devoted fan base, it really doesn't make sense to do this to them. Especially since there are only 6 episodes! But with Chris, this seems like something he would do. I know it's mean, but I don't think Chris actually has a lot of talent. The success of the show was due to the actors and the other writers who have gone on to have really successful careers.

Good points.

I don't either. Not trying to be mean either... but it seems as if he's floundered since then. And post FTF, it seems as if he didn't have much of an idea of what to do with the mytharc.

But to be fair, let's take this to PM's. I don't mind talking about that aspect there.

On a lighter note, it's still hard to believe we could be talking about possible make out/sex scenes and these eps are being done by a group of Noromo writers. XD

(edited)

I'm terrified of what he's done to her character. Scully always gets the short end of the stick in terms of characterization.

Yes, with any new XF offering, I'm always nervous about two things: What he’s going to do to the relationship, and what he’s going to do to Scully.  And, yes, I always assume he’s going to fuck them up and just hope it’s not too bad – that way, I have room to be pleasantly surprised.

When I first read about the “they’ve been separated, and Scully dated someone,” tidbit I thought, “Okay.”  Another thing that, while far from my first choice, could be written in a way that makes sense – just not by Chris, and, bottom line, not the kind of storyline I think anyone is looking to have take up precious air time.  But when I read it was this conservative blogger character she supposedly dated, I thought, "Oh, please."  (Not that Scully is the liberal I’d love her to be, but a guy so conservative he devotes his life to ranting and raving on the internet?  Not to mention, another guy totally obsessed with something?)  And then that their history would be some big reveal at the end of the episode?  Not even CC is that tone deaf; this is not a damned soap opera.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3
(edited)

I've always thought it a testament to GA's acting ability that Scully is as sympathetic as she is. GA managed to make Scully's skepticism believable for a long time, but you can only suspend the audience's disbelief for so long. I don't want to see Scully revert to her season 1 self so the writers can cling to the tired "skeptic versus believer" dynamic.

EDIT: I hadn't really thought about this before, but maybe FOX is putting pressure on CC to develop the storyline in a specific way? It might not be his fault.

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/the-x-files-revival-blog/the-x-files-are-back-with-a-revival-series-gillian-anderson-david-duchovny-and-joel-mchale-on-set-day-2-of-production Here's some set photos, some of which I've never seen before.

http://take-that-mf.tumblr.com/image/122869195973

Very cool! This monster sounds like it could be a contender for the scariest X-Files villain. 

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 1

I've always thought it a testament to GA's acting ability that Scully is as sympathetic as she is. GA managed to make Scully's skepticism believable for a long time, but you can only suspend the audience's disbelief for so long. I don't want to see Scully revert to her season 1 self so the writers can cling to the tired "skeptic versus believer" dynamic.

EDIT: I hadn't really thought about this before, but maybe FOX is putting pressure on CC to develop the storyline in a specific way? It might not be his fault.

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/the-x-files-revival-blog/the-x-files-are-back-with-a-revival-series-gillian-anderson-david-duchovny-and-joel-mchale-on-set-day-2-of-production Here's some set photos, some of which I've never seen before.

http://take-that-mf.tumblr.com/image/122869195973

Very cool! This monster sounds like it could be a contender for the scariest X-Files villain. 

Maybe. And that would suck :(.

Yea it could be.

*ugh* Not feeling my best right now. This is becoming a bit of a joke. Just heard some news via Haven. So you guys go and check it out. It sounds like a reboot, via a way I was hoping that they wouldn't do. 

What's the news? 

Here's some set photos, some of which I've never seen before.

Those were cool, and I forgot to offer up this completely trivial analysis before: I like CC's new haircut.

What's the news? 

Those were cool, and I forgot to offer up this completely trivial analysis before: I like CC's new haircut.

They're back in the FBI. I don't even know how that could even be possible.

Lol, I didn't even really notice.

(edited)

I'm seeing at Haven that there is some talk about how the MOTW episodes take place in some time jump. Is this just speculation or has there been a spoiler that indicates this is a possibility?

If so...bleh. Is there anything about this revival that I'm going to like?!! I want at least one bit of good news, but I can't think of anything that would make up for all the bad stuff.

Edited by M.F. Luder

I'm seeing at Haven that there is some talk about how the MOTW episodes take place in some time jump. Is this just speculation or has there been a spoiler that indicates this is a possibility?

If so...bleh. Is there anything about this revival that I'm going to like?!! I want at least one bit of good news, but I can't think of anything that would make up for all the bad stuff.

I heard about that. I'm not sure of what to make of it. My best guess... is that maybe M & S are back together by ep 2. Anything that happened takes place in the first ep. Either they were apart and they were reuniting, or Mulder was undercover or something and they reunite.

I know. I've been feeling a bit :\ today over it. Mellow yet numb.

Putting this up here for the heck of it:

tumblr_nqq7wmgKKe1uxjtwro1_500.jpg

Me mellowing is basically me deciding to not watch the revival. I've already put in 2 seasons worth of watching bullshit out of loyalty to characters. I don't feel like doing it again (but I know I'll still watch at least the first episode because I'm a glutton for punishment apparently).

http://41.media.tumblr.com/6fc82efbc736cbf61db004bea23f5095/tumblr_nqrsjcvgV71qcbf8oo3_1280.jpg

LOL, Mulder has pictures of stars on his wall. And that lamp (?) looks like a planet.  

It looks like the inside of the IWTB house, so I guess Mulder lives there, and Scully lives... with Tad? (I'm sorry guys).

XD But we all know that Tad is only a 'tad' bit endowed ;).

I don't think so... did you check out the one where they were sitting at a desk? If Mulder is working in the living room... could that be Scully's office? Someone on Haven just brought this up. And it makes sense. The whole investigator thing does, more than the FBI imo.

Me mellowing is basically me deciding to not watch the revival. I've already put in 2 seasons worth of watching bullshit out of loyalty to characters. I don't feel like doing it again (but I know I'll still watch at least the first episode because I'm a glutton for punishment apparently).

Yea I can relate :(. But at least in some ways 8 and 9 were kind of tolerable. Tad... not so much :X.

It looks like the inside of the IWTB house, so I guess Mulder lives there, and Scully lives... with Tad? (I'm sorry guys).

If they are living separately at the outset, my guess would be Mulder stayed in that sad house from IWTB and Scully took an apartment near the hospital (which is hopefully not the Hospital of Perpetual Darkness and Gloom from IWTB).

• Love 1

I'm calling it for the record (and slightly because of the picture and just for fun.....). Considering how TV and movies have jumped onto the zombie bandwagon these last few years.....

Alien-Human hybrid gone wrong, that the result is a Zombified Humalien. Just saying. *grin*

Latest news: Mulder is back with the FBI for sure. Some people on set saw him flash a badge.

I don't remember the end of IWTB...Mulder and Scully were helping the FBI, but at the end, they didn't invite them back? Did they leave it open for either to return? I don't remember, if one of you awesome people could remind me. I'm banking though that Mulder is back with the FBI for sure. Mulder will do it, because he wants access to the X-Files and wants the resources. Just speculation.

There was some stupid line (I know, the whole movie is stupid lines) about all being forgiven - meaning no lingering charges against Mulder for his supposed crimes or escape - if Mulder helped with the case.  Mulder, of course, had a they forgive me? response, but did work with them.  So, yeah, IWTB cleared the way for reinstatement -- setting aside logistics, like Mulder being close to mandatory retirement age and both of them needing to re-qualify.  Since fiction plays fast and loose with pesky details like that, my guess is it will be a scenario where if they want to return, they can.

• Love 1

So, yeah, IWTB cleared the way for reinstatement -- setting aside logistics, like Mulder being close to mandatory retirement age and both of them needing to re-qualify.  Since fiction plays fast and loose with pesky details like that, my guess is it will be a scenario where if they want to return, they can.

Yeah, if Scully can suddenly be a brain surgeon in IWTB, then they're not above hand waving an explanation for reinstatement. How old is Skinner? Was he above the retirement age during IWTB? Maybe it doesn't matter for him because he's not a field agent.

• Love 1

I'm calling it for the record (and slightly because of the picture and just for fun.....). Considering how TV and movies have jumped onto the zombie bandwagon these last few years.....

Alien-Human hybrid gone wrong, that the result is a Zombified Humalien. Just saying. *grin*

Apparently "his" name is Band-aid Nose Man. He reminds me of Slenderman. :D

If they end up doing another season, I always thought an episode loosely based off of this could be great... (hint hint if you're reading this, CC).

• Love 1
(edited)

Keeps getting better and better

From article:

Forget Mulder and Scully (just kidding, we could never), it's time to meet Einstein and Miller. The X-Files will introduce two new, young FBI agents who are pretty similar to Mulder and Scully back in the day. They could become recurring fixtures. Maybe.

But at least Scully's looking pretty good:

gillian-812x522.jpg

Edited by M.F. Luder

Seriously, because that would be about 17 kinds of stupid (18 - I forgot to add a point for naming one Einstein).  This is supposed to be a revival of the old show, not a back-door pilot for a reboot. 

• Love 3

I'm hoping that they're part of Darin Morgan's episode, and thus, shouldn't be taken seriously.

The name Einstein and the fact that Darin Morgan's episode is about a were-monster (supposedly) makes me think of the Dean Koontz novel The Watchers which is about a dog named Einstein that has human intelligence. Probably just a small coincidence, but my mind immediately made that connection.

(edited)

I'm starting to think this revival must be that spoof Gillian Anderson always wanted to make. o_O

M.F. Luder--I hope you're right. Or maybe they're trying to make the leaked rumors increasingly absurd so we'll get the hint that it's all lies (please...)

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 2

They're trying really hard to make sure no old fans enjoy this revival. Maybe it'll appeal to young people who never watched the show to begin with. And maybe that's ultimately what they wanted to do. Here I was thinking they were doing this as a gift to long-term fans as a way of closure and revisiting the characters we loved.

• Love 3

WTF?! O_o I just read some really f'd up stuff over on Haven about Tad and Scully having champagne in a limo. Thankfully she ditches him, but now I'm PISSED again!

>:(

This is MESSED up.

Not happy right now.

I really hope this is undercover related, because this is one BAD joke. 

I hope that some of these leaks are fakes because I'm :X in my mouth a little.

• Love 1

WTF?! O_o I just read some really f'd up stuff over on Haven about Tad and Scully having champagne in a limo. Thankfully she ditches him, but now I'm PISSED again!

Please elaborate on this. I might as well rub salt in the wound. : D

I'm starting to think this revival must be that spoof Gillian Anderson always wanted to make. o_O

M.F. Luder--I hope you're right. Or maybe they're trying to make the leaked rumors increasingly absurd so we'll get the hint that it's all lies (please...)

I hope that he's right too. Because all that's coming out is really terrible.

Please elaborate on this. I might as well rub salt in the wound. : D

Remember those night time pics we saw of Scully coming out of the limo? I think that's the scene that has to do with that. They were 'sharing' it. Which makes me want to :X even more.

I hope that he's right too. Because all that's coming out is really terrible.

I'm a she!! :) 

We desperately need something good to be leaked. Even if it's just something like "Scully actually laughs and has fun for 1 second in her life". 

• Love 2

Remember those night time pics we saw of Scully coming out of the limo? I think that's the scene that has to do with that. They were 'sharing' it. Which makes me want to :X even more.

Ten days ago I would have laughed, but now I believe it :(

• Love 1

What's the context for this alleged champagne in a limo scene -- a date, or something else?  And who/what is the source?

It's from Haven. Same source as before. 

There's nothing else to it other than what I mentioned for the most part.

Came across this via XFN on Twitter. It offers an interesting take on the situation. And NO Tad mention!  :D