Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Spoof!

• Start Topic

Kennedy's a lot like Alyssa. Able to dance the the house down, but still has that middle aged man stomach.

Whoo watermelon, if I were you I'd lock my doors at night, because Alyssa Edwards is going to hire a hacker who will find out your name and address, then she's comin' for 'ya.  If any indication of how she reacted to that "backfat" comment in her season.  Fierce queen, there.

Anyway, I thought Pearl looked awful as that snake.  She looked like a total man.  Her LFYL was alright.  I think that Ru thought she has more potential and variety then Trixi.  Trixi was always going to be what she was.  And her Chinese/Mandarin outfit was hideous, it made her look like she had a fat ass, and not a "good' fat ass (like Kennedy does). But it does seem unfair that the best video, TANNING, was based on her idea, then she gets booted.

Violet did Adore well.  Adore--so busted, but so endearing.

Edited by WhineandCheez

Whoo watermelon, if I were you I'd lock my doors at night, because Alyssa Edwards is going to hire a hacker who will find out your name and address, then she's comin' for 'ya.  If any indication of how she reacted to that "backfat" comment in her season.  Fierce queen, there.

Anyway, I thought Pearl looked awful as that snake.  She looked like a total man.  Her LFYL was alright.  I think that Ru thought she has more potential and variety then Trixi.  Trixi was always going to be what she was.  And her Chinese/Mandarin outfit was hideous, it made her look like she had a fat ass, and not a "good' fat ass (like Kennedy does). But it does seem unfair that the best video, TANNING, was based on her idea, then she gets booted.

Violet did Adore well.  Adore--so busted, but so endearing.

You mean, "Backrolls?!"  

I kinda thought Trixie always made herself look like a plus size queen. An easy size 14 if you will.

• Love 1

I've only seen this one and based on it, I thought Trixie was the obvious choice for the boot. She was a hot mess during that video shoot, and she didn't pull it out during the final video. Botching a spoof when you bill yourself as a comedy queen is a much bigger deal than giving a mediocre performance when you're not. On top of that, she didn't seem to have any connection to "Dreaming." It could have been any song at roughly the same tempo and she would have pulled out the same moves. Pearl gave me chills with the look on her face in that final "Dreaming." It just seemed like her entire heart was plugged into the emotional vibe of that video. 

I think what Pearl needs to change her game is to see camera footage to see how her bedroom eyes are coming across. What she thinks is sexy and smoldering is coming across as half-asleep. But all she needs is to keep her eyes open a little wider. That was the main difference between her LSFYL performance and her runway. When she was doing the lip sync, she kept her eyes open more so that they could give intensity. When she did the runway, her eyes were weighed down by the eyelashes. She can't see the effect of this, so that's why she's so confused. It has nothing to do with her actual energy level or what she feels internally. If she could just be shown the footage, she'd get it. And once she got those eyes open for the LSFYL, her makeup was amazing and her energy was intense. I totally saw why she feels like she goes wild on stage because there really was power and magic in her face.

Edited by Zuleikha
  • Love 2

I will say that Pearl's lipsync was more on point when it came to the actual lyrics, and yeah, her eyes are commanding when she actually opens them, but her moves were so repetative. 

I'm also sad that people don't know "Dreaming."  Really?  What?  Do they at least know "heart of Glass"?

I know "Heart of Glass", but I really don't know "Dreaming", the song is not catchy enough to remember for me, and the only song I know from Blondie by name that I like is "Call Me", which after hearing "Dreaming", I think "Call Me" would have been a better song to LSFYL.  Though I think the songs so far for the lip synchs have been so blah, I would love to hear great songs with lots of excitement or emotions like "It's Raining Men" when Sharon vs Phi Phi or "I'm so Excited" when Coco vs Jade (I thought they should have both stayed, that was such a good performance from both).

That was such pure BS that Trixie landed in the bottom and then got sent home, when neither of those things were supposed to happen based on her performance in the video and the LSFYL, I just don't get it, there were at least 3 other people who should have landed besides Pearl in that bottom two before Trixie.  Trixie, what a handsome guy, and an interesting take on drag too, I think in general I prefer performance drag queens over those that depend purely on looks. 

And this is an unpopular opinion, but Adore for me got wayyyy too far in the competition (she should have lost out to Trinity during that lip synch), and I just don't see the charm, at the best, I thought that was a tolerable personality, sometimes funny.  At worst, she grates on my nerves with her whiny voice. 

• Love 4

I know "Heart of Glass", but I really don't know "Dreaming", the song is not catchy enough to remember for me, and the only song I know from Blondie by name that I like is "Call Me", which after hearing "Dreaming", I think "Call Me" would have been a better song to LSFYL.  Though I think the songs so far for the lip synchs have been so blah, I would love to hear great songs with lots of excitement or emotions like "It's Raining Men" when Sharon vs Phi Phi or "I'm so Excited" when Coco vs Jade (I thought they should have both stayed, that was such a good performance from both).

And this is an unpopular opinion, but Adore for me got wayyyy too far in the competition (she should have lost out to Trinity during that lip synch), and I just don't see the charm, at the best, I thought that was a tolerable personality, sometimes funny.  At worst, she grates on my nerves with her whiny voice. 

This season's LSFYL songs have been achingly boring.  It seems like the budget has gotten way low, Kylie Miinogue songs? And not the one that was a smash in America? Blondie songs that were probably a B-side?  I just don't get what's going on.  You'd never know the show was able to swing a Rihanna song once upon a time.

I've always thought Adore/Trinity should have been the week of the double save.  Regardless of what anybody says, Darienne killed Dela in the lipsynch and it was bullshit that Ru kept them both that week.  I know the edit was Ben = terminally delightful awesomesauce and Darienne = beautiful but bitchy/hateful, but IDC. Darienne was better. By a country mile.  

I can't disagree that Adore should have left earlier, but I can't think of anyone I would have preferred to see in her place.

• Love 1

This happens on other shows, too (Project Runway, I'm looking at you), but I think the constant team challenges are stifling this group.  Some of their collective worst moments have been a direct result of being stuck on a team without a say in what's happening, or trying to cater to teammates who aren't all at the same performance level in whatever skill.  I wonder if we'd have seen more of Trixie and Pearl (and even Candy), if they'd alternated team and solo every other week instead of 3 in a row on teams.

• Love 3

I had forgotten to mention, WTF is up with Jessica Alba?  She looks extremely different.  Anyone know what's up--maybe she's been using her natural cleaning products on her face (Oh Ru, you'll take anyone's product placement)

She's had her nose worked on a couple of times (some before and after pictures make it VERY obvious) and she's had a boob job. It wouldn't surprise me to learn she's had some botox done as well. If there is anything else (other than her face naturally changing with age, dieting, and pregnancy/kids), then I can't figure it out.

And I was just surprised Ru didn't give a website to go to when mentioning her products! (That's boobsforqueens.com!)

• Love 2

i finally got to watch this ep., and IMHO Pearl lucked out in the LSFYL. She was so lackadaisical, she had the same arm movements and she just meandered around the stage. guess she was fortunate that the song was about dreaming. Her attitude toward Ru was stanky. It doesn't seem like Ru is liking this set of queens very much.