Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: One Is The Loneliest Number

I liked this episode.  It was nice to get a break from the David drama.

I'm a softie, so while it was tough to watch Mark struggle with his breakup, I didn't feel sorry for him, either.  He brought it on himself.  He treated Eric like a sidepiece, so I didn't blame Eric for moving on.  No one wants to feel invisible in their relationship.

I'm losing track of Patrick's children.  There's Niecy, of course, but is the child featured in this episode the one he had with the woman his mother hated last season? I think they met in rehab, and Mama Shug Avery accused her of stealing her bracelet.

I wasn't feeling Kara's ex-husband's entitled tone during that phone call about money.  What does he do for a living, anyway?

• Love 2

I'm still processing, but first impression:  they couldn't make MJ and Kara any bitchier so they dialed both of them all the way back to "go."

Ah, the love of a good man will cure what ails you.  Really, show?

I liked the Mark story--crying with a good friend but keeping it classy on the phone with the ex.  I rewound so I could memorize that line if I ever need it:  "All the very best of luck and, hey, really, don't feel obligated to ever call me again."  Hee.

I can barely remember when a horrible, stressful day at work made me want to dress up and go out instead of curling up on the couch with Ben and Jerry.

• Love 4

Daysha is the child Patrick had with the white woman.

Patrick needs to take the $20,000 he's trying to spend looking for Tracy and use it to get custody of Daysha.  Or ask his parents if they can take her.

Sheldon would've gotten the "click click-up" if he ever asked me why I'm barren.

Gael still gives me the creeps.

• Love 5

I am also confused about the number of children Patrick has. I believe this little girl's mother, Tracy, is the white woman who was living in his parents home with everyone last season. I may have her mixed with Neicy, but for some reason I thought she was pregnant too.

The other thing about this story I didn't quite understand is why the little girl didn't call him about mommy not coming home. Maybe I was a pain in the ass kid, but I totally would have been like "Daddy, can I live with you? Mom isn't here a lot and I'm scared/hungry/lonely." The writers don't give us enough information about this relationship to fully understand what is happening. I have a feeling they will recon the holes later as it serves them and that is a big problem with this show.

Sheenieb, I agree with you about Kara's husband and Mark's situation.

• Love 1

Yeah, Kara's husband is out walking the dog while she's at work. Does he have a job? If not, he needs to get one real fast.

$20,000? Is that what the text that Patrick got said? He needs to just call the police. Plus, he lives in a hole. Where would he get the money?

Got to say, I did not miss, Niecy or David at all.   Enjoying the Sheldon/MJ late night phone calls, and slow (for MJ) relationship build.  Not looking forward to how the show will mess it all up. 

The other thing about this story I didn't quite understand is why the little girl didn't call him about mommy not coming home. Maybe I was a pain in the ass kid, but I totally would have been like "Daddy, can I live with you? Mom isn't here a lot and I'm scared/hungry/lonely." The writers don't give us enough information about this relationship to fully understand what is happening. I have a feeling they will recon the holes later as it serves them and that is a big problem with this show.

I can totally see her not saying anything.  To her, the situation was normal.  She wasn't afraid, she knew how to pour a bowl of cereal and get herself ready to school.  Her mother may have told her not to tell anyone else, or she'd be taken away.  Kids will do anything to protect their mother.  Happens alot with abuse/neglected kids.  

Got to say, I did not miss, Niecy or David at all.   Enjoying the Sheldon/MJ late night phone calls, and slow (for MJ) relationship build.  Not looking forward to how the show will mess it all up. 

I can totally see her not saying anything.  To her, the situation was normal.  She wasn't afraid, she knew how to pour a bowl of cereal and get herself ready to school.  Her mother may have told her not to tell anyone else, or she'd be taken away.  Kids will do anything to protect their mother.  Happens alot with abuse/neglected kids.  

I agree. It was just strange because they seemed to imply that Patrick regularly sees her so it was a little off.

I'm a softie, so while it was tough to watch Mark struggle with his breakup, I didn't feel sorry for him, either.  He brought it on himself.

True, but could MJ have been any less supportive? Maybe her snarkiness is a normal part of their friendship, but the things she said to Mark were horrible--in my opinion.   "Are you going to tell me what's going on, or am I going to have to guess?" "I figured something was wrong because you didn't take out your garbage can"--delivered with absolutely no concern in her voice.   And in response to Mark telling her that Eric was gone: "Oh, I thought you were going to tell me your dad died."  As much as Mark has listened to her boo-hoo about David, Married Guy, and her family, MJ seemed annoyed that Mark was so torn up about a man.  --I did agree with MJ that Mark needed to pull it together so he could go to work.

I really liked Kara in this episode. Great point about her working her fingers to the bone while her husband walked the dog and asked for more money. Don't they have a child support agreement?

--And she's a great producer. The network runs like a well-oiled machine because of her,

I felt so bad for Patrick. I know everyone was hypersensitive because of the school shooting, but a dad can't sit in front of his child's school reading a book while he waits for dismissal? Not a black man, apparently.

• Love 1