Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: A Two Story Town

The entire gang pitches in when Tom reveals he has a crush on a woman. As Jules runs mission control, Grayson tries to keep Tom from saying something weird, Andy buys them movie tickets, Laurie and Travis set up a heroic moment for him, and Ellie and Chick mock the whole proceedings - all with disastrous results.

Always be sure to recycle.

No title cards! No! You do not recycle an old episode and just change every instance of Bobby & Angie to Tom & Mary. [Expletives deleted]. Being "meta" and having the characters talk about telling the same story over again is not good enough. I thought the writers were lazy and repetitive but they just took it to a whole new level.

Only moment I laughed at was Mary thinking karate chopping the air like Tom Cruise didn't make you run faster and Laurie told her she was doing it wrong.

• Love 2

Another awful episode. Why did Tom need to prove to Mary that he was a good doctor? Didn't he perform a life-saving operation on her brother? Isn't that how he met her?

The only thing that was slightly "aww!" inducing was Tom saying some people are meant to be alone.

Thank god it's finally over next week.

• Love 2
The only thing that was slightly "aww!" inducing was Tom saying some people are meant to be alone.

That may have hit me a little more personally than it should have. 

One more week of this. Damn my being a completionist. I hope that's a real word.

I have about 4 shows (including this one) that I really wish I could quit. I feel you on the completionist tendencies. 

• Love 2

I thought this was the series finale until I came here, so just imagine how pissed off I was.  Now I'm happy.  (Everything is relative!)

I did laugh out loud at the "sorry wrong number," which caught me completely off guard - I was not expecting a punchline there. 

So, I guess the Grey's-Anatomy Tom thing never really happened? (Change approved!) Because even if he really likes Mary in a way he didn't like all those other women, he could still apply some of that mojo on a first date.

And to achieve date-fail, Travis, Andy and Grayson had to be remarkably dumb.

Personally, I think "I've been waiting for you my whole life" is pretty heavy to lay on someone on a first date, but I'm no expert. 

• Love 2

The only funny things in this episode were Ellie and Chick teaming up and the beginning were Laurie said that she wasn't supposed to cry until next week. The rest has been done I thought I was watching a repeat.

Personally, I think "I've been waiting for you my whole life" is pretty heavy to lay on someone on a first date, but I'm no expert.

Especially since he had a wife he presumably loved who died, and children by her.

That may have hit me a little more personally than it should have.

Yeah, maybe for me too.

I thought the woman who played "Mary" had also starred in the "Scrubs" episode where everybody sang because of her brain tumor, but it's a different actress.

• Love 1
I thought the woman who played "Mary" had also starred in the "Scrubs" episode where everybody sang because of her brain tumor, but it's a different actress.

It's the girl from the Red Robin commercials! (And apparently other things but I recognized her from Red Robin commercials)

Geez, they're not even trying anymore. Dust off an old script and just change the names? Why did they even bother coming back this season? i actually appreciate Tom's weirdness in small doses but this episode was the definition of a throw-away. They might as well have done a clip show.

• Love 1

One more week of this. Damn my being a completionist. I hope that's a real word.

I am the same way. It took me several lackluster seasons of Bones and Castle for me to finally drop both shows despite my Jossverse actor loyalty and my completionist nature. I keep saying I am going to quit watching Grey's Anatomy and then I watch it out of habit, which is what I did with ER too. I'm not even hate watching which would at least arouse some emotion in me. I am bored watching shows like Cougar Town and trying to remember why I liked it in the first place.

I am bored watching shows like Cougar Town and trying to remember why I liked it in the first place

Because at one time, this was a sweet little show about some likable, goofy people who lived in a cul de sac of a small Florida town. They stayed too long at the fair and turned into a bunch of stupid, nasty losers.
  • Love 2

I totally didn't remember the Bobby version of the story until I read it here. And even now I only remember it vaguely. I do agree that it just seemed like a chance to give the Tom character a win after all those years of him being the creepy weirdo that people treat poorly.

Also speaking of creepy the "I've been waiting for you my whole life" line on a first date was way creepier than anything else that Tom said in the episode.

• Love 2