Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Romeo

After a student is found murdered, Pierce tries to find the killer while defending the victim's boyfriend, who is believed to be mentally ill and guilty of the crime. Meanwhile, Pierce must confront his feelings as Kate and Donnie prepare for their wedding day.

Speaking of big ol' red flags: Who brings a large wrapped gift into the church for the ceremony?  Nothing weird there.  

I have to admit I did like the way they portrayed how we all see at least two opposing sides to any decision. Eric McCormack can't figure out if the right thing is to let her go or to let her know that he loves her, and that's the kind of dilemma everybody faces at some point.  For once the hallucinations really served a purpose in developing, rather than defining, his character.  

That said, devoting half the story to how he figures out that the name was Roger Jackson was pointlessly convoluted at best.

• Love 1

That said, devoting half the story to how he figures out that the name was Roger Jackson was pointlessly convoluted at best.

They did that again?

I had to turn off the show just after the co-ed was found dead.  I'm guessing her ex-boyfriend was not the killer.  Was it the professor with whom she was supposed to have been having an affair or someone else?

Speaking of big ol' red flags: Who brings a large wrapped gift into the church for the ceremony?  Nothing weird there.

It depends on where the reception will be held.  I've been to some weddings where the reception is in the church hall.  Some people brought in the presents to leave them in the hall during the ceremony, others went back to their cars to get the gift.

That said, in general, yes it would be unusual for someone to bring the gift to the ceremony.  Why was she invited to the wedding in the first place?

Edited by elle
  • Love 1

^ She wasn't.  She's stalking Scott Wolf.  Scott Wolf told her it wasn't appropriate for them to continue contact after the trial.  She showed up uninvited at the rehearsal dinner anyway and Eric McCormick made her leave.  Ditto when she showed up to the wedding.  The reception wasn't planned for the church hall -- and you're right, if it had been, the big gift wouldn't have been as strange.  Given that she'd already been identified as a psycho stalker, I'd have thought Eric McCormick would have checked it for chloroform and weapons.  I was disappointed when she didn't put on that ugly wedding dress and march down the aisle instead of Kate.

• Love 1

Oh, I believe Daniel does love Kate (in TV land), but is conflicted about whether it would be good thing (for her) to declare his love.  I agree with Fine Washables that they did a great job of portraying Daniel's feelings and why he is hesitating.  

Do you think the show is going to surprise us and Daniel won't end up with Kate?  Maybe they will leave it open.

Hey, Donnie could end up with Tasha (ha ha).

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 1

I assumed Daniel wasn't sure what to do until he saw how happy Kate was and decided what he wanted most of all was for her to be happy and therefore said nothing about his feelings.

Oh I do hope so!  Just from what we've seen of his character, given time I think Daniel would realize that his feelings were love of Kate but not *being in love with* Kate.

^ She wasn't.  She's stalking Scott Wolf.  Scott Wolf told her it wasn't appropriate for them to continue contact after the trial.  She showed up uninvited at the rehearsal dinner anyway and Eric McCormick made her leave.  Ditto when she showed up to the wedding.  The reception wasn't planned for the church hall -- and you're right, if it had been, the big gift wouldn't have been as strange.  Given that she'd already been identified as a psycho stalker, I'd have thought Eric McCormick would have checked it for chloroform and weapons.  I was disappointed when she didn't put on that ugly wedding dress and march down the aisle instead of Kate.

Thanks for the explanation!  And a Ha! to your last comment.  It would have given her plan away and not make it look like Donnie was jilted but it would have been a good scene.

So what was the resolution to the "Case of the Week"?

...Given that she'd already been identified as a psycho stalker, I'd have thought Eric McCormick would have checked it for chloroform and weapons.  I was disappointed when she didn't put on that ugly wedding dress and march down the aisle instead of Kate.

Ha! It was so ugly! Maybe they wanted to be sure Kate didn't look the least bit sexually attractive in the scenes with Daniel? I am so relieved he is not "in love" with her that nobody will convince me otherwise.

Anyway, I was totally expecting the stalker to come down the aisle in a bridesmaid dress, but, yeah, having her come down the aisle in the wedding dress would have made more sense.

And I was sure the box had a gun with which she was going to shoot Donny because "If I can't have him, nobody can," and then Daniel and Kate would stroll off into the sunset. At least that didn't happen!!

• Love 1

Hey shapeshifter, that's an interesting idea.  Tasha could still shoot Donny next week when they all go to rescue Kate.   Not that I want Kate and Daniel together, but I think the show does.

• Love 2

When Daniel goes back to Kate's dressing room behind the church, perhaps to say he loves her, he bumps into a freestanding clothes rack with a hooded robe and some kind of bib hanging on it.  Daniel bumps into the rack again on the way out of the room, so we will be sure to notice the rack.  A few minutes later, when everyone comes rushing back to the dressing room, Kate's bridal gown is laying on the floor and the robe and bib are gone from the clothes rack.  Is that what she had on when she left?  I imagine so.

• Love 3

I might have to rethink the whole Tasha thing.  The description for next week's episode says Kate is kidnapped by someone from Daniel's past.  I can't believe it isn't Tasha. 

Not trying to humble brag or whatever, but High Def is not this show's friend. The green-screen scenes are so obvious on my TV that they are distracting and take me out of the moment.

Well, still, don't kick your ol' big ass high end tv out of bed for cookie crumbs.  : )   My screen is fairly large, but I'm shocked at how many shows hold up a text message I'm supposed to be able to read and how many plot-crucial details are just a smudge.  Pffft.

• Love 1