Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Small Markets, Big Dreams

They were so close to getting a deal.  I don't know why the sister felt entitled to more than a salary-especially as the salary would be more than either one of them is getting at this point.

I suspect it's SSS -- Special Snowflake Syndrome.

• Love 1

The sister was definitely the greater problem. The way she micromanaged the experienced waitstaff was just another sign that she'd be hell to work with. But they were both stubborn, which doesn't work in the real world of business.

To me it seemed like they were spoiled. They weren't used to being told no (esp the sister). I'm sorry, but if I'm too good to work for someone, then I don't need an investor to come in because you will have to answer to them, whether they pay your salary or not. It seemed to me like she was very hard to get along with. If I were the waitstaff and she talked to me the way that she talked to them, I would probably not finish the service.

• Love 2

How much did they charge for the truffle pasta dish??  I thought I heard them say "$75" at one point (!!??) but then Joe was talking about dishes in the $30-35 range. I know truffles are expensive, but $75 for a pasta dish seems outrageous to me.

I understand why, as investors, joe and Tim chose the brother/sister team (higher potential revenue/NYC area), but I am sorry they didn't pick the the Peculiar people - they seemed like more fun, more professional, more mature, less entitled and their food looked good.  I admit my bias here - I am sometimes in that area, and would love to have a good gastropub available.

• Love 1