Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Savoir Faire

• Start Topic

Members of the team investigate the death of an Afghanistan soldier training in the US.

Sacré bleu!  Mais ils survivront pour combattre un autre jour?

Plaisanterie.

• Love 2

Sorry. I posted that I didn't understand MostlyC's post but then thought about it and decided maybe it was because I had not seen the episode.  So I came on to try and delete my post and it won't let me.  

Now I have seen it. Merci, MostlyC!

Edited by gibasi
  • Love 1

I agree that this episode was not a standout, but there were certainly things I liked.  My favorite thing was that I really didn't know whether the Afghani soldiers were good guys or bad guys until the characters figured it out.  It was a very well played mystery, given that I can usually peg the outcome on this show within the first five minutes.

Also, that moment with Deeks talking about himself as a public defender was priceless!  I hope that is a prelude to some more expanded reference to his time as a lawyer.  That is something that was teased a few months ago, and a facet of his character that could use some exploration.  How does someone like Deeks go from being a public defender (fighting for the rights of indigent petty criminals) to being a cop (putting criminals in jail)? My head-canon is that Deeks wants to protect the un-protected, and that he figured out as a public defender that the petty criminals are forced into their bad life choices by circumstances beyond their control (addiction, class, bad circumstances), and get victimized not only by the system but also by the well-funded, well-organized, ruthless bad guys.  So as a cop, he could actually stop the real bad guys, and save the little petty criminals before they get sucked into the life.

I read some spoilers that hint that Deeks' past as a lawyer and in the LAPD may come into play this season, so I hope we hear more about this.

• Love 2

I can't believe they didn't show us Granger and Sam going head to head in the burpee contest!

I very much like that thus far, Deeks and Kensi act the same in a tense work situation. Meaning, he doesn't try to protect her or go in first or make her wait outside. He trusts her and her training. The added workday flirting is just a bonus!

• Love 2

I can't believe they didn't show us Granger and Sam going head to head in the burpee contest!

I very much like that thus far, Deeks and Kensi act the same in a tense work situation. Meaning, he doesn't try to protect her or go in first or make her wait outside. He trusts her and her training. The added workday flirting is just a bonus!

I agree BetsyBoo. I'm very glad to see that neither is acting overprotective of other. When they inevitably get found out, at least the argument can be made that their work has not been affected.

• Love 2

I agree BetsyBoo. I'm very glad to see that neither is acting overprotective of other. When they inevitably get found out, at least the argument can be made that their work has not been affected.

Third. This is the rare completed ship where the characters don't immediately get stupid. Thumbs up.

• Love 3

I may have run out of interest for this show.  It was never a favorite, but it amused me consistently.  I haven't been watching new episodes when they air, but checking in on On Demand at some point.  With the last two new episodes, I haven't even done that.