Type keyword(s) to search

Samantha And Laura Leigh

Sam is really odd to me. I have a feeling that when we get an update on this couple a year from now, Laura will be long gone and Sam will have gotten back together with an ex. I hope not, but Sam seems to have idea what a boundary is.

• Love 2

Hard to believe, after watching Sam's actions at the reception, that they'd been together 7 yrs when this was filmed. How do you disrespect your wife, who you've been with that long, like that? She acted as though she'd just recently been living the single life.

Unfortunately, this is the couple that I don't think will make it.

• Love 2

Unfortunately, this is the couple that I don't think will make it.

I don't think they will either. From what's been shown so far, Laura allows/accept Sam to get away with quite a bit. Further background information given in this episode during their trip to Los Angeles, and how much of a miserable experience it was for Laura when they lived there. Add to that the discussion of the wedding seating and the uncomfortable snipping back and forth in front of their friends, not a good look, but a real one. I don't think they'll make it. I just can't figure out which one is going to be the one to call it quits first. 

• Love 2

They seem to have nothing at all in common and no real affection for each other. They seem like a couple who have been together for a month or so and realize that there's just not much there, instead of years.  I saw the red flags when Sam was kissing other women at the wedding in a very handsy inappropriate way. And Laura feels ignored and gets no sex? Put the two together and it's not good.

I think these two married way too soon, and I don't think they seem to have anything in common about their goals for their life together.   I really think Laura is very influenced by the lifestyle and money Sam can provide, and I don't think that she actually seems to have that much in common with Sam herself.  

Laura comes off as really fascinated by her own lesbianism. And I think it's weird how they keep being like "Omg, we were sorority sisters and now we're LOVERS and we're MARRIED" (okay, not an exact quote, but that's how it feels). At first I thought it was just the show's storyline for them, but Laura is writing a memoir about it. It's weird to me. I feel like they're always just telling each other "the story of us" and their past but they really don't seem into their actual real-time relationship.

• Love 4

Laura comes off as really fascinated by her own lesbianism. And I think it's weird how they keep being like "Omg, we were sorority sisters and now we're LOVERS and we're MARRIED" (okay, not an exact quote, but that's how it feels). At first I thought it was just the show's storyline for them, but Laura is writing a memoir about it. It's weird to me. I feel like they're always just telling each other "the story of us" and their past but they really don't seem into their actual real-time relationship.

I posted about this in the episode thread. Yeah, the element of shocking rebellion in their relationship seems really important to Laura. Much more so than I would think is healthy for a 28 year old who seems to have a very strong family support system. She always seems to harp on the obstacles in their relationship (sorority lesbian couple, infidelity, whatever the fuck happened in LA which I am still confused about, the money issues, different backgrounds, Sam dad being in jail) as proof of their love and specialness, but I'm starting to doubt how much she would want to be with Sam if it weren't for those issues. I don't think she likes Sam nearly as much as she likes the romantic narrative arch of their story. At times it feels like the marriage is Laura's way of telling everyone in her life that thought this was a bad idea to fuck off. Even worse, I kind of feel like Sam is on the list of people Laura is getting back at. Laura creeps me the fuck out. The girl ain't right.

I think these two married way too soon

When they got married they'd been together for over nine years so I don't know what length of time you'd consider not too soon.

I think it's all for her to sell her book.

• Love 2