Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Enemy of My Enemies

An explosion on the Liberty Oil pipeline in Backstrom's childhood home of Cooch County leads his estranged father, Sheriff Blue Backstrom, to Portland. Father and son, along with the Special Crimes Unit (S.C.U.), race to find the suspected eco-terrorist, before he/she strikes again. Meanwhile, Backstrom must confront old demons when dealing with his revered father, and romances are stirred when ex-fiancée Amy pays Backstrom a late-night visit.

I liked it more than I thought I would, but what a waste of Adam Beach! And yummy Valentine. :(

Despite his anger, I think the squad has it's Sterling ( the insurance investigator -turned-INTERPOL nemesis for the Leverage gang.)

And now I want to meet Everett's older siblings!

(edited)

Knew about Robert Forster from the preview, but was surprised to see Adam Beach show up as well. Even more awesome. Forster did a good job as Backstrom's dad.

There were so many good lines in this episode, like this one.

Backstrom (to Gravely): "Stay with Michelle Obama, if the Indians see your ginger hair, they'll probably think you're a witch .... which you probably are."

Per the out of order episodes, no sign of anything romantic between Paquet and Neidermeyer, and Almond's beard is back.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

Seemed like a mashup of Longmire, Uzbek Pipeline Blacklist and 24/ Homeland. But is Backstrom's gaydar malfunctioning or was "Michelle Obama" actually gay?

I suspect he kept plunking that one note just to be annoying, at which he absolutely excels.

IMDB doesn't list that actor who played the owner of the electronics company (but oddly lists some people I don't remember seeing in the episode at all) -- but the minute I saw his face, I knew.

What is it with the most recognizable guest stars being culprits?  I suspect it's done on purpose, to make us feel smart.

I hate it.

IMDB doesn't list that actor who played the owner of the electronics company (but oddly lists some people I don't remember seeing in the episode at all) -- but the minute I saw his face, I knew.

DirecTV's "Cast and Crew" list showed Alex Carter, as did the guest star listing at bottom of screen.

Some network's shows (looking at you, TNT) don't bother to list guests in the DTV listing, and IMDB is sometimes slow to post anything.
Edited by torqy
  • Love 1

it seems weird to have one episode out of order. It's not like the psychic episode was all that great that they had to show it earlier. This was a decent episode. If this show goes longer then a season, his dad will make a great foil for him.

It's amazing that Backstrom and his ex-fiancée look so good together. There's quite a bit of chemistry between those two.

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 1