Type keyword(s) to search

S20: Chris Soules: Bachelor Moves

• Start Topic

Chris just showed more personality in an hour with Witney than he showed on the entire season of the Bachelor. They are pretty amusing together. Dancing is so-so, but he seems easy going about it all, and a hard worker.

• Love 2

He did show more personality, but watching that practice was brutal. Between his stiffness, and Whitney's "I don't want to show them anything!", I spent most of the hour (well 45 minutes, cuz he was late getting there) yelling at my iPad "Shut up and dance, already!" Then when I saw him dance, I said, "Okay, nevermind..."

ABC has been running a separate DWTS commercial promoting Chris' appearance really hyping it up, and I have to admit the promo itself is cute and I get they love The Bacehlor tie-in but the little I've seen of him looks pretty bad and I'm not sure how far his fanbase and Witney's will carry him.  And their first week dance is the Jive which could be a real trainwreck.

Entertainment Tonight just did a little clip of him.  He seems very animated and enthusiastic.  That means a lot when the natural skills aren't there, but he seems willing to learn.  I hope he does well. 

• Love 1

Saw this on another board. 

"Kristen Burt, the woman who hosts the DTWS recap podcast show and former dancer, has said that she expects Chris could make it to the finals (not win) with his poularity, personality and partner Witney's popularity.  He actually looks better in rehearsals for week one than Sean looked when he left."

I question her assumption that he is that popular and has a winning personality.  He may when not dumb struck in front of the camera.  Maybe. 

Popularity? Personality...what now? Clealry Kristin didn't actually watch Chris' season. Dude has no personality, unless you count his really weird and annoying laugh. And he was boring as all hell as the Bachelor lead, so I don't know about this overwhelming popularity she's claiming.

• Love 2

He may have fans coming off his season, but are they rabid enough that they'll actually vote for him? Right now he seems popular because his season just ended and he's in the media and stuff, but that will wane if he turns out to be a mediocre dancer. I think they'll end up being more middle-of-the-pack unless he turns out to be really awesome.

And he was boring as all hell as the Bachelor lead,

I agree with that statement, which makes me think his"boring" problem on TB was all in the editing. Because he's shown more personality in five minutes on DWTS than the entire season of TB. I'm actually starting to like him. I know ... go figure! I hope he stays around for a while. 

I can't say he has a lot of TB fan support however, given how "boring as hell" he came off on that show.

Edited by saber5055

I think he will be gone next week. I hated him as The Bachelor but seeing his rehearsals with Witney there is an awkward adorableness about him that we didn't see. I feel like now I can understand why the women were attracted to him.

I think he will be gone next week. I hated him as The Bachelor but seeing his rehearsals with Witney there is an awkward adorableness about him that we didn't see. I feel like now I can understand why the women were attracted to him.

Yeah I had the same take.   He looks like a pretty nifty guy that we did not see on the Bachelor.  Not a fan but I sure do wish he would make the next weeks cut.  There is more  to him and certainly more dance potential that Patti or Noah.  I hold little hope however, it would be nice.