Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Troll Bridge

However, I don't know that making a costume from model's ideas would be a good show; it's kind of similar to the children's monster drawings episode they did a few seasons' back, but I think that only really works because of the natural and unfettered whimsy of children in their doodles.  Which as an aside, also reminds me of those sites that will turn your kid's drawings into a plush stuffed animal, such as Budsies or Child's Own.

Models tend to be creative people as well, so I think they could come up with some really cool ideas.  Plus they know their bodies better than anyone and could think of a makeup that could work for them.  Like a few seasons back when House was lucky enough to put the belly-mouth on a model who happened to be a belly dancer.

However, what about this twist on your idea, either as a Foundation Challenge or a Spotlight Challenge: they meet with the model, and have to turn that model into some kind of superhero or god/mythical creature that best reflects the model's inner personality?  The artists pick a model at random/by choice, then the model comes in right on design day to tell them their 'secret alter ego' and even work with them on the initial design.  As a result we get to learn their names, and a little more about them, while still offering a good makeup challenge.

Plus, this kind of setup means there is a disincentive to burying your model in a huge head piece; some of my all time favorite makeups are ones where the artist incorporates the face gracefully, instead of the usual "demonic frozen scowling monster mask" comprised of 20 pounds of hastily painted foam latex.

That is a cool idea.  But I still like the idea of the model picking the artist, that way we get hear the models speak about their choices and reasons, especially if they work with the artists on the initial designs.

I would LOVE to see that idea come to fruition, especially since there are so many models who return season after season. If they are running dry of ideas, how cool would that be? Looking forward to tonight, though I feel like this has been done before, though I'm not sure if I have the right show. They've done the nude thing on Ink Master, that I know, but I have a very firm memory of models, nude, being painted to fit in with their background. Maybe a few seasons ago. I just can't place who was doing it. Early insanity, I guess. Also, I'm not sure if this is a regional thing, but what on earth is a lovey? Is that a blankie? Like Linus? I've heard it said, but I thought maybe it was British. Till someone pointed it out I though she had the actual kid in her arms, and couldn't figure it out to save my life. Yes, I'm that thick. Bears saying.

• Love 1

They've done the nude thing on Ink Master, that I know, but I have a very firm memory of models, nude, being painted to fit in with their background. Maybe a few seasons ago. I just can't place who was doing it.

I think you're describing an episode of Skin Wars.

I feel like this has been done before, though I'm not sure if I have the right show.

They did that on season 2 when the contestants had to paint their models so they faded into the background design.  As I recall, a couple were naked or very nearly so.

what on earth is a lovey? Is that a blankie? Like Linus? I've heard it said, but I thought maybe it was British.

I had exactly the same thought. 

Ahhh, well that makes sense. My son has a blue blanket he loves. So, lovey! I'm slow, but I do get there. Thanks to those who are trying to help me figure out the naked challenge, thinking on it through dinner, it MAY have been the vets vs newbies season. There were models painted like a wall of shoes, and one empty haunted room and a bushes in the park scene. I did just remember one model passed the hell out all of a sudden, and Miranda? (I seem to remember her) was all upset. Does that ring a bell? If so, yay! I'm not as out of it as I thought, if not I've mashed together two shows. See ya'll in the morning!

Ahhh, well that makes sense. My son has a blue blanket he loves. So, lovey! I'm slow, but I do get there. Thanks to those who are trying to help me figure out the naked challenge, thinking on it through dinner, it MAY have been the vets vs newbies season. There were models painted like a wall of shoes, and one empty haunted room and a bushes in the park scene. I did just remember one model passed the hell out all of a sudden, and Miranda? (I seem to remember her) was all upset. Does that ring a bell? If so, yay! I'm not as out of it as I thought, if not I've mashed together two shows. See ya'll in the morning!

Season 2 Spotlight Challenge

In teams of two, apply body paint to two nude models and incorporate them to a selected background for a photo shoot to be used as the cover for hip hop musician and guest judge Asher Roth's album Is This Too Orange?; one model has to blend in with the background, while the other is a character interacting with the background, and each artist can only work one model.

Guest Judge: Asher Roth

Top Looks:

Rayce & Beki (Farm With Noose)

Breaa & Matt (Wall of Sneakers)

Safe:

Sue & Heather (Elephant Skateboarding)

RJ & Athena (Swimming Pool)

Bottom Looks:

Jerry & Tara (Brick Wall)

Ian & Miranda (Picnic Table)

Winner: Matt

Eliminated: Miranda

Models tend to be creative people as well, so I think they could come up with some really cool ideas.  Plus they know their bodies better than anyone and could think of a makeup that could work for them.  Like a few seasons back when House was lucky enough to put the belly-mouth on a model who happened to be a belly dancer.

this reminds me of one of the challenges on Project: Runway a number of seasons ago.  They let the models buy the fabric for the challenge specifiying that it had to be environmentaly friendly materials.  All but a couple of the models bought this hideous brown shiney material (brown was invogue that season) and a couple forgot to get the notions (zippers, thread, etc.) needed so the contestants got a chance to go back to Mood to get those items (if I remember correctly, it was one of the single digit seasons).  There was some majorly ugly dresses made that challenge.  Yes, some models may know their strengths but some of the more inexperienced ones may not.

I remember that challenge.  It was such a relief to get rid of Miranda and her whining.

I still don't understand why they didn't use the Hyperion Bridge itself as one of the bridges.  Such a famous movie location (and for me as a little rat growing up in Glendale, THE ENTRANCE INTO LIFE ITSELF) and pretty iconic on its own.