Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: Girl Meets Farkle's Choice

Farkle has to choose between Riley and Maya as dates to an awards ceremony that he attends annually. At first neither of the two are interested in attending the event, since neither of them like him the way he likes them; but after showing the girls how great of a guy he is, the two end up fighting over who gets to be his date. Meanwhile, Topanga, Cory, and Auggie have a book club with Auggie's girlfriend, Ava.

lol I just read in the last ep thread how someone (and I think most of us agree with this sentiment) does not want to see Riley and Maya fighting over a boy. I bet none of us every imagined it would be Farkle. LMAO And now I wonder what ever happened to the female Farkle, the one who made Maya and Riley make her attractive so she could get his attention.

• Love 1

Generally, fighting over a guy is not what I want to see out of two female friends - cliche, derivative, terrible role modeling for younger viewers, etc. But in one sense I'm willing to give this episode a chance because I think this fight will prove to be short term. It's not something that will destroy the Maya/Riley friendship. By the end of the ep lessons will be learned, everyone will hug and it's all good. On the other hand. I'm also not fond of another tv cliche, the one in which the nerd stereotype character can't get the girl of his dreams. So, while the Riley/Maya relationship may be ok by episodes end, my favorable impression of the show might not be.

Edited by wagthedog

Must...Not...Make...Sophie...Choice...Refference

An episode without Lucas? Cool!

Is it sad that I really didn't notice or care? I really believe Farkle going to be the new topanga for love interest.

Edited by JellyFishQueen
  • Love 1

Now this I didn't mind at all because Farkle is actually a really great guy. He loves his friends, he's smart, He's allowed to have flaws and he's also allowed to show what makes him special to the girls. Now if they were fighting over Lucas that wouldn't go over so well with me because I think he's a Gary stu. Take away his looks there's nothing to him that's memorable, I can't stand characters where the writer remind everyone how perfect and irresistible they are. I find Farkle to be far more interesting he doesn't get as much love

• Love 3

I will never understand why Corey Fogelmanis didn't get put in the opening credits for Season 1. He's been in every episode this season as opposed to Auggie and Lucas who missed so many episodes. What is this, his 5th absence? Meanwhile not-in-the-main-credits Farkle has still yet to miss one. But I know Fogelmanis will be in the S2 credits.

And I wished they dropped Lucas. He's literally the dullest character ever. The writers keep hyping up how he has this "secret" that we don't know and we got to learn about his past a bit in Girl Meets Friendship. Incorporating Lucas's past into the show doesn't make him interesting... We have certainly seen enough to know he's the weakest of the four kids.

I will never understand why Corey Fogelmanis didn't get put in the opening credits for Season 1. He's been in every episode this season as opposed to Auggie and Lucas who missed so many episodes. What is this, his 5th absence? Meanwhile not-in-the-main-credits Farkle has still yet to miss one. But I know Fogelmanis will be in the S2 credits.

And I wished they dropped Lucas. He's literally the dullest character ever. The writers keep hyping up how he has this "secret" that we don't know and we got to learn about his past a bit in Girl Meets Friendship. Incorporating Lucas's past into the show doesn't make him interesting... We have certainly seen enough to know he's the weakest of the four kids.

Well supposly Lucas is a "Bad boy" he was a deluqent back in Texas or whatever. I read in season 2 they are going to bring Lucas former bad boy friend to meet the gang. I would laugh if just ended up blowing a mail box

The subplot with Auggie and Ava book club was awful and lame.

But one thing I really liked in this episode was Maya's playful younger side showing. In most episodes we have seen she is intense and z serious and had to grow up too fast. It is refreshing to see her child-like laugh at Riley's radio announcer performance :)

Edited by MoonWalker
  • Love 1

Now this I didn't mind at all because Farkle is actually a really great guy. He loves his friends, he's smart, He's allowed to have flaws and he's also allowed to show what makes him special to the girls. Now if they were fighting over Lucas that wouldn't go over so well with me because I think he's a Gary stu. Take away his looks there's nothing to him that's memorable, I can't stand characters where the writer remind everyone how perfect and irresistible they are. I find Farkle to be far more interesting he doesn't get as much love

Yea it was a good episode. I even tolerated Ava. She had me cracking up XD. And Topanga just kicked ass. Hands down.

• Love 2

I enjoyed the book club part of the show.  It was nice to see Topanga being Topanga.  And understanding Ava does make her more tolerable.  Now if only they would start writing Cory's character a little better (I remember him being a lot more mature in BMW than he does now).

• Love 2

I enjoyed the book club part of the show.  It was nice to see Topanga being Topanga.  And understanding Ava does make her more tolerable.  Now if only they would start writing Cory's character a little better (I remember him being a lot more mature in BMW than he does now).

Seconded on all counts. I don't know why they're having Cory act the way he does. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Seconded on all counts. I don't know why they're having Cory act the way he does. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I agree but I also think being around kids and having kids can change your personality to. But it would nice to see him acting more mature when he's with Topanga rather than goofy and childish.