Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Lost and Found

CooperTV

Whenever it is mentioned that someone is adopted it is part of the reason for the crime. That was a tip off. I also suspected her BFF right away. The reveal was not a big surprise. But I did enjoy the episode. This show always has at least one uneasy moment. I would never shower alone at night in a locker room.

• Love 1

The bleachers scene was very "hate him, hate him, wouldn't wanna date him" X-Files, but with a better ending for the guy lol.

Two Criminal Minds unsubs in this episode - Lauren Bowles (the mom) was the unsub Chloe Kelcher in "The Angel Maker" and Sterling Beaumon (Ian Hemingway) was Jeremy Sayer in "Safe Haven".

• Love 2

So, it's official : The Stalker Task Squad is basically ineffectual. Each week the stalker escalates to the point of hostage taking before the team figures out what exactly is going on. During the the time the first target (they gym teacher) contacted the team, careers were ruined, people were attacked, and lives were devastated...

How exactly are Beth and her team making things better? It seems as if they are just there to introduce the players, give some theories, then wait until things play out on their own.

I did enjoy crazy Original Recipe Stalker of Beth-Michelle putting Stalker-Boy Perry in his place. You'd think Perry would have anticipated that someone in a mental institution might be unstable. And they plan to share her?! One getting Beth and the other getting Michelle? 

Maybe the Stalker Squad should just let this crazy scenario resolve itself, too. There's no way it can end well. 

• Love 1

Two Criminal Minds unsubs in this episode - Lauren Bowles (the mom) was the unsub Chloe Kelcher in "The Angel Maker" and Sterling Beaumon (Ian Hemingway) was Jeremy Sayer in "Safe Haven".

Sterling Beaumon also played a teenaged serial rapist on Law and Order: SVU. Too bad he bulked up- he would've made an outstanding Perry aside from Erik Stocklin. I find him oddly hot in some way. The kid's posture was absolutely terrible for a supposed jock, though.

Andrew W. Walker...my god, I love the guy. Not the best actor but he's so freaking hot.

Austin Lyon, best known for his viral video Shit Guys Don't Say, played Gossip Boy here. Glad to see he's landing some legitimate work here. I kind of figure he's doomed to play high school kids for awhile with that babyface, but it looks like he's getting busy with parts.

This is the first episode to not employ a music montage at the end. I wonder if this will be the way it is from now on, or they just cut the montage for time in this episode. I kind of liked the theme there, even when the covers were bad. Maybe they don't want to run out of songs they can put a stalker bent to?

Finally...I loved the weird, fucked up dynamic that Perry and Ray seem to be developing. It's like Perry is this eager puppy, and Ray is the wolf figuring out the right moment to kill said puppy.

• Love 1

I loved the way that each of Beth/Michele's stalkers had a moment where they looked at the other stalker and thought "this guy is nuts!"

At first I thought the stalker was the blond girl, but quickly changed my mind and figured it was the BFF.  But then, for a few minutes, I suspected it was the mom, mostly because she was so lax about the ordeal her daughter was going through - "well, honey, just show them that you aren't what they think." but I went back to the BFF.  I do like how they keep you guessing, but it isn't impossible to figure out (it doesn't end up being some unknown - "the assistant coach did it!")

On the other hand, I thought the actual stalker's story was rather convoluted. The mom had a daughter, who ended up being the stalker, that she gave up for adoption.  Then a few years later the mom and her husband adopted a girl, who was the victim.  The stalker tracked down her birth mother and found out that she had a daughter and decided that she would make that daughter leave so that she could take her place.  How does she do this? By registering as a student at the same high school as the daughter, spending weeks (months? years?) befriending the victim, while living in a back room, that no one notices, in a house that everyone hangs out in to party, and then starting rumors about the victim and a football coach, including having sex with the coach herself so that she can film it, until everything escalates to the point where the victim decides to run away. 

• Love 1

I didn't get how the woman could get away with registering at a high school with a fake name in this day and age (there are cases of this back in the 80's and the 90's but it seems like something hard to pull off now in a post-9/11 environment), and be able to pass herself off as an affluent high school student if she's squatting in some house.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

The scene in the shower, and then behind the bleachers gives me a little scare. I shower often at the gym when others have left. And an old CSI I think they found a body behind a closed bleachers or something like that. Coach Baker, I almost thought he was behind some of the stuff, even if he was stalked at first.Then Jenny Kline being accused off sex with the Coach and all kinds of things. Her bf Emmet Beaudry and Dierdre(Medium) found together in the cabin. Then the video of Coach and a Jenny look alike in the motel made the think he knew more. But her name was Rheanna Ericks. At least we find out she was 18.Ofcourse Rheanna turns out to be best friend and sister Alexis. Who actually is out of school and living in that cabin. Pretending to be a student. How is right. But she sends Jenny away to have mom Monica Grant all to herself. Monica I to thought was strange because she kept telling Jenny everything was ok. It was nice for jenny to come home and apologize for leaving. But Alexis being close to Jenny should have put up that red flag. There were a couple other students that could have been behind it too. So it for the most part wasn't bad. But Alexis will go to Psychiatrist and Monica will visit her.

Ray was watching the scene and Beth and her team mates.He wants to take away Beth's new friends and make Beth vulnerable. Then she will turn to them? I think that would be the last place she would turn.