Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Guilty

With Blair Brown I go all the way back to "Captains and the Kings," a 1976 miniseries. I wish someone had this available through streaming because it was excellent. Not going to pay almost $200 for the DVDs at Amazon.

I'm thinking Brotherhood if she is. Doesn't make sense at all.

I so hope you are right.  I would love this idea, especially if John KNEW, and is playing the long con on her.  That would rock.

And where the hell is Kevin Chapman's Emmy?  If you would have told me that the dirty cop that emanated sleaze in season one would turn into this badass detective that I am continually rooting for, I'd tell you that was crazy talk. 

• Love 2

With Blair Brown I go all the way back to "Captains and the Kings," a 1976 miniseries. I wish someone had this available through streaming because it was excellent. Not going to pay almost $200 for the DVDs at Amazon.

Clawdette, pretty little pet, I loved that miniseries. Did you know she was married to Richard Jordan who played the lead? I loved him...a great actor. remember that was a big era of miniseries. 

I liked this episode, it was pretty much old school with the boys doing what they do best. I love that despite their best efforts that people refuse to stop helping Finch and Reese.

After marathoning all the episodes I missed, I can't help but to think that Finch is going to die. They keep slipping in these hints. Hopefully, I'm way off and I'm reading too much into the conversations.

I liked this episode, it was pretty much old school with the boys doing what they do best. I love that despite their best efforts that people refuse to stop helping Finch and Reese.

After marathoning all the episodes I missed, I can't help but to think that Finch is going to die. They keep slipping in these hints. Hopefully, I'm way off and I'm reading too much into the conversations.

He's probably going to bite it in the final season, probably leading up to the final episodes of the series. The machine will probably not react favorably to Finch being killed, judging from how it acted during If-Then-Else.

• Love 2

I am going to fanwank that the reason why the team missed the obvious guilty/not guilty was due to Finch not being at the background checking every lead.  He is the thinker / researcher of the team. Reese thinks quickly on his feet but usually on a limited scale. He is also probably better when there is pressure, instead of when given days to research.

I am going to fanwank that the reason why the team missed the obvious guilty/not guilty was due to Finch not being at the background checking every lead.  He is the thinker / researcher of the team. Reese thinks quickly on his feet but usually on a limited scale. He is also probably better when there is pressure, instead of when given days to research.

Given Reese's CIA background, he would probably function best when observing the target in person (from a distance, of course), along with some limited technological skills and higher than average improvisational abilities.

It would have been hard to top the rollercoaster that the previous episodes were, so I guess it is normal that this episode feels very low-key. still, there were some very good things in it.

Mostly, this was a very melancholic episode. Yes, it is back to Finch and Reese, but not in a way "back to the basics, baby!" way. The absence of Shaw AND Root was palpable all episode long. They had created their little family, and it has exploded, but numbers keep coming, and most of all, Samaritan is still out there. However, it reminded me that I missed the Reese/Finch interactions. I mean, I love Root/Finch interactions, but this is different.

I loved Fusco standing up for himself, even if, initially, Finch and Reese intentions towards his were good, but he was right: he has every right to decide his level of implication. After all, it isn't like he has assisted merely once in a while, he has been in deep for a while now, and was part of the Stock Exchange situation. It would be nice if he was let in when it comes to the Machine, I mean, he has proven deserves to know.

His pep talk was nice and elicited one of the (surprisingly) numerous smiles Reese granted us this episode (it is seldom enough to be noted, I guess). It was nice to see that therapy wasn't disregarded, but really helped him. Caviezel had some really great moments there. Not that he talks a lot and spill all his guts out there, but he needes to process things, and I wouldn't fault him because he's had his fair share of crap thrown in his face. I don't know if they want to go the romantic way with him and Iris, and they seem to hint it. If they really go there, it would be nice of her to be genuine, and not a plant. But if it doesn't work out with her, there is always Zoe, whose chemistry with Reese is always there. I hope we'll see her again soon (I guess it partially depends of her character's fate on The 100)

The only letdown was the case of the week, because it was pretty obvious from the beginning that it wasn't the husband. Too bad because Emerson and Brown are fantastic actors, and they could have done better on this front. Liked the concept of laser morse-code between Reese and Finch though.

One thing that struck at the start of this episode-aside from the season1-2 ish sight of Reese and Finch discussing state of affairs at a coffee shop-was how utterly defeated Finch sounded. Discussing numbers that died because they were so preoccupied with Samaritan. "I guess it's just you and me now." Finch sounded like he could barely summon the energy to keep doing this.