Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Even the Losers

Was the Mystery Machine that terrible an idea? I suppose the question boils down to how much you could charge people for a little bit of novelty. The real problem with it was that the Hanna Barbera division of the Warner Brother's legal department would nuke it from orbit.

I'm going to guess that in Florida, the state where you can set up a shooting range in your own front yard, a mobile wine bar would not be a regulatory nightmare.

I always enjoy when Ellie uses her powers for good. I feel like it's kind of retcon that Andy was a bad mayor. Originally, I thought it was a figurehead position that he was still excited and conscientious about. 

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 1

I agree with the retcon of him being a bad mayor, I think it would have been more interesting of Roger Frank had been sabotaging Andy and at the end Andy could have won his mayorship back.

• Love 2

Was that the first we'd seen of Cox's new 'do or did it just fly past me in the first few episodes of the season? I like this cut on her a lot. It looks like a cute 'do on a hot middle-aged lady instead of a 50-year-old trying desperately not to be (the too-long hair was starting to grate).

So here's my confusion. Travis is just going to be a booze delivery guy, as if this is a new thing? What's the angle again? That it's only wine?

I too liked seeing the cast's kids and Jules' new haircut. I also enjoyed Ellie caring about Andy and helping him out. And no Laurie/Trav together storyline this week!

With so little time left, I hope they figure out what to do with Andy to make him less pathetic. 

I can't believe delivering wine could be profitable. Also, was Grayon supposed to be teaching Stan's class or just at Stan's school? Because Stan definitely wasn't in there. I feel like we don't hear enough about Ellie's childhood but can't picture her mom allowing two giant St Bernards into the house.

Least favourite moment of the night "Hey remember when you said you wanted to shrink down and live in Trav's blood" - what a dreadful attempt at a call back. You can't just say something Jules said on the show five years ago and expect me to laugh.

• Love 1

I just don't get the humor around Grayson's storyline this episode. Everything he did was just cringe-inducing, and not in a funny way. Seeing him during the stage performance made me turn off my TV.

• Love 4
I feel like it's kind of retcon that Andy was a bad mayor. Originally, I thought it was a figurehead position that he was still excited and conscientious about.

It might not necessarily be a retcon. Andy could have been conscientious about being mayor, but chairs at the town meetings that are just so darn comfortable could derail any administration.

So not only is Laurie white trash, now she's a dream smasher too? Granted, Travis's business was stupid (party buses already exist, for one thing), but she seems to be going out of her way to denigrate him now, but not to his face by asking his mother to do it.

While I found Grayson's "performance" with the kids on stage to be awkward, watching him interact with them in class was fun. I thought he really related to them and engaged them.

Every episode without Bobby in it shows how necessary he was. It's really kind of awful now.

Didn't Travis want to move to a big city and become a photographer? I don't think he's any good but would have thought he'd at least give it a go or try to work for a studio or something artistic or creative.

Every episode without Bobby in it shows how necessary he was. It's really kind of awful now.

I miss Bobby but more than show how necessary he was, it shows how unnecessary Andy is. He's got an episode with Jules next week so fingers crossed he might get something more to do than sulk.

• Love 1

Also, was Grayon supposed to be teaching Stan's class or just at Stan's school? Because Stan definitely wasn't in there.

I couldn't figure that out either. I kept looking for Stan in the class. The teacher said at the beginning "Stan's daddy couldn't be here today," which made me think it was supposed to be his class. Weird.

• Love 1

Didn't Travis want to move to a big city and become a photographer? I don't think he's any good but would have thought he'd at least give it a go or try to work for a studio or something artistic or creative.

That's what else I wanted to add -- Laurie also ruined Travis's dream of being a photographer. I thought he was shown to have some talent as a photographer.
  • Love 1
While I found Grayson's "performance" with the kids on stage to be awkward, watching him interact with them in class was fun. I thought he really related to them and engaged them.

His performance was embarrassing to watch, but I loved him in the classroom. The best part was the diagram on the chalkboard. Boyz II Men ABC BBD!