Type keyword(s) to search

Branson Famous - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Please tell me that I'm not the only person watching this show, it's just awesome. It's all about the Mabes, a family that has a show in Branson Missouri called the Baldknobbers Jamboree. I have no idea what a baldnobber is. The best part is that they're calling this a reality musical because during their THs, they sing a song about whatever it is they're talking about. Sometimes it's a duet. My favorite so far is Megan McCombs, she's the resident bitch, & seems to do nothing but fix her hair which includes spraying, & spraying, & spraying hairspray on it. I'm not going to discuss any more plot in the hopes that someone else will watch this & comment. I don't want to spoil it for them. :-)

• Love 1

I love the show.   A baldknobber was a vigilante in the Ozark area.  They wore hoods with horns on them.  I have been to Branson and have seen the Baldknobber show.  It was fun clean entertainment.  My sister lived there and worked for Mel Tillis when he had a theater there about 20 years ago.

• Love 1

I love the show.   A baldknobber was a vigilante in the Ozark area.  They wore hoods with horns on them.  I have been to Branson and have seen the Baldknobber show.  It was fun clean entertainment.  My sister lived there and worked for Mel Tillis when he had a theater there about 20 years ago.

Thanks, what a strange thing to name your show after.

The baldknobbers are well known in the Ozark area.  They played a big roll in the Shepherd of the Hills book, which is what made the Branson area famous.  They even have an open arena play based on the book in Branson.  I suggest to anyone who likes country music to go to Branson.  Btter entertainment than Nashville (ecept for the Grand Ole Opry, of course)

I thought I was the only one to watch odd little shows like this.  It's like a parody of a country western show.  Bursting into song while they're talking to each other!  I love it, especially the one that Patty and Megan sang about their rivalry. 

My sister lived there and worked for Mel Tillis when he had a theater there about 20 years ago.

I remember watching Mel Tillis' tv show with my parents decades ago.  Working in Branson must have been interesting.

• Love 1

Is it me or is everyone in the family applying Megan was a mistress at one point? I feel like the women on this show (Espicalley the little sister) are stuck in the late 80's and early 90's for hair style.

That little sister got some bad perm 80's crunch going on. Is this a thing in the south?

Edited by JellyFishQueen
  • Love 1

I may be the only person watching this show LOL. Watching Megan trying to take over everything is pretty funny, also, her hot pink eyeshadow & matching lipstick hurt my eyes.

I didn't think she was bad, she sings like someone with no confidence. I don't understand why they won't let her be in the show, if they were really worried, they don't have to give her a solo. It's got to make her happier than working in the gift shop. I guess she should be happy that they don't make her clean up the theater which was something else that made me laugh.

Somebody needs to sit Megan down & explain the different between stage hair & makeup, & real life hair & makeup. That one inch thick bright pink lipstick with matching eye shadow hurt my eyes. I don't even want to think about the hair that's been teased to add a foot to her height.

Found this show while flipping through channels and now I'm hooked. Poor Breezy - just put the girl on stage and let her sing for craps sake! I LOVE the singing THs. They're the cheesiest things that's ever cheesied.

• Love 3

Patty Mabe has three children and six grandchildren.  I don't think that little girl was Brandon's daughter.

ETA:  I tried to look it up and found out their other son died in 2006 when he was only 20, so now I don't know whose child that was.

Edited by technorebel

Patty Mabe has three children and six grandchildren.  I don't think that little girl was Brandon's daughter.

ETA:  I tried to look it up and found out their other son died in 2006 when he was only 20, so now I don't know whose child that was.

Oops my bad! But that makes me wonder were is the third child?

This is my new favorite guilty pleasure TV. Back in the 70's as a child we spent a couple of family vacations in Branson before it really blew up. It was basically just Silver Dollar City, Shepherd of the Hills, and The Baldknobbers then. My parents still love to go to Branson, I'm really over the whole Ozarks now.

I think Denton is the one in the family with the looks, talent, and charisma and he should blow that pop stand and go solo. I love his voice.

Patty fascinates me to no end and I wish they would show more of her performing. I also wish they would show more footage of them at home. Where did she come from? How did she hook up with Tim? She is very pretty, I think she could have done better.  How did she raise a son like Brandon and a daughter like Breezy? They seem nothing like Patty. Does she get along well with Maw Maw?

I think Brandon is just an arrogant, slimey jackass. I am pleased to see that it appears that Denton calls him out on this in the next episode.  Personally, I think Brandon Is largely attracted to Megan because his mother can't stand her.  I think he is one of those guys who is only interested in what he is not supposed to have.

Heather is meh. She looks over the hill to be trying to become "the country Britney Spears". The weird faces she makes when she is singing drive me crazy. Some of her outfits are really WTF, like the pink and black dress with the weird cutout in the middle.

Megan, Megan, Megan. How I love to hate you--your terrible hair, your terrible pink makeup, your terrible clothes, your terrible crochet blanket you wrapped around your dachshund,  your bitchiness, your slutty homewreckerness.  She is such a ding-a-ling, a wonderful reality TV villain.

Love it, wish it were an hour, hope it goes for a second season.

• Love 1

So I just did way too much research. Breezy has the 4 year old and a son as well. I found a picture of Brandon with 3 boys labeled him with his kids. That just leaves one which may or may not be a stepkid.

I love how trutv isn't hiding the affair. It is in their bios that they left their respective spouses for one another.

I much prefer Breezy and Heather's voices to Megan's nasal screech.

Wow,, Breezy (Please tell me this is a nickname and not her real name) looks great. When I firt saw her I thought she was like 18? But children, and married, wow. Thanks luleetuni!

I personally think Heather voice is nothing really that special. I perfer Megan, breezy then heather. It is to soft? Nothing really special that I would hIear on the raido or "country britney spears"

Is she her in late 30''s to? Why not country lady gaga at least is more relvant with today.

Breezy needs to give up on performing, her voice is just not strong or good enough, & bigger boobs isn't going to improve it. Brandon needs to get over himself, his father is right, everything was just handed to him, he didn't earn anything.

• Love 1

I thought I was the only one to watch odd little shows like this.  It's like a parody of a country western show.  Bursting into song while they're talking to each other!  I love it, especially the one that Patty and Megan sang about their rivalry. 

I remember watching Mel Tillis' tv show with my parents decades ago.  Working in Branson must have been interesting.

I caught a couple of the episodes the other day.  My first thought after seeing one of those singing TH's is, this is Branson's warped version of ''RENT"

I will probably continue to watch this show, for reasons I cannot explain or understand.

Is it me or is everyone in the family applying Megan was a mistress at one point? I feel like the women on this show (Espicalley the little sister) are stuck in the late 80's and early 90's for hair style.

That little sister got some bad perm 80's crunch going on. Is this a thing in the south?

No !     I think its exclusive to Branson.  No need to apply unless you have fried, teased and hideous hair.

Somebody needs to sit Megan down & explain the different between stage hair & makeup, & real life hair & makeup. That one inch thick bright pink lipstick with matching eye shadow hurt my eyes. I don't even want to think about the hair that's been teased to add a foot to her height.

On The Branson Insider facebook page, there's an interview with Megan and Brandon.  She looks so different without the stage makeup and hair---very beautiful in a natural way.  They talk about what it was like shooting the show.  I hope there's a second season.

For anyone who's interested, another Branson-based show just started, "A Very Barry Branson", starring Barry Williams of Brady Bunch fame.  The first two episodes just aired yesterday.

So does anyone else think Heather and the younger cousin (Forgot his name) will start to date on this show?

On The Branson Insider facebook page, there's an interview with Megan and Brandon.  She looks so different without the stage makeup and hair---very beautiful in a natural way.  They talk about what it was like shooting the show.  I hope there's a second season.

For anyone who's interested, another Branson-based show just started, "A Very Barry Branson", starring Barry Williams of Brady Bunch fame.  The first two episodes just aired yesterday.

Is it any different then branson famous? Does the canon line up?

So I guess Patty is the bitch now?

That is what the songs say! DON"T QUESTION THE SONGS! WHAT THEY SAY IS THE LAW AND OUR GUIDELINE FOR THE UNIVERSAL!

But yes, its kinda embrassing for sudden mood change and considering she 50(?) women aruging with two women half her age? All very high school to me.

Edited by JellyFishQueen

So does anyone else think Heather and the younger cousin (Forgot his name) will start to date on this show?

Is it any different then branson famous? Does the canon line up?

The Branson show with Barry Williams isn't funny/bitchy like this show.  But it has the Haygoods (they're advising Barry on how to make his show a success), and they are fantastic.

My gosh, Heather in that short gold dress.  Does Patty have to hit her over the head or what.  If your boss tells you not to wear it, don't.  And that look on Megan's face when Patty was lecturing her.  She was loving it.

The Branson show with Barry Williams isn't funny/bitchy like this show.  But it has the Haygoods (they're advising Barry on how to make his show a success), and they are fantastic.

My gosh, Heather in that short gold dress.  Does Patty have to hit her over the head or what.  If your boss tells you not to wear it, don't.  And that look on Megan's face when Patty was lecturing her.  She was loving it.

Oooh! I shoud check it out then! Thanks!

I was just flabbergast that Heather played, "Oh I didn't know she didn't want me to wear it!" card during the event. The women was seeing red when you first brought up that dress! You knew she hated it!

I wonder who writes the songs for this show? 

Breezy needs to give it up, she can't sing & she has no stage presence & bigger boobs aren't going to change that.

They really do treat Megan like a nobody, why is the entire Mabe family so insistent that Brandon & Megan get married & until they do, Megan is a nobody?

The previews for next week 

when Patty says she's not done having grandchildren & somebody better produce some had me flabbergasted. Where does she get off telling people they have to have kids?

I really dislike Patty, she is just a bitch. I can't believe she's demanding that Brandon gets his vasectomy reversed. Also, these people are crazy if someone can't even get married & go on a honeymoon because of the show. There is something seriously wrong with these people.

• Love 1

I wonder if Megan and Brandon are already married in real life, and the whole pressuring to get married is just for the show?

They are not married yet.  My sons went to their live show (2-21-15) put on in our city, and they talked to them extensively during intermission and after the show.