Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Diamonds are Forever

Alana de la Garza was great in the scene of Jo watching the deposition.  I'm recently widowed (Sept, 2013), also a sudden and unexpected death, and she portrayed exactly what I were to feel if I were to watch videos of my late husband, and have to 'keep it together' at the same time.  I cried right along with her.

I really hope that the speculation is wrong about this show not lasting another season though.

Me too.

• Love 3

Ugh, not again. Why oh why must everything I love be ('certainly') cancelled. I had every intention of listing my favorite shows in my profile and eventually decided on "A bunch of cancelled shows" purely out of frustration.

Hmm.. I never even considered the possibility that Abigail was still alive. I seem to remember a line in the pilot where Henry explained that the watch had belonged to a doctor who was lost at sea and a woman had bought it and given it to him as a gift and that "she had the good sense to leave me" or something like that. I had not assumed that was Abbigail.

Does anyone have exact quotes on what Henry said specifically in regard to Abigail?

If she is alive, she's probably in her 90s. It would actually be interesting to see Henry run in to her if she's alive...

The only other quote is Henry mentioning (hopefully) that she would be 86 this year and Abe shutting down the idea of either of them seeing her again in a distinctly 'even if she didn't die in the interim, don't delude yourself' way. Nobody ever said she died. 

• Love 2

I believe February 3rd is the next new episode - that's just a guess, though. My DVR isn't saying it is on this upcoming Tuesday soo, let's just assume it's coming back the same day as Person of Interest.

"If we're going to have Adam flashbacks, that means there's a change in focus."

True, but that could be for only one episode, not a change in focus for the entire program. Also, it could be from the perspective of Henry being told stories by Adam, and then the show switching to flashback in order to show what happened.

• Love 2

I would assume that Abigail is dead.  She was in her early 20s during World War 2, then when Abe goes off to Vietnam in 1965 she had to have been around 40.  If she's still alive, I don't see why they wouldn't have gone to see her.  If she was kidnapped or abducted or something, I don't see why they wouldn't try to find her.

Unfortunately, this show looks to be dead too.  Too bad, it has a good premise and it was well done.  I always find it interesting to see which shows survive and which don't.  Why was this show such a failure when "Elementary" has had success?  I'd say Ioan Gruffudd has slightly more recognition than Jonny Lee Miller, due to Hornblower and the Fantastic Four movies.  There's Lucy Liu.  Is she still that big of a draw?  Most people are familiar with her from "Ally McBeal" and perhaps the "Charlies Angels" movies.  Both shows have interesting plots and cases. I guess "Sherlock" has the built in Sherlock Holmes afficianados, whereas maybe "Forever" is seen as a copycat.

• Love 2

I would assume that Abigail is dead.  She was in her early 20s during World War 2, then when Abe goes off to Vietnam in 1965 she had to have been around 40.  If she's still alive, I don't see why they wouldn't have gone to see her.  If she was kidnapped or abducted or something, I don't see why they wouldn't try to find her.

Unfortunately, this show looks to be dead too.  Too bad, it has a good premise and it was well done.  I always find it interesting to see which shows survive and which don't.  Why was this show such a failure when "Elementary" has had success?  I'd say Ioan Gruffudd has slightly more recognition than Jonny Lee Miller, due to Hornblower and the Fantastic Four movies.  There's Lucy Liu.  Is she still that big of a draw?  Most people are familiar with her from "Ally McBeal" and perhaps the "Charlies Angels" movies.  Both shows have interesting plots and cases. I guess "Sherlock" has the built in Sherlock Holmes afficianados, whereas maybe "Forever" is seen as a copycat.

Jonny Lee Miller was also on Dexter as an interesting villain in an otherwise completely unspectacular season. Also, he had the show Eli Stone a few years back, which was rather good.

• Love 1

Ahh, I see. I thought you meant like the entire show was changing focus. Yes, flashbacks from a different character's perspective would be different from the Henry-only ones we have gotten until now, but I agree with sinkwriter that it will probably just be a few flashbacks in one episode, not some big shake-up of the show.

• Love 1