Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Abby Got Served

• Start Topic

I just finally watched the episode and the whole backstage thing seems suspiciously staged to me. I can't speak for that competition specifically but it was weird to me that Ava was #22 and Kalani was #21... It almost seems like Kalani was the late one, because when Ava went the announcer apologized and said they'd go ahead with act #22. I know the numbers aren't set in stone, but it just seemed odd.

I'm so confused by Jill and Holly, when their kids the one attacked they are all "we understand why Christi/Chloe left" but in almost the same breath they say they are loyal to Abby.

Nothing says "I love children" like telling them they need to go to the dr because they are stupid, throwing chairs at them, telling them they could be having babies... I could go on.

• Love 2

That's exactly why this show has become so absurd. Kelley and Chrisitie are trying to ruin Abby - there's no one wackier than Jill. She's left once and talked poorly about Abby the entire time. She came back and wasn't satisfied with the probation and continued to lambaste Abby and she's the first one that would cry from the highest building about what Abby did to Kendall if she was cut from the team. I like Kendall but she doesn't Wow me - she's like Paige - she's there.

I'm waiting for one of these kids to not cry, but to just, like throw something at Abby or actually call her a name and yell back at her. Not the mom, the kid. I find it odd that in five seasons no pre teen or teen girl has lashed out at Abby in this day and age. Seriously?

• Love 3

I didn't see it mentioned - during their dressing room argument, why did Abby tell Holly to "find a new lawyer"??

Also found it interesting that Kendall told Abby" stop, you're embarrassing me." And Nia told Abby, "you're disrespecting us."

Uh, whaaat? Since when do they speak up for themselves like that and how come Abby's head didn't spin as a result?

• Love 1

I didn't see it mentioned - during their dressing room argument, why did Abby tell Holly to "find a new lawyer"??

Also found it interesting that Kendall told Abby" stop, you're embarrassing me." And Nia told Abby, "you're disrespecting us."

Uh, whaaat? Since when do they speak up for themselves like that and how come Abby's head didn't spin as a result?

I was just coming here to post the same thing, and was surprised to see that only one other person brought it up! (I'm a little behind on my DM viewing, and just catching up now.)

I know we've seen Kendall be quietly defiant, by walking out on Abby, and vocal with her own mother. But I don't think I've seen her "talk back" to Abby before. I put that in quotes because I don't actually think Kendall was being sassy or disrespectful with her comment, just more assertive than I can remember seeing her with Abby. Same with Nia. I guess our girls are growing up.

I fully believe that almost everything with the moms and Abby is scripted/faked/edited to be whatever the producers want. But I think that's harder to do with the girls, because none of them are great actresses. It's easy to tell (at least IMO) when they're being fed lines because they just can't deliver them believably. And to me, Nia and Kendall speaking out did not seem like producer-fed lines, but their truth.

• Love 2

Don't know when this was actually filmed but she's 12 1/2 now so I think she was 12 when she starred in the video. From Wiki: Madison Ziegler
Born  Madison Nicole Ziegler
September 30, 2002 (age 12)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S