Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Now verdana, you know Beckett will talk to Castle who will talk to Alexis .. all in the same scenes .. as to have Beckett and Alexis not speak to each other. ;-}

Yes, and we'll only see the scene in close ups so they don't have to be in the same shot either.

Yes, and we'll only see the scene in close ups so they don't have to be in the same shot either.

Except that I'm almost sure they will spare a two-person shot to have Alexis glare at Beckett at least once.

Some on tumblr are freaking out that the wedding must be happening in #7.03 because of Stana's latest tweets, in particular this one and because Terri has posted this quote about weddings.

Retweeted by Terri Edda Miller
Very Short Story @VeryShortStory  ·  2h
He married her, saying how special she was. Then at her happiest moment, he touched her, turning her to stone, so her feeling would last.

At this stage any excitement I did have for the wedding has long since evaporated due to the events of last season. Whilst I believe fans out there do deserve a wedding, trying to work up even an ounce of enthusiasm at this moment about the possibility it's been filmed is too much like hard work.  

• Love 1

That means nothing to me, honestly. For all I know Stana could be get married this weekend and that's what the tweets were about .. including Terri. 

I'll wait and see but I'm about 99% sure that there will be no wedding in episode 3. 

But I don't think she got married this weekend since she went to some cat charity thing that Jon performed at.

(I saw on twitter and now I feel ashamed)

Oh, did Stana go? I saw on twitter that Seamus was going to the Cat Caberet (I think?) to watch Jon sing blues. I have no idea what it is or how it went down, but it makes me smile Jon and Seamus hang out outside of work.

But unless she had a full weekend, yeah, I doubt she got married. She strikes me as the type to either have a super private wedding or at least a low key one, but I'd imagine she'd invite her cast friends. I'd bet if they were invited and could make it, both Jon and Seamus would go. She went to Jon's this summer, didn't she?

But the fact is, Marlowe has to get them married sometime, sooner better than later.

I think so. Wasn't she the one with the hamburger bun french toast pic? I did notice her as a glorified extra in GotG. I don't think she looked up from her tablet she was on in her scene. Michael Rooker's ugly shirt is kinda distracting in that pic.

I've got no doubt they'll wait until sweeps either November or possibly February, so we're looking at #6.06 at the earliest.

I agree with verdana. It will likely be sweeps and with AM writing the second episode, it will likely take he and TM several weeks to write another episode. My gut feeling on the Wedding that Almost Happened (aka Wedding Interruptus) is that it will no doubt be a MilMar script. I was thinking that DA might be writing it, but crossed that off my list after think about Austin last year and my impression of seeing them together, talking about the show, the actors, the network, and respecting the process, of course, is that they will almost certainly be in charge of that milestone event. And probably they should be. It is their show after all. And while I've been disappointed and then mostly apathetic about what I believe to be a decline in the show's quality, I can't begrudge AWM and PAT for all the amazing moments we've seen over the last six years. Always (and the deleted scene I hope y'all will see soon) is an obvious choice, but there are so many others. Some of them from MilMar scripts, some not. The show runner ultimately decides what makes it to the network from a creative standpoint - and so he has to take the good with the bad. I'm sure ABC has a big part in what ultimately gets to screen, but that's another conversation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think MilMar should write the wedding episode and make it something understated and special, like Still (one of my favorite episodes). I know Rob Hanning wrote that (he's actually written most of my favorite episodes) but I think they could do something in their own way.

Marlowe is a sweeps type guy, so it's likely we'll see it in Nov or Feb. I think the timing could partially depend on whether the cast decides to use their eight year option. That said, I was really impressed with the way Bones handled their wedding - non sweeps, beautifully done, and filled with joy.

I don't want a big over the top wedding (actually this was sort of the plot of the first Sex in the City Movie). Keep it simple. Marlowe really needs to hit a home run with the wedding, and big doesn't equal good. This show has a pretty good history with the little things, like eye contact, hand holding, saying always, etc. They have a strong foundation. At the heart of the best romantic relationship there should be a best friendship. Why not show the history they have, the friendship, and the romance? That's what I would like to see in a wedding - building on something like After Hours where you see Martha and Jim eating with Caskett.

I just hope that AM/DA don't get so caught up in taking morsels and "bites" from the new "mythology" that they loose sight of their bread and butter. This isn't X-Files, Marlowe.

Edited by Elysium1973

Yeah that would be #7.06 obviously. Heh. But for some fans I think even that will be far too late they want a wedding quicker than that, I sense they're going to be very disappointed.

Elysium. I don't doubt MilMar will want to be in charge of yet another milestone moment for the reason you gave and that's perfectly understandable. And I agree they've written (or been responsible for) many great moments in the show's history. However, I find there's been a steady decline not only in the writing in general but in particular with what they're capable of producing (together and individually as writers), they seem to have lost sight of precisely what makes Caskett special and how to convey that in a truly satisfying way. That's why I'm far less enthused about the idea of them co-writing again and almost dread it after that finale which failed on so many levels for me. I hope they both get their Caskett mojo back in time for the big event. 

I agree with you about the show that shall not be named and how they did their wedding, captured the right mood for the characters and was uplifting.

Edited by verdana

Chad doing some more buttering up of the boss, I think Marlowe has got the message by now but no harm in making sure I guess.  May be they're both hoping he'll attach them to his new project if that ever gets off the ground. 

Chad Gomez Creasey @chadgcreasey  ·  2h
Shooting day 3 of #Castle 703 tomorrow and a re-run of 615 tonight. So grateful to @AndrewWMarlowe for bringing us (w/ @DaraCreasey) aboard.

Sean will always be kooky Kirk from Gilmore Girls to me but he is starting to look like Christian Borle with that s4 Mulder hair. The older Chad and Rob Lowe get the more they looked like each other in still pics.

Yes that was her at Glenn Close's elbow tapping away. Is that Sean Gunn as well as Michael Rooker? They were fun to watch in GotG.

I still can't pick out which one is Sean Gunn, and I went back a few times after this was mentioned. As turnitwayup mentions, he will always be Kirk for me so this is perhaps why I can't find him...

Uh "big" surprise. The deleted scene on the dvd will be from Always. They'll at least sell some dvds from that crappy season.

@texcastle Yes, the S6 DVD will have the "Always" deleted scene! #Castle

Edited by cappuccino

This is nice:

@EAkorn: @jayway728 is cancer free! Support is half the battle and he can't thank you enough! #castle #castlefans @SU2C http://t.co/0MEt1TSIQE

@Stana_Katic: @Hibb728Tony @lizbeth4beauty @jayway728 #StandUp2Cancer Baton Pass 2day. @Jon_Huertas @seamusdever @NathanFillion http://t.co/AFwsa7aceX

@lizbeth4beauty: #StandUp2Cancer baton passed 2 @jayway728 in a moving tribute along with @Hibb728Tony & @Stana_Katic http://t.co/0fTGlAOEmt

Edited by FlickerToAFlame
  • Love 1

That is lovely to see.  Great to know that Jay is cancer free.  I remember Stana retweeting a sweet note from Jay's wife to him a while ago.

The gang looks good.

What is Jay's job on the crew?  Is @Hibb728Tony another crew member?

Don't know if anyone has posted this (didn't find it). Lisa Schomas confirms that the Always deleted scene will be included in the Season 6 DVD.

Link

Please someone, post it to You Tube when you get it and PM me a link ;-).

Edited by TVWithPity

Guess we know why the ring was cleaned. *wink, wink* 

Funny how people get excited that she's wearing her engagement ring when the engagement is a year old. *smh*  Should be a normal thing not some big ass event everytime she wears it, 

Edited by Samantha84

I've seen fans already asking that very question Samantha, they can't think of any justifiable reason why Castle and Beckett can't explore this together as a married couple. What could possibly keep them from getting married? Especially since they said back in S6 they didn't want to wait any longer.    

• Love 1

Funny how people get excited that she's wearing her engagement ring when the engagement is a year old. *smh*  Should be a normal thing not some big ass event everytime she wears it, 

I can understand why some still get excited even now because TPTB for whatever reasons screwed up last season. Something that simple they couldn't get right. Instead they allowed some fans to generate this huge head of steam over the missing ring, that was ridiculous. It should never have become a big talking point. They're meant to be two people in love, a ring is a symbol of that love and their future commitment, this couple are the show's focal point, so have her wear the ring regularly. Jesus how complicated was it for them to not get it? Fans who care about this kind of thing are then happy, fans who couldn't care less still won't care so no harm done.   

Good to have the Always deleted scene confirmed as being on the S6 DVD release, at least that's one thing I know I can look forward not sullied by any "new mythology". Heh.

Great news to see that guy is recovering.

mad maverick, he's a lighting technician according to IMDB. Not sure about Tony Hibbard though.

Edited by verdana

I think the problem a lot of us have is not the fact that we didn't get a big wedding or even a wedding period. The problem was that AWM wrote himself into a corner by spending a good deal of time focusing on an event we didn't see. I think he made life harder than it needed to by getting them engaged so quickly and then spending an enormous amount of energy into what? A kidnapping? A burnt up car? The CIA? Castle's new "hackology" (I couldn't resist) that neither the character himself or anyone around him has known in seven years? What is the narrative pay off for wounding the important emotional backstory of one character (aka taking her "down a peg") and destroying what should have been a special event for both the characters and the fans? And I'm not being sarcastic. It seems that AM/DA think that this new mythology will be compelling enough to compensate for the emotional fallout of that finale. I've been trying to think of how they could get this show back on track, in a way that's genuine and true and real. I'm at a loss, but then again I'm not writing the show.

The difference on Bones (the show we dare not speak of) is that they did dick us around a bit with the engagement, but they resolved it very quickly and gave the fans a beautiful wedding.

At the end of the day it's not really about weddings or engagements. It's about seeing the passion and chemistry and spark and friendship that used to be there. I really wouldn't care what the hell they were doing if we could just get that magic back.

• Love 4

I'm sure you guys are going to see The Scene and think I'm bat shit bananas for thinking it was so awesome. It's become somewhat hazy in my memory now, but I can clearly remember my mouth dropping open in shock with Marlowe and Miller standing 15 feet in front of me and thinking "how did these two come up with this level of hotness?" But I do know for a fact it's a 120% hotter than anything we've seen in the last two years. I just hope you guys like it as much as I do.

Agree with verdana above about the ring. It was just so bloody silly that she wasn't wearing it. Especially when characters on similar shows were doing it without issue. The fact is that the art department (which encompasses the costume department) should have been on that. So should the script supervisor. It's just so sloppy.

I'm sure you guys are going to see The Scene and think I'm bat shit bananas for thinking it was so awesome. It's become somewhat hazy in my memory now, but I can clearly remember my mouth dropping open in shock with Marlowe and Miller standing 15 feet in front of me and thinking "how did these two come up with this level of hotness?"

Did they really? ;)  I'm inclined to think it has more to do with Nathan and Stana working their magic and unleashing some of their potent chemistry.  

We'll likely never know whose input accounted for what, be it the writers, actors, director or editor, unless we see the actual script or they do a DVD feature on how they crafted this arguably most important scene of the series.  Pity.  It sure would boost DVD sales even more. ;)  I would like to know who came up with the touching and kissing of Beckett's scar which I thought was a nice touch, and doing it against the door say vs the bedroom.

Did the actors and/or the writers use up all their magic in Always because many of the hardly intimate scenes we've gotten since have sadly felt flat instead of sizzling?  Of course I would like to know why we've got nothing remotely as intimate and passionate as Always since (why does AM see no room in the story for such?), but I get the feeling that question will not be answered by AM and TM when they introduce the clip.  Will they joke about "respecting the process"? ;)

Love Stana but I had to laugh at her explanation of why Beckett doesn't wear her engagement ring. Let's keep it 100 .. this show isn't known for it's realistic. Castle following her, in interrogations, Beckett's shoes -- I could do on but you get the point. She could have wore the ring and nobody would have given a shit about the realism. Or should I say .. I wouldn't.

PS? Speaking of Castle in interrogations? How many cases have been tossed out b/c of Castle involved? Laughable that Beckett has the highest closure rate w. Castle around. They probably got tossed out at the trial ... whoops maybe the preliminary hearing! 

• Love 2

Elysium1973: At the end of the day it's not really about weddings or engagements. It's about seeing the passion and chemistry and spark and friendship that used to be there. I really wouldn't care what the hell they were doing if we could just get that magic back.

Very much this. Halwideman referred to a "tool" of storytelling, and what makes me disengage is not any particular plot point, but when it is used as an obvious tool, when the mechanics of storytelling become more dominant than the emotion of the story being told. Passion, chemistry, spark and friendship are the lubricants that allow the willing suspension of disbelief to operate smoothly, and because there's a lot of willing suspension of disbelief necessary because of the nature of the show, too much visibility of the "cogs" hampers my enjoyment. That's why I dislike season-ender cliffhangers as a general rule, because of the overt manipulation.

• Love 4

One of the things I'll be thinking when I watch the deleted scene is why the hell did you cut this short MilMar and give me a boring Smith coda at the end I couldn't care less about?

Of course I would like to know why we've got nothing remotely as intimate and passionate as Always since (why does AM see no room in the story for such?), but I get the feeling that question will not be answered by AM and TM when they introduce the clip.  Will they joke about "respecting the process"? ;)

Will Terri ever live that down? Heh. Seems to me to be a case of if a particular scene doesn't move the story forward they're not interested and Caskett suffers.  They had to show them consummating their relationship it was a big step forward for them both but once that had been achieved there was no reason to show them in a similar situation again and sure enough we've never seen anything remotely like that since and I'm willing to bet we never will.  If it's a choice between spending time on COTW or character development, COTW wins out every time. 

Edited by verdana

mad maverick and others if you have an hour to kill you can watch part one of the talk (before the Scene - TM knew I was filming since I was in the first row and would have known if I had shot it) and part two

To me it seems like MilMar are totally trying to take credit for the scene and the episode, but you have to put in the context of the setting. AFF is mostly film geeks, would be screenwriters, some producers, and everyone is pretty laid back because it's Austin. Their audience at this venue are mostly writers (and creepers like me following AM and TM around the lobby of the hotel like a lunatic. I'm lucky I didn't get arrested). I think they also gave some credit to Bowman too. I remember distinctly that Bowman wanted the scene to stay in, but MilMar (in their infinite brilliance) felt the action of the moment was over and it was time for that tacked on bit with Mr. Smith.

If you want to get film geeky about it, you could.

Edited by Elysium1973
  • Love 1

What struck me listening to them talk about that scene in the loft was how much thought they seem to have put into it, clearly they knew they had to get this moment right and I remember thinking at the time, pity you couldn't put half as much effort into the rest of their interactions since then as you did that one. I never thought I would be praising Bowman for anything but he was right they should have given fans the full show especially as they had no intention of doing it again.

What's even more annoying about the deleted scene that MilMar in their infinite wisdom decided we didn't need polluting our screens, is that from Elysium's description it appears once Beckett lead him to the bedroom Castle took the lead sexually for that brief moment and I've seen scant sign of him wanting to do that since on the show. In fact they've bizarrely done everything in their power to convince me he's no longer interested in having sex at least not much with her, but other random woman the writers enjoy throwing him into the path of he's bright eyed and bushy tailed in their presence but with Beckett it's another story.  

Truth? Everyone I talk to, online & off, forget about that last scene with Maddox and Smith.

Yeah that's what I get too, very few care about the very end scene or even bring it up, some don't even remember there was one. They're too wrapped up in what happened a minute before that. Which is exactly the problem MilMar thought would happen I seem to recall from their talk - that the impact would be lost with the fans given what had just happened - and they were right so why the hell did they leave it in? I guess their insistence on having some kind of dramatic moment to end every season kicked in. Personally Castle and Beckett in bed should have been the end of it, save the Maddox/Smith business for the start of next season.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Castle is shooting on location today. Maybe some pics will show up.

Castle is filming at 355 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles (7:00 AM – 1:00 AM).

Truth? Everyone I talk to, online & off, forget about that last scene with Maddox and Smith.

To be honest, I stop the episode once the Caskett scene is over.

I'll wait and see how season 7 goes and decide then if I'll buy further dvds or not. Maybe when they are for sale but right now I'm not even in the mood of rewatching that sorry excuse for a season. The dvd extras will be all over the internet anyway.

Edited by cappuccino

Personally Castle and Beckett in bed should have been the end of it, save the Maddox/Smith business for the start of next season.

Yes, starting the season with that terrible attack, then switching to the sexy /romantic/funny morning after scene, would have worked much better. It would have reminded us immediately of the plot points and then given us the sweetness of newfound love, and why it is being threatened.. Very satisfying.

I stopped buying the DVD's back in S4. Mainly because there weren't enough episodes I enjoyed to make it worth my while and in any case the best clips, bloopers and deleted scenes all end up posted on tumblr and youtube very quickly so why waste my money? I can watch them any time I like in any order. You can even get the links to the commentaries on the various episodes they've done off tumblr. I see some fans who weren't previously going to buy the DVD under any circumstances are thinking about it just because of this one deleted scene but I don't see the point of that, it won't make you like the S6 episodes any better.  

When the show is finally done and dusted they'll probably release an extra special costly deluxe DVD set but even then I'm not sure I'll be tempted unless there's lots of goodies on it. 

Edited by verdana
mad maverick and others if you have an hour to kill you can watch part one of the talk (before the Scene - TM knew I was filming since I was in the first row and would have known if I had shot it) and part two

Thanks, elysium, but to be honest, AM & TM's 'process' just doesn't interest me that much, judging from the final product.

I actually don't have a problem with the Caskett scene ending when it did.  I loved how they softly kissed each other at the end and were so in sync when they opened their eyes at the same time.  That look of raw desire they shared as Beckett led Castle to the bedroom was a perfectly natural ending point.  I'll have to wait and see if the scene would have been even better if we saw them make it to the bedroom.  But I agree that it was definitely a huge mistake to end the episode with the Maddox coda, which was just irrelevant to viewers at that point.

Again, what irks me most about the whole thing is that we never saw any passionate love scenes of the same calibre (or at all!) ever again in the relationship!  So the fact that there was an extra few seconds of the only proper love scene we'll ever get out there... ;)

This is the only show I can think of where a scene from 2 seasons earlier is put on a later DVD.  They have their reasons no doubt ;), but it's still odd.

Seems to me to be a case of if a particular scene doesn't move the story forward they're not interested and Caskett suffers.  They had to show them consummating their relationship it was a big step forward for them both but once that had been achieved there was no reason to show them in a similar situation again and sure enough we've never seen anything remotely like that since and I'm willing to bet we never will.  If it's a choice between spending time on COTW or character development, COTW wins out every time.

COTW wins every time no doubt, but it's not as if the COTW is brilliantly written and worthy of the extra screen time!

A scene of Caskett just being them can grow the characters, flesh them out some more, which can move their story and relationship forward if done right.  Even a well written Caskett scene of them having fun and enjoying each other (but not by taking the sexy out of Scrabble and then forcing it down ;)) can make an episode a lot more interesting to watch.  But they don't seem interested in putting much effort into crafting such relationship scenes.  If they don't know by now that some of those light-hearted bits full of banter and chemistry are what makes the show good and enjoyable to watch, then they really don't know much at all.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

The scene as it stands is great but it will be nice to see for ourselves that clip which was deemed unnecessary. Perhaps if fans had got to see more frequent signs of genuine intimacy between Castle and Beckett since then may be there wouldn't be the fuss over the its release. Although Marlowe and his good lady wife didn't help matters with their amateurish attempts at trying to lessen the fallout after Austin. 

• Love 2

I'd rather stay in the good books of Rob H (who is writing 704), so I won't say who is directing 704. But he was right in terms of he's worked with them in the past. Looking forward to see what the combination will give us this time around.

Add me to the list who thinks they'll get married in November sweeps - that was always my tip back when they did the Castle set visit as part of the TCA Winter Tour back in January and my opinion really hasn't altered since then.

Edited by Nadine

I have 2 seasons of Castle DVDs ... season 1 and season 2. Speaks for itself, huh?

I refer to those seasons, plus Season 3 as "Castle 1.0". The rest is "Castle 2.0" with all of the implications of how software version 2 tends to "fix" things that aren't broken ;-).

I am happy for You Tube and syndication because I don't buy TV shows. We've DVRed about 82,000 episodes of Castle, LOL. Maybe "Castle 3.0" will make me appreciate "2.0"? Who knows?

• Love 1