Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I think they're going crazy, they look so desperate.  Is this their new policy now a screener before every episode? It's bizarre, they've never done this before. 

Luciana Mangas @lucianamangas  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Three #Castle screeners in a row, ABC? Who are you and what have you done to the network I know and love? ;)

Edited by verdana

Yeah, I'm thinking it's a sweeps move. Given that the last 2 worked out well for them, they want to keep up the momentum.

Did The Night Shift do well last season? That's the ER/Grey's Anatomy/General Hospital mashup show, right? That's never gone head to head with Castle, has it? I'm just curious, because everyone I've talked to after seeing commercials says that show looks pretty awful.

The Night Shift was a hit over Summer for NBC - that's why they decided to move it into the 2014-15 season. I enjoyed the first season so some of the demos will overlap with Castle, etc.

Edited by Nadine

Last new episode until March 16, last Monday of Sweeps and NBC launches second season of The Night Shift (behind The Voice) on the same night. I'm not that surprised they decided to put a screener out.

But aside from the last point, it's no different than seasons in the past. I just can't help but wonder if it's more than just sweeps, an upcoming hiatus and a new competitor.  

But aside from the last point, it's no different than seasons in the past. I just can't help but wonder if it's more than just sweeps, an upcoming hiatus and a new competitor.  

It might be - honestly it's hard to say at this point - ABC, this season has done it with some of their shows. So part of it for me is that it definitely is an online marketing strategy (plus it's cheaper).

Wendy not sure if you want these posts to move to the Ratings thread or to stay in here?

Edited by Nadine

Feb 23rd 7.16 ~ The Wrong Stuff - Terri Edda/Holahan (Stana's tease “Mars, spacesuits and space travel.” )
Mar 2nd BREAK
Mar 9th  BREAK
Mar 16th 7.17 ~ Hong Kong Hustle? - Chad Creasey/Jann Turner (Beckett is paired with a "hot-shot Hong Kong cop")
Mar 23rd? 7.18 ~ TBA  - Adler/Roe (Ryan episode) 
Mar 30th? 7.19 ~ TBA - Kate Woods/Hanning
7.20 ~ (deals with "the vanishing" aka Castle's disappearance according to Amann)
7.21 ~ ?
7.22 ~ 150th episode - Jeannot Szwarc/TBA
7.23 ~ Finale

I took the information on 7.22 off this twitter account, not sure where she got it from though.

Edited by verdana

On the plus side, a screener probably means it's a good episode, right? They wouldn't release something they thought people would trash.

Another option for getting people to watch could be actually airing promos for the show.  

Andy tweeted the info about Jeannot directing the 150th back when he was directing Kill Switch.

Hehe KaveDweller what are these promos you talk about? *insert sarcasm*

Edited by Nadine

I'm pretty sure if you're show isn't created or produced by Shonda Rhimes, you get no promo time. At least, it feels that way. I mean, I watch Grey's Anatomy, but if I have to see that T.G.I.T commercial again I might scream. I get it. Shonda is ABC's savior or something.

It's weird to me the way ABC does their marketing. They push some things so hard and then completely ignore others. I get that with something like Castle, they should have an established fanbase that knows when the show is on, but why not give their older shows some love? I'm just talking a little 15 second spot about what this week's episode could be, not some drawn out, big budget, omg commercial.

It's frustrating, but there must be a reason why ABC thinks it's not worth it.

• Love 1

Another option for getting people to watch could be actually airing promos for the show.

Ikr? The newest shows get the most but if it's not a huge hit it gets ignore. Forever was heavy promo for about 2 months then srsly drop off since it wasn't a huge hit. I think I've seen 1 promo for them in the past 2 weeks while none for Castle. Of course there's that Wendy comedy thing that involves the actors from Shonda's shows and all of Shonda shows get promo. I haven't seen any promo for Friday night shows in a while and Nashville maybe getting 1 or 2 promo spots a week. Schedule is weird this season since the Sunday night shows skipped Feb sweeps.

I wouldn't mind if there were more similar shows doing the AoS/Agent Carter schedule but have the main show with 20 eps and interim show with 10. Or do the 15 eps shows then the mid season replacement in March that HTGAWM/American Crime schedule is doing. At least we're getting weeks of new eps and maybe the network would promo more when the main show comes back from their winter hiatus.

Nice to see Nathan on TV in something other than dark hues for a change.  I'd be in shock if Luke ever dressed him in a pink shirt.  A shirt that actually showcases his arms like the one here would be nice.  Cool to see him pop up on TBBT.  

LOL at Nathan being thifty by taking the carpet from Lucky Stiff victim's apartment to put in his house.

Complete with the staples lol.  I don't remember the carpet at all, but I remember there being a whole load of stuff in that apartment.  Lottery winner victim, right?  I wonder how it works if the actors or anyone involved in the show want a prop or a piece of wardrobe.  Do they just pay what the show paid for it or don't they have to pay at all if it's to be thrown out anyway (what a waste!)?  i hope there's some recycling going on with all the sets that get built and torn down continuously in Hollywood.  If I were Stana, I'd be tempted to buy Beckett's coat collection when the show ends.  And then she could make a killing should she ever want to auction them off. ;)

And lol at people blowing a photo of a $3 Spiderman mug on his kitchen counter all out of proportion.  I guess those kinds of fans aren't limited to the Castle fandom. ;) 

And there seems to be a certain recurring need to explain that he is indeed not the puppet master behind Castle.

Some in the fandom continue to mistake him as the puppet master but I'm not sure any amount of explaining will convince those people.  Just because the showrunner made a comment about there being more focus on Castle this season, it all has to be all NF's doing because reasons.  Of course it has to be. ;)

Those must have been some awkward and priceless reactions anytime a fan yelled "the hammer is my penis" to him in public.

Didn't someone yell this at him at either the Castle comic con or Paley panels?  He's been asked to say this line at panels and such and that can be awkward too. This line and the Firefly bonnet line are classic but I don't know about repeating them out of context.  I would love to see a Dr. Horrible sequel.  

Yeah, I read their website too, and I still have no clue what they're going to do with the money. I don't begrudge them raising it, but for me, I'd be far more likely to donate with concrete goals and tasks ahead spelled out for the money raised.

Same here.  Having concrete goals spelled out and a clear roadmap as to how they are going to accomplish them are really important considerations when I make charitable donations.   Having been involved with NGOs before, there's a lot of waste and inefficiency going on which really frustrates.  Transparency, accountability and tangible results are really important to me.

Reducing our carbon footprint in any way we can is very important.  Going car free has an impact but I also think things like air travel should be part of that conversation too because emissions from flights are enormous and only set to rise.  And the conversation should include other lifestyle choices we make that impact the environment as well as our health, like eating less meat and even buying less clothes, which may be more doable for people than going without cars.  (I realise merch is a source of funds for charities nowadays but I still find it a bit ridiculous that people feel the need to wear limited edition ATP clothing as they do their ATP commute lol.  Do we have to 'look good/cool', 'feel good' as we 'do good'? ;) But that's very much something charities have to keep in mind nowadays unfortunately.)

I think the knowledge that going car free (or even buying a more energy efficient car) is good for the environment is already out there (and a fact of life for millions on the planet), especially in a place like L.A., so I'm minded to think it's unnecessary to spend a lot of money on imparting what is basically common knowledge.  But to make people actually want to go car free there have to be realistic alternative options available, along with economic (and health) incentives.  If L.A. really wants to go more car free, they need to expand their public transportation system and keep it affordable, create more cycling paths, and make it more expensive for people to own and maintain a car, especially those with high emissions.  

Having spent a week in L.A. without a car because I thought I wouldn't need one being mostly in the downtown area, I have to say it still has some way to go before its public transportation system can really serve the city well. L.A. is so sprawling; being on foot or even on bikes all the time can't be easy, and public transportation doesn't provide efficient access to many areas.  One thing that surprised and really stood out for me in L.A compared to other cities I've been to, is the socio-economic/racial divide, frankly, in terms of those who use public transportation and those who do not.  To put it bluntly, I barely saw one white person on the bus all week, except for tourists.  So I don't know if it's looked down upon for people to take public transportation or not in L.A., but if so, that really is a distasteful first world problem. ;)  I haven't seen such a divide in New York at all or in any other big cities I've been to, especially those where public transportation is the norm.

The urge to get a piece of a celebrity is strong in some people - just look at the obsequious bids for attention on twitter.

Oh gosh, yes.  It's creepy and discomforting seeing it in action in social media.  Unfortunately, I think many subscribers to the cult of celebrity are blind as to how inappropriate their behaviour is.  They probably think it's completely normal and valid and what they are entitled to because they "know" their idols. ;)  And I think it's insane to derive self-worth from seeking attention from celebrities on twitter.

I find the whole idea of buying back something that Stana took the initiative to auction off in the first place presumptuous, and well, plain stupid.   Respecting her wishes should be basic etiquette 101.

I do love the story of the shirt and the Duran Duran tickets, but Stana and Nathan will always have the memories even without the physical items.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 2

Re the last comment in that screener preview: Alexis' pregnant!  The PI arc is over but Pi the boyfriend returns!  Just kidding.  Maybe Alexis or Martha announce they're moving out?  Martha secretly got married?  That would be quite out of the blue.  Not that they've gotten anything much to do all season.  About time they got some sort of storyline.  I'm a bit wary of any shocking revelations thanks to forgotten marriages. ;)    Maybe Beckett announces that she's sitting for a promotion exam, and that mixes in with the upcoming episode where she feels challenged by another detective.  

I think Beckett will get a story of her own from the writers in the next few episodes although I also don't think she's been sidelined to any great extent this season. What's changed is that she hasn't had the mombatross to drive her story and she hasn't had any season long character arc (but neither has Castle in the past few seasons nor really this season because they mythology has been basically forgotten).  To me, she's had just as strong a presence in the investigative side of things  and an even stronger presence in the personal side of things.  She had stuff to do in the opening episodes, the wedding episodes and the PI episodes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end the season not with any pregnancy announcement (no incubation in the near future, please!), but with an agreement that it's the right time to start trying.  But being Castle, they're probably going to throw in some doubt and angst with some mythology crap related to Castle's disappearance.  No Casket rift, please.

Always game for a classic Castle episode, set in space or not.  I liked TM's alternate universe/wedding episode so hoping her good streak continues.  

Crowded loft?  Does this mean another kisses interruptus scene?  Wouldn't be "classic Castle" without one. ;)  Castle needs to get them their own locked and sealed in house space chamber. 

• Love 1

Any chance of Stana being part of the new DWTS cast this season? The cast is officially announced Tuesday morning, but she did tweet a picture of a man and woman dancing together recently and I saw a random tweet from an "insider" implying she might be. It would only overlap with Castle for a few weeks. And with the kind of fanbase she has (and the dancing talent she already has) she could win it all. It would be a lot of fun to see her as herself each week, she's so quirky and funny.

For what it's worth, there was a TVGuide interview once (I think it's still on Youtube, I'll see if I can dig up a link) where the interviewer asks Stana and Nathan questions about each other (like, "what soap did he get his start on?" or "what languages does she speak"). It was cute. One question they were asked was if they'd ever considering doing DWTS. I remember Stana emphatically saying no, that she'd leave the dancing to the pros.

Both she and Nathan have been in the audience on at least three occasions, but that was also in season 2/season 3. Seamus and Jon have been in the audience, too. ABC does like to cross promote.

I'd almost rather see Seamus do it. I think he'd be a blast.

madmaverick. I go for Alexis and/or Martha deciding to move out. It would be funny if Alexis gets pregnant before Kate...okay may be not that funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end the season not with any pregnancy announcement (no incubation in the near future, please!), but with an agreement that it's the right time to start trying.  But being Castle, they're probably going to throw in some doubt and angst with some mythology crap related to Castle's disappearance.  No Casket rift, please.

I agree there has to be more drama/angst involved but fingers crossed not Caskett related. Which is why I'm keen on the pregnancy bombshell as an easy way of generating excitement, Marlowe seems addicted to soap opera(ish) style endings so a baby would be perfect to throw into the mix. Although it's not really a cliffhanger as such if she's pregnant, you know what's going to happen next but if this is to be the last season then they have no choice. 

I'm trying not to read the rest of these screener previews so no idea if it's overly spoilery or not.

5 Things to Know About CASTLE’S “The Wrong Stuff” | ScreenSpy 

And I don't even need to read this one to know it will be spoilery, so take care.

Castle 7.16 “The Wrong Stuff” - spoiler post by Stana Katic Brasil.

Edited by verdana

Heh thanks madmaverick. I'm doing well so far although I feel I know more than enough already and I'll probably find out more before Monday rolls around. Tumblr and twitter are not places to trawl if you want to stay spoiler free. Sneak peek should be out soon, they usually have one by now. I'll see if I can avoid that too. 

Review Castle 7×16 “The Wrong Stuff” at a fan site CastleTV.net 

I haven't read the actual review but I thought this was interesting at the start. 

While sending people to Mars may seem far fetched on the surface, one of the Mars missions mentioned in the episode "Mars-One" is actually a real thing! More than 200,000 people applied to be a part of the Mars-One project which intends to settle the first humans on Mars in 2024. Of the 200,000 applicants for the Mars-One project Castle creator Andrew Marlowe's own sister Amanda made it through to a short list of less than 700 people so it should come as no surprise that the writing of this episode fell to Marlowe's wife Terri Edda Miller.

I had no idea, that's amazing, Marlowe must be so proud of her getting that far. I guess they've whittled it down some more since then. 

Robert Hanning ‏@RobHanning  3 mins3 minutes ago

“@FredBC77: @RobHanning Do you start filming ur ep today? #Castle Ep719” Yes Fred. Yes I do. #spoileralert #thereismusicinvolved

Music? Oh. 

I wonder how it works if the actors or anyone involved in the show want a prop or a piece of wardrobe.  Do they just pay what the show paid for it or don't they have to pay at all if it's to be thrown out anyway (what a waste!)?  i hope there's some recycling going on with all the sets that get built and torn down continuously in Hollywood.  If I were Stana, I'd be tempted to buy Beckett's coat collection when the show ends.  And then she could make a killing should she ever want to auction them off. ;)

I seem to recall Luke saying in one early interview when it comes to wardrobe they keep everything that is worn and it's not given away. Then afterwards it either goes into ABC costume storage or they'll do what other shows have done and have a big sell off (tables, chairs, clothing etc).  Given the amount of money spent I think it's a great idea to sell what you can, everyone wins. I'd be tempted to fly over just to fight tooth and nail for one of Beckett's amazing coats or those killer boots!  

Edited by verdana

If she was missing for 2 days, she could have missed a BCP, maybe two, maybe even three, depending on the time of day she takes it. If she only missed one active dose, she'd probably just double up the next day and be fine. If she missed more than 1 active dose, the general recommendation is that you use a backup method for a week (while taking any combo of pills, depending on the kind). If she was in the middle of a placebo run, well, she'd be okay. (Again, that's just general advice. With so many kinds of BCPs, consult your doctor or pharmacist or medication guide for actual dosing in the event of a missed pill.) And that's assuming she's not using something like an IUD, a transdermal patch, or a NuvaRing.

It'd also only be a problem if they were having sex, which, based on her near-shock state after they found her I'd debate, at least for the first few days. Maybe that's when they'd forget that she missed some pills and forget a backup?

But yes, it's probably a small detail that won't get mentioned.

Annnd... that's about all I know about birth control. There are so many kinds it almost makes me crazy. (I have a love/hate relationship with it at work. We all have a designated section and it's my section to keep straight and clean and organized and to go through and check for expired dates and stuff.)

• Love 1

I think there was a sketch of a woman in formal dress a while ago and I'd hoped it meant Castle and Beckett would be attending some formal event together.  But it sounds like Ryan may be the only one in black tie.  

If this Mars episode is their version of a locked room mystery, that's cool.  I like those and have been wanting Castle to do one.  Since they probably couldn't swing an island location, I guess they had to go with a Mar simulation instead heh.  

Martha's moved out before, too. With Chet.

I think Martha makes more sense, just given that's she's had a bit more to do lately with her play than Alexis has had all season. It gives her a bit more of a reason.

Either way, I don't think it's going to make that much of an impact on the show. There's so little of Martha and Alexis now anyway. And even if they "move out", that doesn't mean they can't come back to visit - just like they did in S2 when Martha moved in with Chet.

But that's all guesses on my part, because I'm not reading any of the screener info/previews that are being released, so ...

Sneak peek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tzJTaFr52I

New hairstyle alert!  No heels alert!  That was so distracting I almost didn't take in Castle's narration.  Beckett is looking good in that outfit.  Did Castle and Beckett have some morning delight?  Heh.

I'm rooting for Martha to get a storyline but I'm hoping it's not anything like a health scare.  Martha's Chet dilemma was a good storyline.  It's about time she gets a love life again. 

Edited by madmaverick

I vote for Martha leaving simply because if they're going to reduce any supporting characters to barely recurring to save money moving into an eighth season, I imagine Susan Sullivan is the highest paid of them all. If not, IMO she should be considering her resume before she started Castle. Like halwideman though, sadly, I don't care much either way. They have to make room for that inevitable baby regardless, right? ;) 

I think it's Martha, I did immediately think Alexis but it's more poignant if Martha is the one that decides to leave because she realises it's time she left her son and his new wife free to make little Castle babies without her being in the way. It was only meant to be a temporary arrangement that became permanent so it would be more emotional if it's her. Although I know the many fans are clinging on to the hope it's Alexis.

If they're getting ready to wind up the show they have to start thinking ahead and it makes sense that they downgrade various cast members to keep their costs as low as possible. Susan would be an obvious choice to get the cut if not permanently at least to the point she's only making guest star appearances. Same goes for Molly, Tamala and Penny and TBH I don't think many fans would be that bothered either as they contribute so little.

S55 beat me to it. Heh.

And McManda is right she's moved out before so it could be either one of them. 

Edited by verdana

Martha did move in with Chet in s2 so they both have moved out. I hope that mange to graduate Alexis at the end of next season. Have her go to grad school or take a job out of NYC, so if there is a s9 she won't be awkwardly shoved in random scenes at the loft.

Did like how one of the reviews gave kudos to the art department. Even when there is a disappointing storyline you can always count on the awesome set.

Cute but that was like the shortest sneak peek ever. I wonder if they will release another one Monday morning.

Edited by turnitwayup

Wish I could say I cared.

Yeah it's sad but I don't care any more if they were shelved as characters. I wish they had been developed more and had their own little stories so I could be more invested but their roles amount to very little and their presence can often be awkward and jarring when they suddenly pop up for no apparent reason in the story and I know that the writers had to include them because of their contract terms.

I can't wait to see the sets on this one they are going to be awesome. 

Edited by verdana

Sigh.  I'm going to miss Martha if she goes because Susan Sullivan is underused as it is.  I think her scenes with Nathan where mother and son support each other and offer each other advice are something special and add something to Castle.  They haven't made use of her in the same way with Alexis or Beckett unfortunately.  I wish we could have seen some of the joys and challenges of Beckett becoming part of the family and developing relationships with Martha and Alexis.  Castle/Martha/Alexis are still ingrained in my mind as a tight if a bit unusual nuclear family unit and I'll miss them being a trio.  If Martha's moving out, I hope it's just a storyline and not a sign that she'll be cut from the show entirely.  I like seeing Castle with his mother and daughter as well as Beckett.  I wouldn't be surprised if some actors get cut or their episodes reduced for next season because it seems like networks like to do that when new contracts are signed. 

If they're getting ready to wind up the show they have to start thinking ahead and it makes sense that they downgrade various cast members to keep their costs as low as possible. Susan would be an obvious choice to get the cut if not permanently at least to the point she's only making guest star appearances. Same goes for Molly, Tamala and Penny and TBH I don't think many fans would be that bothered either as they contribute so little.

It's sort of an indictment of the writing that the show could lose half of the cast that has been there since day one & it wouldn't really bother me at all.

• Love 1

oberon. Yes it is but it should never have got that way, usually fans tend to invest more in the characters as a show ages not less.  But the sad fact is for quite a few fans as long as Castle, Beckett and the boys stick around they're happy.

Now I'm back at my 50/50

Heh. So where are we on the voting front? I count 4 definite votes for Martha and you're sitting on the fence. 

Edited by verdana

I think there's always going to be a hierarchy of characters, and even that depends on how they decide to move away from a character (do you kill the character or just have them move on?)

Castle and Beckett are non-negotiable on both fronts. Ryan and Espo are very close to being non-negotiable, though could be a very compelling story on having one of them leave for better things. The one that leaves would be hard to replace, though. Martha and Alexis are non-negotiable in terms of death (no killing them allowed), but it makes sense from a story perspective that they can move on. Especially because neither one can be replaced (Castle's not going to magically get another teenage kid, or another mother), so no problems there. Lanie and Gates are fair game for either, but there's not really an emotional payoff to killing Lanie or a good story reason to have her leave, and they've already killed and replaced a captain (RIP Montgomery) so Gates is off the table right now, too.

The hierarchy of characters is why I knew Montgomery was the one not making it through the S3 finale. Not that he was expendable, but he's the one that they could kill that wouldn't cause a complete strike (Castle, Beckett, Ryan, Espo) or insane emotional fallout (Alexis, Martha), but that they could build a story around (what would killing Lanie accomplish?).

Having a mini-story with Martha and/or Alexis makes sense for a storyline, plus it's safe and easy and undoable if they want (considering they have, both times, before). I wouldn't read too much into it. I don't really think they're paring down the cast. (In the grand scheme of things, Molly and Susan probably don't cost that much anyway.) I think it's just Marlowe thinking that it's another duck to get into a row. And who knows, maybe Martha finds the apartment across the hallway for sale and buys it and they turn it into a mother-in-law suite - so she moves out, but not really.

(Again, the only spoilers I've read are on this board, so I could be spewing crap.)

Second sneak peek here

If this was from the same day, I'd guess that this is why Beckett wasn't in heels in the first sneak peek, but based on the hairstyle and one of the screener reviews, I'm guessing it's not the reason. 

I know she could very easily pop back in whenever, and she's not really around that much anyway, but the Martha-moving-out news is kind of sad. She's such a fun, warm presence in the loft and it's nice to think of her there even though we don't see her. 

I think it would make more sense for Alexis to move out.  She's almost 21 (if not already there), she's in college, and it just is natural for her to move out.  She moved back in because things didn't work out with Pi, but I was surprised they didn't have her go back to a dorm or to room with a classmate this year. Castle being missing probably made her want to stay close to home though. 

I wouldn't mind if they cut the number of episodes Martha and Alexis were in, as long as when they did use them it was for an interesting story line and not just to give awkward exposition

But that would cut into commercial time.

Since the point of having a network is to sell advertising, it makes little sense to replace paid advertising with unpaid fillers.

I'm always suspicious of channels that fill commercial breaks with promos for other programs. It makes me feel like I'm the only one watching.

But that would cut into commercial time.

Since the point of having a network is to sell advertising, it makes little sense to replace paid advertising with unpaid fillers.

I get that, I just think that when you compare the ads for Castle to the ads for other ABC shows (also unpaid) there's a lack of balance.  And maybe that's just because ABC thinks Castle doesn't need the ads as much as other shows.  

The last of the roundtable interviews has been released by GMMR - pretty much covers what everyone here has discussed already regarding the upcoming Beckett mythology anyway. Hehe. Now people online will probably go on about the variations of the interviews posted when they are all from the same roundtable interview.

Edited by Nadine

Thanks Nadine, what I got from Amann there is if they can wrap this Castle "vanishing" up they will in that later episode. There was no plan for it from what I can see and it's better they put it to bed it never took off as story. Whether that was because they weren't sure about the future so it tied their hands to some degree or they just didn't know how to develop it I don't know may be a bit of both.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I, too, think it's Alexis who moves out. That way Castle can mope about his baby girl being all grown up and not needing him anymore, and Beckett is pushed to thinking about children of their own.

Though Alexis hasn't bothered me too much this season, I prefer scenes with Martha over scenes with her. Scenes with Alexis always seem kind of limited. There is not much to talk about except school/studying and possibly boys as Alexis doesn't appear to have much of a social life/hobbies. At least with Martha there is the acting school and she can give lots of "helpful" advice based on her vast life experience ;)

Stana Katic - Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015

Bold design, not sure it's my scene but she can wear literally anything she's so stunning but it looks rather shapeless from the waist down like a long black shroud with a pretty pattern on.  Some more here. 

I like this close up of her hair and face, nice movement in it and you can see the embellishment closer on the dress. 

The big gold cuffed bracelet she's wearing is unusual, I like it.  

Edited by verdana

It's because the Derek Storm spin off was put on hold.

It was? I had not heard that....was it ABC's call (like they saw a script they didn't like) or Marlowe not wanting to pursue it? Or is that unknown?

But on a less gossipy note, was there any real confirmation that the disappearance was connected to some kind of real Derek Storm or was that just speculation?